• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread

Rizen

Smash Legend
Seriously, it's hard for my Wolf to land safely if a good Marth's guarding the stage. Floatys like G&W are in a terrible position.
Here's a vid of my G&W vs a good Wolf, critiques are welcome:):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azXaJm4sj5A
It's wifi :urg: like all mine are :urg::urg:, and the first two falls are button lag related. The connection wasn't bad though. My problem at the end is I couldn't figure out how to finish him then got stupidly spammy. Dsmash spam is a bad habit carrying over from other characters I use. Can someone tell me why at 3:09 that didn't sweetspot the edge?

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Seriously, it's hard for my Wolf to land safely if a good Marth's guarding the stage. Floatys like G&W are in a terrible position.
You posted that 10 days ago? *watches*

Well, I'm not the best at Brawl, but all I can really say is use more nairs and bairs, and don't use dsmash so much.
Also, I have no clue why it didn't sweetspot the edge. If I had to take a guess (don't take my word for it) it's because you came straight up and you have to go at it from a slight angle, but... I really don't know.
Meet me on AiB sometime, I'd like to play you. :p

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Falco is my most played MU with G&W. I could try to watch and say something, but I am just a random noob from Finland.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
Falco is my most played MU with G&W. I could try to watch and say something, but I am just a random noob from Finland.

haha u mad? you're pretty good if you want to you can say something^^

and don't you know eddy? i think he sometimes plays wifi with you guys from finland

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Eddy? Never heard of him...
You see, I'm not like the rest of the Finnish guys, I don't follow tournament, I don't watch streams, I don't care about who is who and I don't play foreign players on wifi. Sorry :(
And I'm not good sorry, Finland sucks until we prove we are awesome by going ooc. We will this year, just you wait. Couldn't bother watching the videos yet, maybe later unless Zac is fast.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
Eddy? Never heard of him...
You see, I'm not like the rest of the Finnish guys, I don't follow tournament, I don't watch streams, I don't care about who is who and I don't play foreign players on wifi. Sorry :(
And I'm not good sorry, Finland sucks until we prove we are awesome by going ooc. We will this year, just you wait. Couldn't bother watching the videos yet, maybe later unless Zac is fast.
no problems we germans either but at least some of us were at apex but they really didn't manages to get out of the pools unfortunately but our best players weren't there so yeah ^^°

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Oh cool, you play with the other Chozo? Tell him Red Falco > Green Falco

Honestly, the only advice I can give you in this MU is to do retreating backair on his shield from above. Other than that you have to make a lot of reads and make good use of your punishes to get a lot of damage. Any time you can get a nair string, don't be afraid to follow up with UpB for a bit of extra damage. Every bit helps, and a Falco like ChoZo is really tough to get in on, so when you're in there make the most of it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Against Falco, always stay on platforms when you are under 50%. Whatever you do, don't get grabbed, it's essential that you don't. If you get chaingrabbed on every stock, it's pretty much a free stock for Falco overall.
If you have a % lead, go the ledge or near it and crouch. He cannot phantasm your crouch and is forced to approach. If you get grabbed, he can't dthrow as you go off the stage and if you shield, you will slide away.

That's pretty weird advice, but still work on that.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I swear to god, I gravitate towards Falco every time I'm at 0% and he grabs.

Eddy is in the RT chat all the time, LzR. So is Schwa and Jebu. You should visit us from time to time B)
Eddyknight, on his quest to get the best brawler on earth. He ***** so much hard /inside jokes

Although everyone will probably disagree with me, I find G&W's dash attack to be really good against Metaknight. Especially to combat his recovery, as it can hit him out of every special, even when he's going to sweetspot the edge! This either stage spikes him or sets him up for a nair string. I love that move. Also, don't be afraid to try to grab MK. I didn't see you grab Eddy one time in game 1, which kind of a shame because G&W can really hurt MK with a grab.
Your uair and up b usage is pretty good. Bacon too, I guess, but I never use that, so I have no comments on that.
And nair more on the edge, it's amazingggggggg

I would comment about Falco and stuff, but I'm terrible against him myself.
NEW VIDEOS FROM ME:
WFs against Chiiiiii - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruo5fOravyw (**** quality)
LFs against Hudet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j8tmHC9440

I'd like to say that my execution that day was terrible; I did so many wrong commands, and struggled to slow fall my dair.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Sure Gardex, I'll visit sometime.
About MK stuff: I dunno, I have never actually played against a competent MK since he is banned here.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
thanks both of you
gardex you really can't tell how funny it is to annoy eddy with this eddyknight thing
he just should've stayed wolf anyways thank you very much for the tips i will use them 100%

Rizen

Smash Legend
MK would still be ranked fairly high even if his only attacks were grab/throws, Tornado, Shuttle loop, Dsmash and Dair.

Pressing down during G&W's Dair will slow-fall it right?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes it will slowfall it. You can even drop from the ledge and do a slowfall dair and still make it back.

guapo

Smash Apprentice

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
haven't watched everything but awesome u use Kingdom Hearts songs i love kh
otherwise when the opponent is at the edge u used dtilt most of the time
first it worked but then zss began to do get up attacks and it always hittet you
just shield and do an aerial oos or usmash oos or just grab
otherwise try to bucket some d smashes?
but only if you're sure you don't get punished too hard afterwards i mean
one full bucket of d smashes = garanteed kill

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
MK would still be ranked fairly high even if his only attacks were grab/throws, Tornado, Shuttle loop, Dsmash and Dair.

Pressing down during G&W's Dair will slow-fall it right?
Funny you mention this because i was in the middle of a money match with one of my state's MKs when an old MK main challenged him to beat me without using B moves which was hilarious. I was saying how I think MK is actually easier when he uses B moves because i can get those big punishes and then I was like: "oh yeah i can attack his shield now"

it was hilarious. I mean yeah he could have just Dsmashed outta shield but still the whole thign was pretty funny to watch. He still won but he was already a stock ahead anyway lol

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Alright guys got some replays. They're not all of me ****** face because i don't like to only post videos of me winning (Because I never do)

but they're still not bad (Most of them)

Friendlies
:gw: vs :dk2:
SmileyFace (Gdubs) vs Stevo (DK) 1 This one has a stupid ending
SmileyFace (Gdubs) vs Stevo (DK) 2 End of both our second stocks on this one is pretty funny
SmileyFace (Gdubs) vs Stevo (DK) 3 Nothing I can specifically recall about this one

Money Matches
:gw: vs :snake:
There were actually 2 sets, this is condensed into one. It was originally a 5 dollar MM 3/5 and I lost 3-1 so i double or nothing'd him and the second set was my loss 3-2. So some of these are from the first and some from the second. The last match is actually the last match though and also the only one not on Battlefield (we both kept picking it.)
SmileyFace vs K9 1
SmileyFace vs K9 2
SmileyFace vs K9 3 MUST WATCH, at least the second stock =)
SmileyFace vs K9 4
SmileyFace vs K9 5 Smashville is usually my best stage but he got revenge on me for game 3 I guess.

:gw: vs :metaknight:
SmileyFace vs DarkShifter 1 First stock is MUST WATCH. I don't care if you watch the rest but it's the only reason I put the set up. First stock = Glorious Mr. Game & Watch
SmileyFace vs DarkShifter 2

Pools
:gw: vs :pit:
SmileyFace vs KiraFlax 1 Before anyone says anything about Pit: Kira is really good. Much better player than I am.

Loser Amateur Free Bracket :urg:
:gw: vs :olimar:
I didn't even make it out of pools (Ironically i was the person who was one of the biggest advocates for an amateur bracket and i'm the reason we even had one lol. I was very salty that day but i'm over it now. I lost to an Ike (Who's pretty good but i really should have won. It was mostly matchup inexperience.) And then I lost to a new wolf who I should have beat no question. But I kept dying off the top at stupid percents (don't ask how i did that against wolf) and KOing myself (I'm infamous for killing myself at key moments here) Regardless no amount of johns will change my results. Next time.

SmileyFace vs Derp - Grand Finals - Final Match This isn't the Olimar I'm always complaining about but when I first arrived in AZ he was just as much of a problem as the other. I'm a lot better now though. He was having a REALLY off day. Which is also why he didn't make bracket. He used Luigi the first 2 matches. I won 3-0.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Kaptain, I don't got a whole lot of critique, it seemed like you were using pretty decent techniques. Maybe some more up-air action could have helped, also more aggressive up - bing.

Also more bucket, even though fox lazers are just trash, it's still an extra move you can pull.

Fox's up smash is just... rage..

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Even when we play with items, we still turn Smashballs off because they are that terrible.

Rizen

Smash Legend
If the final smashes(FSs) were more balanced (if Brawl was balanced...) smash balls would be more fun. Some FSs are devastating (Sonic, Pika, Ganon...), most are about average but some just suck (Link, Peach, Jigglypuff, Ike, CF, MK, DK, Kirby, PT, ZSS and TLink. Plus some characters are much better at breaking the smashball than others.

Top Bottom