• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Videogame Cafe/Lounge

GAIDS

Smash Rookie
I am looking to start a videogame cafe/lounge in my area. I have worked out the financing and what needs to be done to start. It would not be a typica cyber cafe, it will be more of a place for teens, young adults, and adults to hang out. I am looking at beginning with a smaller set up of 20-30 computers and an equal amount of consoles to game on. Also including a snack bar, pool tables, a couple arcade machines, and ping pong tables.

The difference is I do not want to charge by an hourly rate, I find this to be an annoyance and inconvenience. If somebody only wants to be there an hour or two that is fine we will charge by the hour. I will offer a discounted price for full or half-day admissions which will grant access to anything we have to offer. Also will be discounted monthly and annual fees. I also plan in the future to offer retail, so when those pesky lines come creeping up during console release dates, gamers will have a warm place to wait out their time, as I would gladly leave doors open all night. Also on certain game releases we can stay open all night.

How many of you would be interested in something like this, and do you have any suggestions?

Top Bottom