• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Videos of my IC, Critique Please!

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Use aerial's more, use Ice shots only when you have a fair bit of distance between you and your opponent and use down smashes after standard attacks to clear space for yourself - is also a good edgeguard.. Simple stuff but it should help your game. Nice grab combos =) . Actually, just plain AWSOME playing =D. Psy.

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
Nice videos, and good combos I feel more confident in using Ice Climbers now in Brawl, thx.

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
bravo. in the last video on battlefield...did you die during that air dodge due to the new momentum issues of the new game or was it just an accident.? also is the side B recovery nerfed in this one? sorry to ask but i dont have the game yet. thanks.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
bravo. in the last video on battlefield...did you die during that air dodge due to the new momentum issues of the new game or was it just an accident.? also is the side B recovery nerfed in this one? sorry to ask but i dont have the game yet. thanks.
Well, I died because I stupidly air dodged past the ledge and couldn't get back up to it.

The forward B recovery with popo alone got nerfed and barely goes up but with Nana it's rather good.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Void, I've been showing alot of people your vids for some time now but just noticed that I haven't commented. You've made some of my Ice Climber main friends very happy with the way you played in these.

Keep up the good work! Seriously, whether you know it or not, you are helping shape Ice Climbers into the monsters they have always been.

More vids against different chars and opponents would be greatly appriciated.

Locke66

Smash Cadet
maybe mix up a variety of tilts and smashes...i think you could have KOd the diddy sooner in the first vid but the fsmash's power was diminished...but otherwise great grab combos and desynchs and good work!

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the great comments everyone!

Tomorrow I might have some pretty good friends coming and be able to record matches against other characters, I'm also working to figure out what the hell happened to my capture card during the recording of these previous matches =/

Nasu

Smash Rookie
Turnips are nuts on edge guarding vs Ice Climbers. You got robbed a lot with the Up+B and thus lost Nana. You also got KOed because you were trying to save her. It sucks being alone =/. Why did you throw spike in the middle of the stage? It only combos at lower percentages. A lot of the d-syncing didn't help you out. Some of the time it looked like you were just doing it for d-syncing sake. When you approached Peach from the air, it lead to some punishment. Maybe stay on the ground unless you are doing air combat and you could be rolling more. It is almost not worth going on the ledge vs peach (I'm sure you know that but you did it only once). Freeze doesn't do much at low %. The times it did work were on the defensive. Nice Vids by the way. I like how each person plays Ice Climbers a little differently.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
Dear Virtual Void

You by far have the best ices that i have seen so far, and the same goes for your luigi. I had a question that i would like cleared up for me. In all of your vids except your last against peach you had to do 2 smash attacks to send them flying out of your grab, but on your last vid you simply held peach for a few seconds and then it was the first smasth attack that sent her flying. I was wondering if that is something you can do consitantly or is it a random glitch?

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Dear Virtual Void

You by far have the best ices that i have seen so far, and the same goes for your luigi. I had a question that i would like cleared up for me. In all of your vids except your last against peach you had to do 2 smash attacks to send them flying out of your grab, but on your last vid you simply held peach for a few seconds and then it was the first smasth attack that sent her flying. I was wondering if that is something you can do consitantly or is it a random glitch?
I still trying to figure this one out, when I grab and want to try killing my opponent I smash them, usually the first smash doesn't send them flying so I smash again. This needs to be figured out, I sense potential here.
I had times that I tried to fsmash them out and when it didn't work I did upsmash instead causing them to DI wrong.

After these matches were recorded I figured you can simply charge a smash dthrow then release it but I'm not sure its better than a non charged smash after another smash that didnt release them from the grab.

Red10

Smash Cadet
the peach you played understood how to avoid your chaingrab. its use of floating was pretty genius. it gives me hope that the ICs arent totally cheap.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
the peach you played understood how to avoid your chaingrab. its use of floating was pretty genius. it gives me hope that the ICs arent totally cheap.
As far as I know alot of characters can escape the dthrow chain at very low % (20 or less) but the dthrow to fair to regrab/techchase/jab works on everyone.

Finch

Smash Lord
A lot of your desyncs look like they're out of a fsmash, but it only works sometimes. It looks like nana has some extra lag at the end of the attack, then you iceblock or whatever with popo. What is going on there?

It happens right at the beginning of this vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kjocd_3dPaI

Som

Smash Cadet
I watched the ones against peach

so I'm going to try to give you some advice from my experience but remember this may or may not be useful to your style of play.

its seems like the peach play had complete air control and left you far to afraid of turnips after that luck turnip gimp she landed.

In the case were she thinks she can float all day, back-air the heck out of her, if you space it properly its safe fast and will beat out most of her air attacks. You could also short hop u-air, but watch out for landing lag, is hell with this. Make sure you hit with it. If you want to beat her ground to air, then try di'ed forward tilts coming in at an angle upwards towards her. Up-b for free air kills. and a rising forward b di it properly spaced and make use of the invincibility frames, and it will **** in the air. Rolling underneath her floating d-air for a punish might also work. I tend not to roll much from a habit from melee but I'm finding it useful in this game.

good luck your doing well, as peach is a **** tough match. Thanks for the vids Keep us updated on the rematches.

Cheers :)

Som

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Thats some usefull tips you got there, Thanks!

I figured the bair part later on.
Rolling under the dairs didn't prove to be usefull as I usually got hit before I could utilt/usmash her.

Top Bottom