• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vids of My Wolf: Captain Sa10

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow wolf players, Captain Sa10 here with a few vids of my wolf versus my friends sonic. These two vids are just some friendlies here between us and I wouldn't mind some criticism either. Before I let you guys loose on your rampage of telling me how much I suck, I would like to explain a few things with the vid. It's at a weird angle and moving alot simlpy because he doesnt have the steadest hand in the world, and isn't very good at using one. These are also replay's so button pressing/l and r springs wont be heard during this time, as well as me and my friends voices(he was cursing like crazy lol). Their are some points in the video's that just seem strange but that was just us messing around.

Anyway! Enough of my pesty typing!! Enjoy~

Captain Sa10(wolf) vs. SADX(Sonic)-In two parts I was messing with his head by just airdoding and moving out his way lol.

Captain Sa10(wolf) vs. SADX(Sonic)-There's a part where im just firing my blaster at his sheild because he was testing his to make sure his sheild button was working(lol, no johnz). He also paused the match while I was juggling him so I got of track(if only replays showed the pause*sigh* more johnz, lol).

Dispite from his playing style in these vids, he plays a pretty decent sonic.

You may want to raise your volume xD

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
After a match, if its under 3 min's long, you have the option of saving it to the wii. You'll know that you have that option when the z button is flashing below your statistics after the fight, before you begin another one. After pressing Z you'll be given the option to save that match that you just played, and thus you have yourself a replay. You can view your replays in the vault options at the starting screen. Other then that, the feature should be on at all times unless it can be turned off, which I have no clue how.

aequitas.veritas

Smash Apprentice
oh, ok for sure. yeah i usually play 4 stock and ive never seeen the option there like it is in target smash, etc. i guess maybe ill have to play 3 stock. so wait, you could potentially save the replay to a micro sd card, and then transfer it to your computer????

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
yea but when I tried that, it didnt work out so well. Of course it's alot easier if you use a capture card. Of course if you use the sd card you'll have to convert them from .bin to another format thats readable.

GHKI

Smash Rookie
Your wolf was awesome. i loved how you used the shine, surprisingly many wolf mains don't use it offensively

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

§witch

Smash Lord
Nice wolf man but one thing, bthrow is a no no. Use dthrow. It took me a awhile to get used to that as I played mario at first and bthrow is usually the best one.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
I only used the b-throw to keep forcing him backwards, other then that I use d-throw(I used it during a small grab chain in the second vid). I understand completely why I would use d-throw over a majority of his others, since its arguably one of his best throws.

GHKI

Smash Rookie
I only used the b-throw to keep forcing him backwards, other then that I use d-throw(I used it during a small grab chain in the second vid). I understand completely why I would use d-throw over a majority of his others, since its arguably one of his best throws.
This is gonna sound really bad (because I'm a wolf main) but why is the down throw d-throw better than the b-throw?

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
This is gonna sound really bad (because I'm a wolf main) but why is the down throw d-throw better than the b-throw?
btw thanks for the comment earlier, I really appreciated. It's generally the easiest to combo into, and follow up with a large amount of wolf's approach's. While the bthrow isnt bad, but the DI from your opponent can possibly cause some combo problems. Also because of the way the dthrow is, it's a bit easier to get someone off the edge then the bthrow. All in all, it's just a better throw in combo terms, and follow ups. It also has a nice hit stun to go along with that.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Your Wolf looks pretty good but your friend is so bad that the matches really aren't interesting. Watching Sonic sit around and get used for a punching bag doesn't do much for me. Nice aerial game, though.

And I do think there are situations in which you're better off using the back throw, mostly when you'd rather send them behind you instead of in front.

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
a very developed wolf in terms of aeriels
the ground game is solid in the very few times you incorporated it, but I felt like just a tad more startups from the ground would be a better approach before you start juggling
but who am I to tell you how to play your wolf^ ^

Overall its hard to judge your Wolf to the Max because....frankly, your friend's Sonic has to be the worst I've ever seen.
Does he even use the B button? It seemed like all he did the whole 1st match was run back and forth missing grabs. I feel he needs a "lot" more advice then you

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I thought he had a great Wolf. I liked the use of Bairs and empty short hops. ****ty Sonic, though. I don't care how much of a friendly it was. The only excuse for playing that terribly is if you are playing with your ****.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
I thought he had a great Wolf. I liked the use of Bairs and empty short hops. ****ty Sonic, though. I don't care how much of a friendly it was. The only excuse for playing that terribly is if you are playing with your ****.
lol, yea I try for a more aerial game with wolf since most people dont expect an aerial wolf play. Wolf already has a great ground play so I didnt reflect much on that. He's actually not that bad of a sonic, its just that he was thinking of different ways to approach me since I had stopped or countered most of his other ones.

Top Bottom