• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vids of yesterday's Smash Bros Brawl tournament at WPI

Moochero

Smash Cadet
Very cool to see a lucas player in the finals:chuckle: Hopefully the gamestop tourney will be fun also, even though I hate the rules (random characters...).
Btw...poor Ohhhhhh Yeahhhh guy. He'll be ridiculed for the rest of his life :p

Aerozeke

Smash Cadet
Early negative reactions and impressions be ****ed... this guy speaks the truth. Best ****ing thing I've read (and seen) in a long time. My hope (and hype) for Brawl has been restored.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Was the final match DA Comp vs KoreanDJ? Awesome.

Watching the final match made me wonder about final smashes. On one hand, they made the match incredibly exciting. On the other hand, too much of the match was decided by final smashes.

If only they were an integral part of the character instead of an item...

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I think what they mean about Lucas being surprising is that it's unusual to see somebody using him, considering that his game never made it over here.

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
what was that about random characters in brawl?

Are you to say that the characters you chose in the gamestop tourneys have to be random?
(serious question, i read it over and it sounded sarcastic)

Moochero

Smash Cadet
what was that about random characters in brawl?

Are you to say that the characters you chose in the gamestop tourneys have to be random?
(serious question, i read it over and it sounded sarcastic)
When I signed up yesterday and asked about the rules they said that they would be using wiimotes, 1 minute matches, and random characters. It might be different at other locations, but I was really disapointed. Wiimotes are bad enough, but having to strugle with random characters (and possibly random stages) makes it more of a lottery then a tourney. I'm not sure if they will change it up for later rounds.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
I don't think so. That would be a worst idea in the history of video games.

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
Nice article. Totally got me even more excited about SSBB. He speaks the truth about the odor emitted at functions like these, so many guys = foul smell in the air. Thats why I bring febreze with me when I go to these tourneys. Gotta keep fresh just in case there are ladies at these things.
The comparison of SSBB+SSBM to SFA2+SF3 was cool.

Top Bottom