• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viewing Pleasure

Tristan_win

Not dead.
For the viewing pleasure of the sheik forum and everyone who might be reading this I present to you two epic matches of my Sheik vs KhaosMatador Mario

Sheik vs Mario is not only one of the most even matches in Brawl but it's also the most fun.

Note: KhaosMatador recorded and hand pick these two matches before posting them online. He's also the best **** Mario player I've ever faced and I fear greatly to fight anyone of equal skill or greater in a tournament setting.

Note2: We did a lot of matches so meta gaming did come into play a bit now and then also like always these are online.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9xmIrIqqz7o&feature=channel_page

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zHb_w0Oe2so&feature=channel

^_^

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Second vid, your bair somehow beating out Mario's Up+B did not make sense.

Delayed spacing characteristic of online play is prevalent, unfortunately, but I guess that's just what happens with input delay. You seem really scared of how to follow up from ftilt against Mario, even when you land a situational lock due to proper decay. You stopped short with shield and let him just run away from you. You could probably capitalize on that habit by dsmashing instead.

Random DACUS dancing is funny to watch but I don't see the point behind it.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Second vid, your bair somehow beating out Mario's Up+B did not make sense.

Delayed spacing characteristic of online play is prevalent, unfortunately, but I guess that's just what happens with input delay. You seem really scared of how to follow up from ftilt against Mario, even when you land a situational lock due to proper decay. You stopped short with shield and let him just run away from you. You could probably capitalize on that habit by dsmashing instead.

Random DACUS dancing is funny to watch but I don't see the point behind it.
None of my dacus are random, they are either misreads, improper timing, or improper spacing.

Improper timing being the most frequent.

Also I'm not very good at counting my ftilt and I really do fear Mario up B even though it doesn't do that much damage.... That's just something I will have to over come just like dsmash out of my shield when I should of been using the ftilt.

demodemo

Smash Ace
seriously, good **** tristan, maybe just because you play so much like I do and use the same colour. i am surprised you can play so well on wifi lol

Except of course, you are a lot cleaner and make less mistakes. seems really rigid and refined to me.

May I ask how you do your dacus? i use R for attack, and i always get the trigger noise. i personally like your silent variation better, so how are you doing it?

autocancelled uair FTW.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
seriously, good **** tristan, maybe just because you play so much like I do and use the same colour. i am surprised you can play so well on wifi lol

Except of course, you are a lot cleaner and make less mistakes. seems really rigid and refined to me.

May I ask how you do your dacus? i use R for attack, and i always get the trigger noise. i personally like your silent variation better, so how are you doing it?

autocancelled uair FTW.
Which one Demo those videos have two of my Styles.
Chok style mix with Tristan
and
Ryoko style mix my Tristan flaws and seemly unavoidable stupidly.

I use R for attack as well also as much fun the silent version is in some way I do enjoy the satisfaction of pulling the trigger just as my opponent jumps and hearing that loud click sound when they are sent flying to their doom.... I don't know, I miss halo sometimes.

demodemo

Smash Ace
er.. ive never had a silent dacus before.. how do you do it?

and i was referring to your first video, but i wouldnt call them two different styles.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
er.. ive never had a silent dacus before.. how do you do it?

and i was referring to your first video, but i wouldnt call them two different styles.
You don't press it as hard or let go very quickly. Using something other then the R or L triggers will also make less noise.

Also I find it very hard to believe you wouldn't.

Smash Saej

Smash Cadet
Those were some great matches, even for online play. I just need to control my DACUS as well as you, for that is the only thing that is holding me back with sheik. You are right about mario vs. Sheik, that those are very interesting and fun matches to play.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Woot Tristan finally got vids.

Pros:
+ Some of the smartest chain use I've seen so far.
+ Consistent DACUS (though your spacing with it is questionable at best).
+ Top notch B Air spacing.

Cons:
- This is going to sound horribly generic, but F Tilt moar. There were alot of chances where a F Tilt was a better option and instead you went aerial. You also stopped even in a true lock, but that's been mentioned. *Edit* In the second video, you were much better in this respect.
- Stubbornly anti Zelda, were you just doing this because you wanted review of your Shiek or because your Zelda is alot worse?
- Where's my N Air for kills? Either save it for the kill or use it for damage, but don't cut it out altogether. It was fresh for the vast majority of those matches.
- You should implement chain hogging more in your edge guards.

A very solid Shiek, Tristan doesn't just talk the talk :p

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Those were some great matches, even for online play. I just need to control my DACUS as well as you, for that is the only thing that is holding me back with sheik. You are right about mario vs. Sheik, that those are very interesting and fun matches to play.
DACUS is nice to have it adds new mind games, and a new dimension to Sheik but it really shouldn't be depend upon for much since it’s risky. Dacus everywhere is more of a bad habit of mine now then anything and I do have to break it.

Woot Tristan finally got vids.

Pros:
+ Some of the smartest chain use I've seen so far.
+ Consistent DACUS (though your spacing with it is questionable at best).
+ Top notch B Air spacing.

Cons:
- This is going to sound horribly generic, but F Tilt moar. There were alot of chances where a F Tilt was a better option and instead you went aerial. You also stopped even in a true lock, but that's been mentioned. *Edit* In the second video, you were much better in this respect.
- Stubbornly anti Zelda, were you just doing this because you wanted review of your Shiek or because your Zelda is alot worse?
- Where's my N Air for kills? Either save it for the kill or use it for damage, but don't cut it out altogether. It was fresh for the vast majority of those matches.
- You should implement chain hogging more in your edge guards.

A very solid Shiek, Tristan doesn't just talk the talk :p
Haha, my DACUS is no were near constant I ****ed it up a lot in the first video and it cost me dearly, even stocks.
~~ talking about the bad stuff..~~

I know I know, I got a lot of bad habits I need to break and I need to start counting better. Oh and I do use the nair to kill a lot but I didn’t use it in those videos for some reason ~shrugs~

Oh and my Zelda is …alright but I only use her for killing de3, snakes, and for the match ups Kirby, ice climbers, and Pokamon Trainer. I don’t have much xp fighting anything else with her and half the time she gets rocked if I try.

With all honestly I kill better with sheik then I do with Zelda, unless all my kill moves are greatly weakened or I’m against one of the characters I named above.

i would call the two playing styles adapting to the stage more than anything :\
Ryoko style + my flaws work on most stages really. I could just as easily done what I did on FD in BF if I just choose to do so.

nice vids tristan
Thank you.

Good **** Tristan.

We should play sometime. Sheik dittos should be at least a little interesting.
Sheik dittos are a step up then what they were in Melee but they are still very gay. I’ve actually stop doing sheik dittos a long time ago.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
If I may be as bold as to point out a few things...

Based on your first vid (it should be known I have never seen any of your other vids, so many of these comments may be completely unjustified, but nevertheless...)

4 points to make:

1. Clearly you know how to approach with b-air, and those are some sexy b-airs. However, you used f-air possibly twice is the entire match, and many times you used B-air to send mario the wrong way when f-air would easily kill him. You're great with b-airs, but you need to practice when to use them and when other moves are more appropriate.

2. Continuing on from that last point, there were many times when you just charged at mario somewhat blindly and iirc, you got punished for the most part. Your spacing is almost perfect, but like you said yourself earlier, timing needs some work. Mario's only method of forcing approach is using fireball, which is not that great of a projectile. imo, in this matchup at least, waiting for him to come to you could help.

3. Arguably continuing from the last point, Vanish needs some practice. Though mario did not make great use of your landing lag multiple times, other people might. I think Vanish connected only once, which is understandable, but there were times when you vanished from far away right at him. For some reason he didn't attack, but just keep in mind the vulnerability.

4. Just a tip, but I noticed about 3 times when chain edge-guarding could possibly have gained you an easy KO. I don't know if this is something you use regularly or not, but again, could have helped.

I don't know Khaos, so this possibly isn't my place to say, but I seemed to me that you were more skilled than him. Timing especially is an issue for you though that cost you the match.

As for Khaos, well, working on following up attacks and seizing the opportunity are things to consider.

Again, these comments are generalized, so if you feel like they don't apply, or I'm flat out wrong, let me know. I'm not without faults either.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
nice vids
yeah seems like u got punished for upB alot on that first match...great bair use

u ever get that feeling like ur just flailing around when u can't get DACUS? that happens to me some, just can't let it get to u

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
wow thoughs were pretty cool battles but yeah you need to work on timing on DACUS but good kill with it on the second vid

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I really don't know if I'm better then Khaos or if he's better then me after all we are playing online and although my connect was flawless his connect could of been worst or even better for all I know. Because of that I have a lot of trouble personally to claim I'm better then anyone online.

Little lag online matches does show skill but if you get two players who around the same skill level like Khaos and myself then it's nearly impossible to clearly call who is better.

...Besides, I think he won more sets overall then me anyways U_U

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Aww...I'm so proud of your shiek! Not that I've helped it any, lol. Your sheik is really fun to watch and difficult to read and predict. I enjoy your play style; definitely one of the better sheiks out there.

Um... needles.
Use them more please use them more. They help clear the move list, deal amazing damage, are safe, can be "combed" into, added shield pressure, help edge gaurds, just charging helps to intimidate approaches, etc. etc.

Don't go for Up B kills as often on stage.
UpB is an awesome kill but it leaves you open if you hit shield or if they can attack you before hand. Mind gaming it when people are rolling on stage or when they are coming above with an attack is a good idea, but when they are on stage next to you it more often than not will result in punishment of some sort. The first match really shows that. glide vanishing is pretty safe since you are invulnerable off stage be warry of getting edge hogged. (you know that crap, doesn't apply to the mario match up.)

Zelda
Yeah she sucks but at when your opponent starts getting up there she is a very good choice regardless.If they are off the stage recovering you should have yourself a kill since you barely have to read the opponents get up animations with zelda's fsmash range and dsmash speed, espeacially over 100%. In this match up zelda isn't easy to approach with the help of nair fsmash and usmash aerial approaches are difficult and thats all mario really has got as good as it may be.

OOS
bair out of shield isn't horrible when your opponent gets you from behind it can set up for edge guards and the like. ftilt/dashA is also a viable option, don't panic on that stuff.

Dashing
dash mind games are cool but you risk trips, just keep that in mind. Use walks and single dashes if you have a good momentum or if your opponent is off stage so you don't potentially miss big opportunities.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
i thought those random dash attacks were from missed dacus's haha i could be wrong though

nice bair wall tristan near the end of the second vid :D i should start playing soon, haven't played since i got into college

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
cool video one thing i noticed is that you use your up+b a lot.

mario really should perfect the cape when you do that. if you time it correctly it sends you the OPPOSITE direction your holding. in the first video this would of ment he would of had two stocks over you.

but yeah its also online and the lag is pretty obvious =/

Tristan_win

Not dead.
cool video one thing i noticed is that you use your up+b a lot.

mario really should perfect the cape when you do that. if you time it correctly it sends you the OPPOSITE direction your holding. in the first video this would of ment he would of had two stocks over you.

but yeah its also online and the lag is pretty obvious =/
I'm trained myself that if I get hit by the cape that I'll immediately start holding the other direction to counter act that.

Also I try to start vanishes out of his reach in hopes he would run into them. I just got unluckily that he read me correctly each time when I reappear and punished me.

No one ever said the vanish was low risk move.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
As long as you are using needles where you should be, when reflected, they will run out of range before they hit you.

Yeah, good Sheik, maybe a little less SHAD tho... everything else has been said.

PS. I hate when Vanish stalls like that on the edge haha like in ur 1st vid.

Top Bottom