• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Views on Lucario's FS (Posts/Opinions Welcome!)

Ulciroa

Smash Cadet
Here, just all post your opinions on Lucario's FS.

I think it's okay for racking up damage, but it's got good accuracy and decent KB. Seriously, DI FTW!

I would rate it as above average, on a scale of terrible, below avg, avg, Above avg, and godly.

But ya, it's better than some, but it's not amazing.

Terrible is someone like Mario or Luigi, who's FS's are really not accurate or do much damage. Luigi allows you to KO them, but there's a lot of lag before you can move, and it's really up to chance. Really, if I'm against Mario, I keep behind him or jump right before he uses his fire.

But ya, Lucario's FS is pretty good.

Opinions pl0x xD :lick:

Milln

Smash Champion
I like it. =3 It's great when you get it when you're high in damage or behind a stock,

Ulciroa

Smash Cadet
I've used it to royally OWN my friends (or the few I have) at times, even though I'm sucker enough to fall for Ike's FS a lot T_T

Rebonack

Smash Apprentice
I find it's most useful to fling myself off the edge of the level and try to bait people to chase me. It hurts on the way up and if you nail 'em just right it spikes. Even if it doesn't they'll be off stage and have fewer options for avoiding the beam.

Though eventually they'll just get wise to it >.>

Lucario's FS really isn't one you should just use as soon as you get the ball. Try to set up the scene a bit since it's so easy to avoid.

Fugue

Smash Apprentice
I've found it to be mostly useless unless it's a 4p game and one of the other players is screwing around.
It's got a horrendous startup lag that gives almost every character in the game more than enough time to get into position to dodge, regardless of aim. I've had Bowsers leap over me.
It's really thin, ends too quickly, and turns too slowly. Why can't we just have a vertical Zero Laser or something?
It doesn't even always KO. Both you and the opponent need to be at high damage.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Lucario's FS is pretty good IF you use it right near them. When Lucario leaps into the air, he spikes them down making it harder for the opponent to escape from the beam's range...although it is VERY slow....so if you're fighting say...a ROB, Pit or anyone else who can multi-jump, it's going to end with a wasted final smash as they can just leap away.

Hyprodimus Prime

Smash Cadet
Awe I love it. Mostly because of its awesome recovery. You are able to hit and attack the ball off the stage and still be able to get back from any hight! Give it a couple fairs, jump, dair and its yours. That gives you a huge advantage, you steal the ball so you cant risk being instagibed and you also have the chance of some free damage and maybe a KO.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Easily the best part about this FS is that you can use it right away!
Some final smashes like luigi or marth, if you use it right away you miss or die (luigi off the edge will die)
Lucario will jump to the middle of the stage, give time to aim it THEN shoot!

The ONLY problem I've ever had was people jumping over my head to get to the 'safe' side

Skrye

Smash Rookie
It is a bit too slow for my tastes. If I'm grounded and not moving, I use the Fspecial instead. It's good against slow characters, but can easily be dodged by fast characters too often.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
it's sad to see that Luc has a FS with so manyflaws, still it IS a FS and it can do quite a punch...

one thing I noticed when I was fighting my friends: i had just destroyed the smash ball and was looking for the best opportunity to FS my friends when unexpectedly I got a mushroom and went giant.
I fought for a while but then I activated the FS while still giant: surprise!! Lucario was STILL giant when he launched it, and the beam was about twice as large as it usually is!!
I laughed so hard: I got all of my friend in the same go, and killed them all. everyone was nuts thinking "how the hell did THAT happen??"
pity you need a mushroom for it: chances are slim to happen again.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Its pretty meh.

Some characters can dodge it with almost no effort whatsoever (anyone with good vertical movement), and almost every character can dodge it if the player is good. Even if you hit them on the way up, its still pretty easy to dodge, especially if your opponents "bait" you into aiming to one side a bit before the attack starts, then dash to the other side.

It doesn't KO particularly well for a FS (I've had people at 60%+ survive it), and it doesn't do that much damage. The beam is pretty narrow, fairly easy to avoid.

Its nice that it goes straight to the center, lets you get the ball off the stage and then use it to keep from dying. But as far as how good it is at offense, its definately not one of the best.

Lucario isn't very good at getting it, either. He can get to it no problem, but unless you're at a high percentage, you have to hit it a whole lot to actually get it to break. Lots of opportunities for your opponents to swoop in and get the final hit.

Browny

Smash Hater
its very stage dependant, just like jigglypuffs. puff up is almost a guaranteed triple KO on battlefield and FD, but nothing else. same with Aura storm, it only really works well on stages like shadow moses island or maybe iceberg (lol who plays that)

and its not really weak. provided you are at around 50% and the enemy is too, it should kill them if you manage to drag them to the very top of the beam.

Ulciroa

Smash Cadet
I usually wait until I'm next to them so that I can hit them. Also, it works well on spear pillar. It's ~ the same size as BF or FD. I usually don't have much trouble getting the smash ball as Lucario. I've gotten many a smash ball by launching an aura sphere from a long way away.

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget you can also air dodge past the beam if you take a running start, it's actually quite easy to do with anyone if the lucario player just keeps moving the beam in the same direction, if they anticipate you air dodging though and move it back a bit then you'll get hit, not to mention you will also be higher up in the air so you will get dragged to the top probably. I think the FS actually just becomes an all or nothing (almost) mindgame, you either airdodge through it, and the lucario keeps moving, or you just jump close to it and then jump back, baiting the lucario into moving the beam back a bit, in which case you'll probably get out fine.

fear!

Smash Rookie
Lucario is pure ownage!

He has a good overall, in my opinion 9. He is fast, has good recovery move, exceletn mid-air combos and is personaly my favorite player! :chuckle::psycho:

Top Bottom