• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viewtiful Joe PSA FINAL Release - Recolours, Voice Pack and more!

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
VIEWTIFUL JOE V2 "FINAL" VERSION

To mark my 1 Year Brawl modding anniversary, I've decided to release my Viewtiful Joe PSA as a full pack! This comes with loads of goodies. It comes with the PSA, model, 5 retextures (one more shall be added in the near future), voice pack, names, CSPs, battle portraits, and even two txt files including the full moveset and starter tips on how to play as Joe!

Here are pictures of the 5 retextures that I've done:

Rockin' Yellow Joe

Captain Blue Joe

Jet Black Joe

Alastor Joe

And my personal favourite...

VIEWTIFUL FALCON!

And here is a video of them all duking it out! This one really allows you to see the moveset and voice clips in action:

http://www.youtube.com/v/CLlFgyrXfuE

STATS

Character Over - Captain Falcon
Size - 4/10 Small, thanks to the awesomeness of BeyondYou's great vertex
Running Speed - 3/10 Rather pitiful running speed. Not much more than King Dedede
Air Speed - 9/10 Super fast in the air. Up there with the likes of Jigglypuff.
Combo Speed - 7/10 Generally nice combo potential thanks to a load of useful moves
Priority - 6/10 Pretty good. Much much better than Falcon's
Jump Height - 8/10 Hefty jumps. He can definitely gain some impressive vertical height. Coupled with his great air speed, he's a king of the sky.
Power - 5/10 He has a couple of strong killing moves, but most of his attacks are fairly standard.
Weight - 88 (Middleweight/Lightweight)

MOVESET

AAA combo - A simple punch, kick, kick combo. Based off his L->M->H combo from TvC and MvC3. 8%

F Tilt - A backfist followed by (if you press A again) and back kick. Generally well rounded move. First hit is based off of his overhead (Forward M) from TvC and MvC3. 14% (this move shall be changed in the full release)

U Tilt - An uppercut. One of his slower tilts, but has good knockback and surprisingly good combo potential. Based off his launcher in Viewtiful Joe, TvC and MvC3. 9%

D Tilt - A quick sweep kick. Good speed, low knockback and low damage. Follows up quickly. Based off his cM from TvC and MvC3 4%

Dash Attack - Joe does a slide kick forward at high speeds. Hits to opponent backwards at an angle. Based of his "Slidin" move from Viewtiful Joe (as well as his cH from TvC and MvC3) 7%

F Smash - A powerful punch. The strongest of Joe's smashes but also the slowest (though it still comes out pretty quickly). Based off his Red Hot Dragon Punch from Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble. 16-21%

U Smash - A jumping headbutt. Poor horizontal reach but has great vertical reach and a disjointed hitbox. The weakest (damage wise) of his smashes. 12-17%

D Smash - A sweeping breakdance kick somewhat similar to Mario's D Smash. A well rounded smash with the best horizontal reach out of all 3 of them. 13-18%

N Air - A spinning attack with legs spread out wide. Comes out very fast and has great reach. The third hit also hits foes downwards at an angle (though has low knockback). Based off his aerial S from MvC3. 8%

F Air - A drop kick with good forward reach. This move also has sex kick properties so it has a generally long lasting hitbox. Based off the final hit of his Air Joe move in Viewtiful Joe, TvC and MvC3. 10%, 6%

B Air - A quick backwards kick. Has good knockback and damage at the sweetspot (his foot) but pretty poor range. 12%

U Air - An upwards flip kick. Basically the same as Captain Falcon's but faster, weaker and with less range. 9%

D Air - Joe rockets downwards whilst surrounded by a pink aura. Knocks foes outwards and away but can cause Joe to SD (in the full version this move will spike instead, dragging the opponent down with Joe). 13%

Neutral B (Ground): Shocking Pink Bomb - Joe takes out his V marked bomb and begins to kick it. The longer you hold the button for, the longer he will kick the bomb for and the further it will be kicked. It will also do more damage when held for longer. Be careful though, as if it's held for too long the bomb will explode and Joe will take recoil damage. 14%, 19%, 25%, 8% (recoil)

Neutral B (Air): Red Hot Kick - Joe does his signature dive kick in a burst of cherry blossom. If the attack connects with an enemy it will induce some hitlag then bounce off. 9%

Side B: Voomerang - Joe throws his signature V shaped boomerang at the foe. It travels pretty fast and a good distance and the projectile is quite large, but it isn't spammable as it has a bit of end delay. 6%

Up B: Groovy Upper - Joe does a swirling pink uppercut. This works a bit like Pikachu's Up B in the sense that it can be followed up with another attack by pressing B again. It can also be tilted somewhat left or right depending on which way you press. 14% (7% per hit)

Down B (Ground): Viewtiful God Hand - Joe pokes both his hands out with slow energy. This move is really slow, does low damage, has poor range and a lot of end lag. However, if you do manage to connect a hit, then time slows down for all opponents for a bit, allowing Joe to deal the pain! 5%

Down B (Air): Air Joe - Joe does a series of punches and kicks. Keep mashing the button to keep the combo going and going. Great for gimping some recoveries *cough*Pit*cough*. 2% each hit

Final Smash: VFX Assault - Joe strikes his Mach Speed pose then rushes forward with a punch. It's difficult to land the punch. If you throw it too close, he'll just wizz past the opponent. Throw it too far and you won't reach the foe. However, get it just right and the punch connects, initiating a powerful series of punches and kicks on the foe. He then uppercuts the foe into the air and strikes his signature Viewtiful Forever pose, sending the foe flying from overexposure to pure VIEWTIFUL. 70%

Also, be sure to check out BeyondYou's new revamped vertex of Viewtiful Joe!

Download for Vertex:http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18066

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Nice work! Good to see your smashboards profile isn't completely abandoned. If I could actually get a hold of a stupid Wii Disc Lens Cleaner I might be able to use it but I guess that'll have to wait. (grumbles about Wii's crappy disc drive)

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
You could use Dolphin Emulator. I wouldn't recommend it because it sucks (there are CONSTANTLY errors with it. In fact for me Dolphin crashed so much that it caused my display driver to go a bit fuzzy so my screen's gone a bit odd). Not to mention it's just generally laggy, there are constantly audio and graphical glitches and all in all it's just kinda lame.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Hey, this looks awesome! i'll be downloading this right when it's done! and i like the down b idea, that way you actually have to work to slow down time.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Just a heads up to say that I've released the "full" version of Joe. He's really about 99.5% complete. I just have a few small things to do as regards to the PSA. There will also be a sound pack and retextures to go with this as well.

I hope you enjoy, and the absolute finished release is on April 18th

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Wow, just tested this, and it's really good. Although, there was a really weird moment where i used Viewtiful God Hand on wolf, and wolf just freaked out. first time, he went completely off the screen and died. the second, he just floated in the air about his height off the stage, like he was falling. he moved left and right, and then broke out of it. also, your cloud's side special rockets him all the way to the other side of the screen, or off it. and the down b in air is a little tough to use properly. The rest is nice, very clean. This'll be staying on my wii for a long time.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm haunting your thread. Ooooo. D:

/spam

Anyways, I need to try this out. >:3

carlpie

Smash Cadet
This is great! Next to Dark Samus, Viewtiful Joe was one of the characters I wanted the most in Brawl.

I'm loving the moveset and everything- my only issue is that the sounds aren't working [Mewtwo's are, I suspect a problem with either the Hex packet, the SAWNDZ program, or human error on my part] and Viewtiful Falcon is red Capp'n Falcon's model (is this supposed to happen?). I'm going to keep screwing around with the BRSAR and see if I can get the hex packet to work, but other than that I'm loving this :)

EDIT: I just tried manually hexing the sound as well as using the clean smashbros_sound.brsar, neither worked. Has anyone had any success getting his sound effects to work? Has anyone got a BRSAR that has Joe functioning in it- better yet one with Mewtwo? I'd love to have this working

Top Bottom