• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridi immortalized as a mii costume! Great job everyone!

I don't see how, because technically, the most popular out of the two characters that starred in that game is Mario, so it's pretty normal the game would be considered part of his universe (and since DK's in it, the DK series is actually part of the Mario universe).
Also, one of Snake's codec calls described the first DK game (which is also the first Mario game) like this:
(Snake is in front of DK) Colonel: "The DK that Mario fought was this guy's grandfather"
(Thus meaning that they do coexist in the same universe, and to an extend that the DK series is a sub-series of the Mario series)
just because they are in the same universe doesnt make it a sub-series of another. Banjo kazooie and conker exist in Mario's DK's world but they arent sub-series of DK.

Donkey Kong Country is it's own separate series. That is a fact.

. . .but this isnt on topic of Viridi or anything smash related. While I love all the free bumps I think it would be better to take this to the official character thread
http://smashboards.com/threads/character-discussion-thread.347464/

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Getting alerts despite never posting here andI don't remember pressing the "Watch thread" button. Merasmus!

Yeah might as well add me to the support list.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't see how, because technically, the most popular out of the two characters that starred in that game is Mario, so it's pretty normal the game would be considered part of his universe (and since DK's in it, the DK series is actually part of the Mario universe).
Also, one of Snake's codec calls described the first DK game (which is also the first Mario game) like this:
(Snake is in front of DK) Colonel: "The DK that Mario fought was this guy's grandfather"
(Thus meaning that they do coexist in the same universe, and to an extend that the DK series is a sub-series of the Mario series)
Hoo boy. I'm gonna have to go through this sequentially.

1. First of all, popularity has absolutely nothing to do with it. Absolutely nothing. If popularity was an indication of which canon is the original, then everything in Smash would be a part of the F-Zero universe because Captain Falcon is a popular character. Whether Donkey Kong (the game) is a part of this universe or that universe is fundamentally redundant - it doesn't matter which series it belongs to, as it existed before either of those series did. It's a predecessor. A point of origin. The two originated in the same game, and thereafter diverged into their own distinct series, it does not belong to either canon.

2. Even if it did adhere to one series over the other, Smash - the game that we're discussing Donkey Kong characters in the context of - considers the game to be a Donkey Kong game. Ergo, carrying on with your own logic, Mario is a Donkey Kong character in Smash.

3. There is such a thing as a cameo. Chain Chomp appearing in Link's Awakening does not make that game a part of the Super Mario canon; Samus's gunship appearing in Tropical Freeze does not make that game a part of the Metroid canon.

4. Even if they do share the same universe, what difference does it make? That does not mean that Donkey Kong is a spinoff of the Super Mario series, irrespective of how elements of the two series may overlap. Cranky Kong may well have appeared in the Mushroom Kingdom, just as Mario may well have stumbled into DK Island. The issue is really a non-issue because, as confirmed by Miyamoto himself, there is no gospel canon for the Super Mario universe: things change as they need to, it's all a fairy tale or a stage show of sorts. Donkey Kong, on the other hand, has a relatively coherent sense of world-building to it and - that we are aware of - there is nothing to state that the two series are in any way meaningfully intertwined, save a couple of cameos from Mario in the games and DK (and the occasional other Donkey Kong character) appearing in spinoffs. For all we know, there could be two totally distinct DKs inhabiting two different worlds. Appearing in one universe does not validate the theory that one series is necessarily the original and the other the offshoot.

Now can we please drop the subject and get back to the actual crux of the topic? This thread has derailed itself too far and we really ought to get back to Viridi.

All this reference of universes is reminding me of "This game universe and [the metroid] game universe have NOTHING to do with each other!"

Im trying to keep things on topic with a viridi quote.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Well if we want to get on topic then sure. Heres my Viridi moveset.
General: Viridi is well rounded but leans a bit more towards fast. She has above average movement speed and her general attacks have above average range due to the scythe. She is also lighter than average. She can build lots of damage over time thanks to the flower status effect being an important aspect of her playstyle. Speaking of the flower effect...

Flower status effect: The flower status effect is an effect where a flower appears on a players head and does damage over time. The bigger the flower, the more damage that is dealt, how long it stays on, and how hard it is to remove. You can remove this effect by quickly running back and forth. Im going to classify the size of the flower into levels with level 1 being the smallest and level 5 being the biggest. The flower level can be raised by hitting the opponent with an attack that may inflicts the flower effect. Even if that attack merely has the potential to inflict the status effect even if it didn't, it will still raise the flower effect of the current raised flower. If the attack you hit them with is multi hitting, the entire move will count as one level raised rather than each individual attack. Some attacks that have the potential to cause a flower effect that fail to do so, can make it easier for the next flower effect attack. However, you have a 3 second time limit before it becomes just as difficult to get that flower effect on as normal.

Smash attacks: Smash attacks can trigger the effect as well. 0%-9% charge will not cause it unless it hits twice. 10-30% will inflict a level 1 flower. A 30%-50% will inflict a level 2 flower. A 50%-74% will inflict a level 3. A 75%-97% will inflict a level 4. A 98%-100% will inflict a level 5.

Grabs: 5 grab hits will cause a level 2 flower. Her down grab where she puts her opponent on the floor and grabs them with thorns, will cause no knock back and cause a level 1 flower.

Neutral special: Thorn Drill.

Viridi will fire a drill shaped with two vines and pink flower pedals emitting from the back of the drill. It is a multi hitting attack that travels slowly over a distance thats about the edge of battlefield until the furthest edge of the nearest platform. It can easily carry an opponent with it. If it hits an opponent right as its being fired, you'll get a guaranteed level 2 flower. If the attack hits at least 6 times in atleast 3 seconds, then you will get a level 2 flower.

Side special: Flower cutter

Viridi lunges forward with her scythe spinning twice. The scythe glows pink. If the scythe hits three times, a level 2 flower will be activated. Of course, if you hit your opponent with some flower attack prior atleast 3 seconds prior, then you may just need 1 or two hits to activate the power. The attack can hit a total of 2 times in one attack.

Down special: Flower Bed

Viridi sticks her hand out and it causes a bed of pink flowers to cover the ground in front of her. The flower bed is about 80% of the size of a platform on battlefield. This flower bed can only hit grounded opponents. Touching the flower bed will instantly give you a level one flower. it takes a total of 2.5 seconds to reach a level 5 flower. The flower bed stays for a little over 3 seconds and is instantly removed if Viridi decides to place another flower bed. If they already have a flower inflicted it will instantly increase their flower level however, like all of the flower related attacks, reset the flower time so it can stay on longer.

Up Special: Blossom Burst

Basically a rocket jump clone but with a smaller blast radius and faster. Viridi causes an explosion of pink flower pedals under her shooting her upwards with a trail of flower pedals as she goes up that decrease the higher she gets. If she is in about the same range as rest (but not as close) then she can activate a level 4 flower instantly. if they are touching her outer edges then they will get a level two flower.

Final smash: Reset bomb

This attack is similar to Ice climbers final smash. The size of the reset bomb depends on the stage size just like the ice attack. It will come down and be glowing until it hits the ground, pauses for a brief moment, and has a massive explosion. The reset bomb will stay there for a while until it breaks apart. coming in contact with it will give you a level 5 flower. If you get caught in the explosion, you will take 50% damage.

Palutena: Viridi, what does it say about Pit's flower level?
Viridi: IT'S OVER 9*shot

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
just because they are in the same universe doesnt make it a sub-series of another. Banjo kazooie and conker exist in Mario's DK's world but they arent sub-series of DK.

Donkey Kong Country is it's own separate series. That is a fact.

. . .but this isnt on topic of Viridi or anything smash related. While I love all the free bumps I think it would be better to take this to the official character thread
http://smashboards.com/threads/character-discussion-thread.347464/
... *facepalm* Guys, seriously. Unlike Banjo-Kazooie and Conker, DK is owned by Nintendo, appeared in the very first Mario spin-offs, and has his first game considered Mario's debut (even though Smash 4 refers to it as a DK game... the fact that neither Brawl nor Melee had any trophy of this game, despite Brawl and by extend 4 having a stage of it, and Brawl having a codec call about it, indicates that it wasn't even considered knew enough to talk about it, meaning that this game didn't have that much importance... and if it didn't, then the only reason behind people's support for K Rool is said people playing DKC 64 on their Wii U after downloading it from the eShop, which means they didn't do any research on the series' history before-hand... Therefore, lack of importance)
However, I agree, this is off-topic.

Hoo boy. I'm gonna have to go through this sequentially.

1. First of all, popularity has absolutely nothing to do with it. Absolutely nothing. If popularity was an indication of which canon is the original, then everything in Smash would be a part of the F-Zero universe because Captain Falcon is a popular character. Whether Donkey Kong (the game) is a part of this universe or that universe is fundamentally redundant - it doesn't matter which series it belongs to, as it existed before either of those series did. It's a predecessor. A point of origin. The two originated in the same game, and thereafter diverged into their own distinct series, it does not belong to either canon.

2. Even if it did adhere to one series over the other, Smash - the game that we're discussing Donkey Kong characters in the context of - considers the game to be a Donkey Kong game. Ergo, carrying on with your own logic, Mario is a Donkey Kong character in Smash.

3. There is such a thing as a cameo. Chain Chomp appearing in Link's Awakening does not make that game a part of the Super Mario canon; Samus's gunship appearing in Tropical Freeze does not make that game a part of the Metroid canon.

4. Even if they do share the same universe, what difference does it make? That does not mean that Donkey Kong is a spinoff of the Super Mario series, irrespective of how elements of the two series may overlap. Cranky Kong may well have appeared in the Mushroom Kingdom, just as Mario may well have stumbled into DK Island. The issue is really a non-issue because, as confirmed by Miyamoto himself, there is no gospel canon for the Super Mario universe: things change as they need to, it's all a fairy tale or a stage show of sorts. Donkey Kong, on the other hand, has a relatively coherent sense of world-building to it and - that we are aware of - there is nothing to state that the two series are in any way meaningfully intertwined, save a couple of cameos from Mario in the games and DK (and the occasional other Donkey Kong character) appearing in spinoffs. For all we know, there could be two totally distinct DKs inhabiting two different worlds. Appearing in one universe does not validate the theory that one series is necessarily the original and the other the offshoot.

Now can we please drop the subject and get back to the actual crux of the topic? This thread has derailed itself too far and we really ought to get back to Viridi.
1. Mario is the big N's mascot, so I doubt popularity lacks importance as an argument here.
2. Ergo, the game is also Mario's debut, therefore it has been mentioned as one of his games in his anniversary collections.
3. A PROTAGONIST FIRST APPEARING IN ANOTHER PROTAGONIST'S DEBUT BUT AS AN ANTAGONIST MAKES HIM RELEVANT TO THAT UNIVERSE, THEREFORE PART OF SAID UNIVERSE! (Items and enemies does not count, they can have very logical reasons behind their appearances in said games)
4. Five words for you: Snake's Codec Calls in Brawl: "The DK that Mario fought was this guy's grandfather" ("this guy" meaning the DK that appears in the Smash Bros games). Also, believe me, I'm a HUGE fan of the "alternate dimension" theory, but I'm pretty sure it can't be applied here.

However this is off-topic, so let's move on to the subject: I've posted two photos of the Princess Daisy trophy and one of the Squirtle and Ivysaur ones on Miiverse, and I was considering doing the same for Viridi as soon as I get her trophy in the Wii U version.

Last edited:
... *facepalm* Guys, seriously. Unlike Banjo-Kazooie and Conker, DK is owned by Nintendo, appeared in the very first Mario spin-offs, and has his first game considered Mario's debut (even though Smash 4 refers to it as a DK game... the fact that neither Brawl nor Melee had any trophy of this game, despite Brawl and by extend 4 having a stage of it, and Brawl having a codec call about it, indicates that it wasn't even considered knew enough to talk about it, meaning that this game didn't have that much importance... and if it didn't, then the only reason behind people's support for K Rool is said people playing DKC 64 on their Wii U after downloading it from the eShop, which means they didn't do any research on the series' history before-hand... Therefore, lack of importance)
However, I agree, this is off-topic.

1. Mario is the big N's mascot, so I doubt popularity lacks importance as an argument here.
2. Ergo, the game is also Mario's debut, therefore it has been mentioned as one of his games in his anniversary collections.
3. A PROTAGONIST FIRST APPEARING IN ANOTHER PROTAGONIST'S DEBUT BUT AS AN ANTAGONIST MAKES HIM RELEVANT TO THAT UNIVERSE, THEREFORE PART OF SAID UNIVERSE! (Items and enemies does not count, they can have very logical reasons behind their appearances in said games)
4. Five words for you: Snake's Codec Calls in Brawl: "The DK that Mario fought was this guy's grandfather" ("this guy" meaning the DK that appears in the Smash Bros games). Also, believe me, I'm a HUGE fan of the "alternate dimension" theory, but I'm pretty sure it can't be applied here.

However this is off-topic, so let's move on to the subject: I've posted two photos of the Princess Daisy trophy and one of the Squirtle and Ivysaur ones on Miiverse, and I was considering doing the same for Viridi as soon as I get her trophy in the Wii U version.
Yeah good luck with getting that trophy. Its 3ds only. No wii u trophy :p

General: Viridi is well rounded but leans a bit more towards fast. She has above average movement speed and her general attacks have above average range due to the scythe. She is also lighter than average. She can build lots of damage over time thanks to the flower status effect being an important aspect of her playstyle. Speaking of the flower effect...

Flower status effect: The flower status effect is an effect where a flower appears on a players head and does damage over time. The bigger the flower, the more damage that is dealt, how long it stays on, and how hard it is to remove. You can remove this effect by quickly running back and forth. Im going to classify the size of the flower into levels with level 1 being the smallest and level 5 being the biggest. The flower level can be raised by hitting the opponent with an attack that may inflicts the flower effect. Even if that attack merely has the potential to inflict the status effect even if it didn't, it will still raise the flower effect of the current raised flower. If the attack you hit them with is multi hitting, the entire move will count as one level raised rather than each individual attack. Some attacks that have the potential to cause a flower effect that fail to do so, can make it easier for the next flower effect attack. However, you have a 3 second time limit before it becomes just as difficult to get that flower effect on as normal.

Smash attacks: Smash attacks can trigger the effect as well. 0%-9% charge will not cause it unless it hits twice. 10-30% will inflict a level 1 flower. A 30%-50% will inflict a level 2 flower. A 50%-74% will inflict a level 3. A 75%-97% will inflict a level 4. A 98%-100% will inflict a level 5.

Grabs: 5 grab hits will cause a level 2 flower. Her down grab where she puts her opponent on the floor and grabs them with thorns, will cause no knock back and cause a level 1 flower.

Viridi will fire a drill shaped with two vines and pink flower pedals emitting from the back of the drill. It is a multi hitting attack that travels slowly over a distance thats about the edge of battlefield until the furthest edge of the nearest platform. It can easily carry an opponent with it. If it hits an opponent right as its being fired, you'll get a guaranteed level 2 flower. If the attack hits at least 6 times in atleast 3 seconds, then you will get a level 2 flower.

Viridi lunges forward with her scythe spinning twice. The scythe glows pink. If the scythe hits three times, a level 2 flower will be activated. Of course, if you hit your opponent with some flower attack prior atleast 3 seconds prior, then you may just need 1 or two hits to activate the power. The attack can hit a total of 2 times in one attack.

Viridi sticks her hand out and it causes a bed of pink flowers to cover the ground in front of her. The flower bed is about 80% of the size of a platform on battlefield. This flower bed can only hit grounded opponents. Touching the flower bed will instantly give you a level one flower. it takes a total of 2.5 seconds to reach a level 5 flower. The flower bed stays for a little over 3 seconds and is instantly removed if Viridi decides to place another flower bed. If they already have a flower inflicted it will instantly increase their flower level however, like all of the flower related attacks, reset the flower time so it can stay on longer.

Basically a rocket jump clone but with a smaller blast radius and faster. Viridi causes an explosion of pink flower pedals under her shooting her upwards with a trail of flower pedals as she goes up that decrease the higher she gets. If she is in about the same range as rest (but not as close) then she can activate a level 4 flower instantly. if they are touching her outer edges then they will get a level two flower.

This attack is similar to Ice climbers final smash. The size of the reset bomb depends on the stage size just like the ice attack. It will come down and be glowing until it hits the ground, pauses for a brief moment, and has a massive explosion. The reset bomb will stay there for a while until it breaks apart. coming in contact with it will give you a level 5 flower. If you get caught in the explosion, you will take 50% damage.

I really need to make my own moveset. . .

But in the meantime can i put this in the OP?

EDIT by the way viridi gets her time for the RTC soon. Probably starts in an hour and will be all of tomorrow.

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...ition-day-56-concept-7-dlc-characters.398604/

Help make her want score not piss-poor because muh reps. Just dont let bias affect the chance score

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66

Duckus6

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1606-9357

I really like this moveset. It's a fairly unique moveset with the only similarity being that of damage over time like Olimar's but even then this is almost completely different to that. I think even if Viridi doesn't get in, having a style of play that's unique, like this one, for the new character(s) would be amazing and prevent the game from getting to stagnant (in the proscene at least)

NNID
Majorasmask66
I really like this moveset. It's a fairly unique moveset with the only similarity being that of damage over time like Olimar's but even then this is almost completely different to that. I think even if Viridi doesn't get in, having a style of play that's unique, like this one, for the new character(s) would be amazing and prevent the game from getting to stagnant (in the proscene at least)
Well thank you!

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Yeah good luck with getting that trophy. Its 3ds only. No wii u trophy :p
... Well, damn. I guess I'll have to wait for Wii U hacks... (Besides, I prefer playing Brawl and Melee, so it can wait)

By the way, I heard there was a fake Viridi leak. Can I have the link?
unless there is another new leak (I doubt it) it was a leak claiming to have ballot results for Japan and the US. it claimed Viridi was #10 for Japan which is, obviously, fake.
Smash Poll Early Results:

Japan:

1st: Inkling Girl/Boy
2nd: Krystal
3rd: Wolf
4th: Isaac
5th: Keita Amano
6th: Masked Man
7th: Ice Climbers
8th: Ivysaur
9th: Wonder-Red
10th: Viridi :colorful:
11th: Snake
12th: King K. Rool
13th: Midna
14th: Ryu
15th: Amaterasu
16th: Squirtle
17th: Impa
18th: Toon Zelda
19th: Pichu
20th: Bayonetta

Americas:

1st: King K. Rool
2nd: Snake
3rd: Wolf
4th: Paper Mario
5th: Ridley (what the hell, are you serious)
6th: Isaac
7th: Tails
8th: Shadow
9th: Young Link
10th: Shovel Knight
11th: Pichu
12th: Ghirahim
13th: Chrom
14th: Krystal
15th: Quote
16th: Simon Belmont
17th: Ryu
18th: Shantae
19th: Chorus Men
20th: Phoenix Wright

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987

Japan:

1st: Inkling Girl/Boy (are you serious? The very few Wii U references we've seen are stages and OSTs, but no characters, meaning that, if all goes the same way than Brawl or Melee, they will possibly be added in the next Smash game)
2nd: Krystal :colorful: (OH YEAH!)
3rd: Wolf (returning veterans? Nice.)
4th: Isaac (... He should have gotten the Little Mac treatment, which is "getting into the base game as playable after being an AT in the previous game", to begin with, so he's quite unlikely as a DLC)
5th: Keita Amano (... Who is this I don't even...)
6th: Masked Man (Another Mother rep? ... If anything, Mother should be getting a stage with Porky as a stage boss on it)
7th: Ice Climbers (3DS problems, so no)
8th: Ivysaur (returning veterans? Nice... again. But I'm surprised he got over Squirtle)
9th: Wonder-Red (See "Inkling Girl/Boy" for counterargument)
10th: Viridi :colorful: (WOULD BE JUST PLAIN PERFECT FOR ME!)
11th: Snake :colorful: (I WANT HIM BACK! HE WAS MY BRAWL MAIN! ... But I know he's not that likely either way)

12th: King K. Rool (are you friggin' kidding me?! ANOTHER DK REP?! ... Dear god, no)
13th: Midna (one-shot appearance, also already an AT so maybe in the next Smash, but not as DLC for this Smash)
14th: Ryu (If we get three reps per third-party company, we'll have Mega Man, Phoenix Wright and Ryu to represent Capcom)
15th: Amaterasu (possible, but that likely. Also, less important Capcom third-party than Ryu or Phoenix Wright)
16th: Squirtle :colorful: (I WANT HIM BACK WITH THE OTHER WATER STARTERS AS ALTS!)
17th: Impa (one-shot appearance, also not the highest priority for LoZ characters, since we've got all the representative figures of the series already: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik for playstyle reasons, and Toon Link for "clash of looks")
18th: Toon Zelda (higher priority than Impa, because she's an important character in the same style than Toon Link)
19th: Pichu (for the sake of "avoid alienating Melee fans", he's almost a shoo-in with Roy)
20th: Bayonetta (see both Wonder-Red and Inkling Girl/Boy for counterargument, also less kid-friendly than even Snake)

Americas:

1st: King K. Rool (They don't know when to give up, don't they?)
2nd: Snake (See "Japan" mention of him)
3rd: Wolf (I'm all for returning veterans)
4th: Paper Mario (I don't think someone who don't know the series would want to buy a third Mario, since there's already Mario and Dr Mario in the base game)
5th: Ridley (what the hell, are you serious.:facepalm: He's even less of a shoo-in than even Nabbit, because he got officialy and directly deconfirmed)
6th: Isaac (See "Japan" mention of him)
7th: Tails (Miles Tails Prower would be a nice addition, now that SEGA belongs to Nintendo. However, if Smash doesn't consider SEGA a new part of Nintendo, Tails would be impossible, even if we get three reps per third-party company)
8th: Shadow (even less of a shoo-in than Tails, but for the same reasons and also because he's an AT)
9th: Young Link (as much as I want all the veterans to be back, Young Link would be better off as a Toon Link alt, since they have similar stats and attacks)
10th: Shovel Knight (ARE YOU SERIOUS?!:facepalm:)
11th: Pichu (see "Japan" mention of him)
12th: Ghirahim (same than Impa)
13th: Chrom (part of a Final Smash, and irreplaceable because even the Palutena's Guidances mentions him as a part of said Final Smash)
14th: Krystal (see "Japan" mention of her)
15th: Quote (A PC character? Nope.)
16th: Simon Belmont (If we get another Konami rep, Snake is more likely to come back)
17th: Ryu (see "Japan" mention of him)
18th: Shantae (Like Bayonetta, she's mostly a character for perverts. Also, not the most kid-friendly character either)
19th: Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven didn't even get musical representation in Smash, and mostly doesn't have a planned sequel for now)
20th: Phoenix Wright (He and Ryu would be perfect to represent the two other eras of Capcom, which are "brand new" and "ever-lasting" respectively, since Mega Man has the "old-school" era covered)
My thoughts.

Duckus6

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1606-9357
I feel like the smash ballot should be reserved fro new characters that have not been in smash before and only new characters. That doesn't mean I don't want old characters (I've only played 4 and Brawl so I don't have huge feelings for them but I like the idea of being some back) it's just I feel they should be almost separate to the ballot. Whatever's happening we've got 2 days of wait before our hype is put down (or increased)!

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice

Japan:

1st: Inkling Girl/Boy (are you serious? The very few Wii U references we've seen are stages and OSTs, but no characters, meaning that, if all goes the same way than Brawl or Melee, they will possibly be added in the next Smash game)
2nd: Krystal :colorful: (OH YEAH!)
3rd: Wolf (returning veterans? Nice.)
4th: Isaac (... He should have gotten the Little Mac treatment, which is "getting into the base game as playable after being an AT in the previous game", to begin with, so he's quite unlikely as a DLC)
5th: Keita Amano (... Who is this I don't even...)
6th: Masked Man (Another Mother rep? ... If anything, Mother should be getting a stage with Porky as a stage boss on it)
7th: Ice Climbers (3DS problems, so no)
8th: Ivysaur (returning veterans? Nice... again. But I'm surprised he got over Squirtle)
9th: Wonder-Red (See "Inkling Girl/Boy" for counterargument)
10th: Viridi :colorful: (WOULD BE JUST PLAIN PERFECT FOR ME!)
11th: Snake :colorful: (I WANT HIM BACK! HE WAS MY BRAWL MAIN! ... But I know he's not that likely either way)

12th: King K. Rool (are you friggin' kidding me?! ANOTHER DK REP?! ... Dear god, no)
13th: Midna (one-shot appearance, also already an AT so maybe in the next Smash, but not as DLC for this Smash)
14th: Ryu (If we get three reps per third-party company, we'll have Mega Man, Phoenix Wright and Ryu to represent Capcom)
15th: Amaterasu (possible, but that likely. Also, less important Capcom third-party than Ryu or Phoenix Wright)
16th: Squirtle :colorful: (I WANT HIM BACK WITH THE OTHER WATER STARTERS AS ALTS!)
17th: Impa (one-shot appearance, also not the highest priority for LoZ characters, since we've got all the representative figures of the series already: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik for playstyle reasons, and Toon Link for "clash of looks")
18th: Toon Zelda (higher priority than Impa, because she's an important character in the same style than Toon Link)
19th: Pichu (for the sake of "avoid alienating Melee fans", he's almost a shoo-in with Roy)
20th: Bayonetta (see both Wonder-Red and Inkling Girl/Boy for counterargument, also less kid-friendly than even Snake)

Americas:

1st: King K. Rool (They don't know when to give up, don't they?)
2nd: Snake (See "Japan" mention of him)
3rd: Wolf (I'm all for returning veterans)
4th: Paper Mario (I don't think someone who don't know the series would want to buy a third Mario, since there's already Mario and Dr Mario in the base game)
5th: Ridley (what the hell, are you serious.:facepalm: He's even less of a shoo-in than even Nabbit, because he got officialy and directly deconfirmed)
6th: Isaac (See "Japan" mention of him)
7th: Tails (Miles Tails Prower would be a nice addition, now that SEGA belongs to Nintendo. However, if Smash doesn't consider SEGA a new part of Nintendo, Tails would be impossible, even if we get three reps per third-party company)
8th: Shadow (even less of a shoo-in than Tails, but for the same reasons and also because he's an AT)
9th: Young Link (as much as I want all the veterans to be back, Young Link would be better off as a Toon Link alt, since they have similar stats and attacks)
10th: Shovel Knight (ARE YOU SERIOUS?!:facepalm:)
11th: Pichu (see "Japan" mention of him)
12th: Ghirahim (same than Impa)
13th: Chrom (part of a Final Smash, and irreplaceable because even the Palutena's Guidances mentions him as a part of said Final Smash)
14th: Krystal (see "Japan" mention of her)
15th: Quote (A PC character? Nope.)
16th: Simon Belmont (If we get another Konami rep, Snake is more likely to come back)
17th: Ryu (see "Japan" mention of him)
18th: Shantae (Like Bayonetta, she's mostly a character for perverts. Also, not the most kid-friendly character either)
19th: Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven didn't even get musical representation in Smash, and mostly doesn't have a planned sequel for now)
20th: Phoenix Wright (He and Ryu would be perfect to represent the two other eras of Capcom, which are "brand new" and "ever-lasting" respectively, since Mega Man has the "old-school" era covered)
My thoughts.
Shantae isn't for pervs. People actually like her as a character.

ViridianViridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
UseFieryDance
3DS FC
2277-6687-2973
Figured I'd let in my moveset.

Neutral Special: Viridi Palm

Very similar to one of Charizard's and Bowser's customs, Fireball Cannon and Fire Shot respectively. However, not only does it do Magic/Grass damage, it also is more rapid in succession and does more damage. However, it gets weaker the more it's used in succession. Basically, a combination of Flamethrower/Fire Breath and Fireball Cannon/Fire Shot that does Magic/Grass damage and would probably be better-looking. If it hits at just the right angle (Just as Viridi fires it and when it's at its highest power level), it will cause the Flower ailment.

Side Special: Viridi Claws

Viridi dashes at the opponent and cuts twice with these claws. During the slashing, she is granted Super Armor. However, it's a tad bit slow.

Up Special: Sky Jump

This special has Viridi hop into the air. Not the highest recovery, but the angle is adjustable. Any opponents caught in the angle receive a bit of damage.

Down Special: Demon Vine

Viridi summons a growth of Demon Vines around her. When the vines spring up, they damage anyone caught in the radius. Holding down the button makes the vines stay a little longer. Protects Viridi from attacks, but they can eventually break.

Final Smash: Reset Bomb (type: Focused)

Viridi summons a Reset Bomb down onto the stage. When it hits the stage, a flash of white light happens, and then it reveals an overgrowth of vines has taken over the stage. Opponents take quite a bit of damage. Some opponents may be buried or even binded due to the vines. There will be vines that have thorns on them, and similar to the danger zones on the Great Cave Offensive stage, launch anyone whose damage is over 100% to the point where it's an almost guaranteed KO.. They will be fairly scarce.

ViridianViridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
UseFieryDance
3DS FC
2277-6687-2973
To the twelve people who voted "No" for Viridi, I will find where you all live

I decided to add on more details to my Viridi moveset, namely attributes.

Weight: Very light. Around, if not the same, weight as :4mewtwo:and/or:4gaw:
Height: Medium-Short. Around :4sonic:'s but shorter than :4pit:/:4darkpit:.
Speed: Very fast. Almost reaching :4fox:'s, if not then the same.
Jumps: High, somewhat floaty. In terms of jump height, it should be somewhat similar to :4falcon:'s. In terms of falling speed, similar to :rosalina:'s.
Overall speed of attacks: Medium-fast, for the most part, to go with her high speed. I mean, the scythe appears to be made of wood, not metal.
Overall launch power of attacks: Launches a bit farther than average.
Air game: Excellent. Her aerials are her fastest attacks of them all, and can combo easily in mid-air.
Ground game: Average. Her attacks are not as fast on the ground as they are in the air.

Jabs: Two kicks for the first two, then a cut with her scythe. No rapid jab.
F-Tilt: Basic cut with her scythe.
Dash attack: Takes out the Viridi Palm, and hits the opponent multiple times if it hits directly. If not, it hits once. Does magic damage.
U-Tilt: Does a small jump (not like the basic jumps, kinda like Mario's U-Tilt jump), does a quick kick, and cuts with her scythe upward. Fairly powerful.
D-Tilt: Does a little roundhouse kick.

Side Smash: Powerful cut with her scythe. Has a fairly wide range.
Up-Smash. Similar to the likes of :4myfriends:'s, with cutting with her scythe in an arc. However, in return for less damage, it is much faster.
Down-Smash: Does a headstand, and does some sort of spinning kick. When an opponent is caught, does quite a bit of damage. Her most powerful of them, but VERY laggy.

Neutral Aerial: Similar to :4marth:,:4lucina:, and:4feroy:'s, but has a wider range.
Forward Aerial: Does a quick cut with her scythe,. If the player presses :GCA: again, she does a second cut.
Back Aerial: Does a kick similar to :4jigglypuff:'s.
Up Aerial: Does an upward midair kick.
Down Aerial: Cuts downward with her scythe. Similar to :4palutena:'s, it always has a meteor effect, but when it hits at the beginning of the move, the meteor effect is strongest.

Grabs: Her grab doesn't have any abnormalities in its range.
Forward throw: Kicks the opponent, then cuts with her scythe.
Back throw: Kicks the opponent back.
Up throw: Her most powerful throw, it can kill at high percents. Similar to the likes of :4kirby:,:4metaknight:, and :4charizard:'s, but does cutting damage at the end.
Down throw: Steps on the opponent forcefully. Good for starting combos.
That's all I have for now.​

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
I'm bringing this thread back to life! Any way, I keep hearing people say that Viridi cant be dlc because she is already a stage hazard on the Reset Bomb Fortress. First off, her presence isnt a requirement for a reset bomb to go off. She can be anywhere and cause one to fall. Two, that was an astral image of her and not her physical form. So yea.

Duckus6

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1606-9357
I'm bringing this thread back to life! Any way, I keep hearing people say that Viridi cant be dlc because she is already a stage hazard on the Reset Bomb Fortress. First off, her presence isnt a requirement for a reset bomb to go off. She can be anywhere and cause one to fall. Two, that was an astral image of her and not her physical form. So yea.
Don't forget as well that for the Duck Hunt stage on the WiiU version there's both the Duck Hunt dog and the ducks there even when they're being played. All be it only like 8 bit versions of themselves but still

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know, even though she's a stage hazard in this game, I expect her to enter the series at one point. I support.

Don't really give a **** about anything else right now but PushDustin just posted his japanese poll results
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/

Check out #24

Apparently Viridi has a bit of a fanbase in japan.

Hell it's far higher than Daisy and even higher than Sora and waluigi. I know it's a fan poll and thus horribly inaccurate. I understand that. It's fine. But i am so happy to see we aren't the only ones.

I just hope this translates to something crazy happening for smash 5 based on her having no chance in 4.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Nobody posted the big reveal?

I think this is pretty good.
I have to say that I'm more happy than I am sad. The Mii used looks just like her, and they're acknowledging her importance.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Nobody posted the big reveal?

I think this is pretty good.
If this isn't proof that she's the third wheel of Kid Icarus Uprising, then I don't what is. These Mii Fighter costumes are getting interesting within every patch and I like this one in particular.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I lost a bet. ._.
I know that feel, just have a few more days and I can final lose that Derpy Knuckles avatar I've been stuck with for three months on Google+.

But anyways, back to Viridi. I had that gut feeling that she would be a Mii Fighter outfit sooner or later knowing how much Sakurai loved her. But at least that scythe is going to be put into some good use instead of summoning den Reset Bombs.

Last edited:

YEET
Viridi has been immortalized as a mii fighter. So many characters can never say that. People out there will see this and think she is cool and maybe his will mean more support for smash 5 (just like assist trophies go more support for this game)

Even better, the only mii class I dont hate got the costume. Now it is a matter of choosing between Chrom and Viridi every game :p

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Congrats to everyone. While not exactly what we hoped for, we got a nice looking Mii costume instead. Maybe next Smash, if KI continues, we can see Viridi playable as her own character. :grin:

Top Bottom