• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City #6 RESULTS

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Why is neo so awesome

I understand being mad about planking n' all, as it's pretty gay, but Snake tends to deal with it pretty well

I feel like if IC's can infinite throw me 0 to death without any chance of my escape, then I should be able to fly away for 8 minutes

If IC's are limited on grabs, however, I think some extreme limits should be put on planking. I don't really think it should go in favor of MK's planking or IC's infinite

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
what's so hard about ics? i mean come on, all you have to do is ****ing seperate popo's biddie so he can't infinite the **** outta you.

without popo's biddie, u just gotta ***** slap popo outta the stage and it's a stock.

gfg.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
what's so hard about ics? i mean come on, all you have to do is ****ing seperate popo's biddie so he can't infinite the **** outta you.

without popo's biddie, u just gotta ***** slap popo outta the stage and it's a stock.

gfg.
at a high leval of play it is easier then said. ALSO KELVIN WE NEED TO PLAY B4 KOSHA BOY. BCUZ I WANNA GET LIKE 3RD PLACE

also dew yew guyz think itz poippibble tew have a ter knee when they have dat teacherz cunvention. NOVEMBER 5 -8 we have no skewl.

DEW YEEW DEW THA DEW??????????????

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

gfg.
LMFOAHVGRY890E

i know i said i was done, but i had to post because of a. how simple hippe made the MU seem and b. referring to nana as "popos biddie"

just destroyed me tbh

∫unk

Smash Master
Ally, I love you (no homo)

The only person with the balls in this community to actually say **** to NEO lol.

Seriously, you see **** talk everywhere on these boards but no one ever says **** to NEO, good **** Ally :D
Dumb fanboy I say **** to Neo all the time and I'm sure others do too

just cause it's done on aim or irl where you can't lurk doesn't mean it doesn't happen

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
at a high leval of play it is easier then said. ALSO KELVIN WE NEED TO PLAY B4 KOSHA BOY. BCUZ I WANNA GET LIKE 3RD PLACE

also dew yew guyz think itz poippibble tew have a ter knee when they have dat teacherz cunvention. NOVEMBER 5 -8 we have no skewl.

i guess i can't do internet sarcasm

:(

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
i didn't tell M2k to play melee, I was expressing my lack of understanding as to why he hasn't stopped playing brawl yet. learn to read you dumb ****.
Meh...just ignore 'em. The lot of players put too much emphasis on someone's reputation as a player in order to pay attention to what they say, no matter how many good points they bring up or how much they make sense.

It's just like how I've been reiterating the same point in this thread over and over and over again but no one paid attention to it. Then NEO comes along and repeats what I've been saying, and people suddenly start to notice those same points, **** ride, say NEO is too good, the typical fanboyish stuff. It really is kind of annoying. Like...do I have to place well or something in order to be heard and understood? If I do then that's just ********.

Still <3 NEO though, nothing against him.

4nace

Smash Ace
@ TO

Sorry I wrote so negatively about your tourney, since I guess it really comes down to that my friends and I are still not use to the smash scene and don't really have to ability to step in front of people after they do a bunch of friendlies in a row. Still, I do believe that as a novice smasher I had much more fun at all the other torunaments I went to, but this could just be because there weren't as many setups as usual.

@ EC Smashers
Sorry about shoving you all into the same group. Like I said, I'm sure there were lots of you that are very cool dudes and are willing to help teach and just have a good time at tournaments. Maybe after playing a set of friendlies, just ask the face that you don't recognize if they wanted to get in.

Also, I'm pretty sure I got the flu from the tournament haha so I've been out of commission for days. Lots of sick smashers there! =P

- 4nace

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
something i've been wondering...
Why do you guys play a gay game and then complain about it being gay?

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Meh...just ignore 'em. The lot of players put too much emphasis on someone's reputation as a player in order to pay attention to what they say, no matter how many good points they bring up or how much they make sense.

It's just like how I've been reiterating the same point in this thread over and over and over again but no one paid attention to it. Then NEO comes along and repeats what I've been saying, and people suddenly start to notice those same points, **** ride, say NEO is too good, the typical fanboyish stuff. It really is kind of annoying. Like...do I have to place well or something in order to be heard and understood? If I do then that's just ********.

Still <3 NEO though, nothing against him.
It's not what you say, it's the way you say it

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
caps

ALEX LOOK AT ALL MY ****ING POSTS IN THIS THREAD AND FIX THE OP PLEASE
lol, I feel sorry for you dude.
PD said:
It's not what you say, it's the way you say it
Pretty much.

I'm far from an buthole as anyone can tell you Strong Bad. You on the other hand....learn to post without trying to degrade people. Personally I think it looks stupid, regardless if what they said was wrong or right.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

I really couldn't read that that well, but anyways...

I would love to be able to play at some sort of event over that break. Soccer season is over and I've been hoping to get a lot more Brawl time in and maybe get better.

Random Shout Outs that are being made really late:

Silent Beast - You're just as quiet in person. =P Yoshi team ftw.
Scott - Both you and SB are really cool. It was a really fun day thanks to you two. XD
iKon - Teach me the MK matchup. =,[
Gunblade - MK is too gay. >_<''
4nace - Yoshi is too gay to Sonic.
Ninjalink - Rob is too gay to Yoshi. I got ***** so hard. >_<''

Best tourny ever. Apart from the toilet that wouldn't flush. That was nastyyyyyyyy. >_>''

Combo Breaker in srs bznz posts.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
@ TO

Sorry I wrote so negatively about your tourney, since I guess it really comes down to that my friends and I are still not use to the smash scene and don't really have to ability to step in front of people after they do a bunch of friendlies in a row. Still, I do believe that as a novice smasher I had much more fun at all the other torunaments I went to, but this could just be because there weren't as many setups as usual.

@ EC Smashers
Sorry about shoving you all into the same group. Like I said, I'm sure there were lots of you that are very cool dudes and are willing to help teach and just have a good time at tournaments. Maybe after playing a set of friendlies, just ask the face that you don't recognize if they wanted to get in.

Also, I'm pretty sure I got the flu from the tournament haha so I've been out of commission for days. Lots of sick smashers there! =P

- 4nace
I have the most setups I just use them ALL for tournaments because I do not believe in wasting time. You/everyone pay for a tournament not friendlies. From 10am - 1pm there were friendlies as I waited for the players to get in due to traffic and such. To me that is all you need.

If you want continue this on aim and I will explain in detail.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
If you mean being straight up about it, I was and so was he. The only difference was what he always does: censor dodging. :laugh:
just the way he brought the argument to the table.

Also, yes it does matter who you are. Neo is the best player of his character, why would i listen to you over him when he's talking about a game he's so talented at? I agree with your pov, btw, im just stating a fact. Also not saying I always agree with pros, but I'm more inclined to listen to their argument than someone I've never heard of. Such is the grief of the poor man or, in this case, unknown player.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Reminds me of the time I argued against PC Chris in the OC3 results thread back in the Melee days.

Oh the horror!!

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
So Alex, I would assume that nobody has that video of me vs Inui huh? Nobody claimed that it was on their Wii. (If it was you King Yoshi I am really sorry about what happened =/ people are ****ing dirtbags for stealing your stuff)

=/

I really wanted to sig that 0-death round 1. <333 Inui I know you have 0 idea how to play that matchup, I could tell as we were playing ;p

4nace

Smash Ace
I have the most setups I just use them ALL for tournaments because I do not believe in wasting time.
I'm not really sure what that means? Weren't there 11 setups for 90 people? Seems a little tight to me especially considering the size of the venue.

You/everyone pay for a tournament not friendlies. From 10am - 1pm there were friendlies as I waited for the players to get in due to traffic and such. To me that is all you need.
Yea, I did pay to be in the tournament, but the ability to have friendlies is pretty important to players that lose in the first or second round. And i was there from 11:15 - 6:30 and I played in 2 doubles matches, 1 singles match and 3 friendlies matches (1 of which was with the kids i went with haha)

I mean, the fact that we didn't play many friendlies is not the TO's fault at all really, but the crammed venue, and low amount of tvs made the down time alot less enjoyable.

@ EC Smashers
I went up to two different tvs before doubles bracket started and asked if anyone had next, and was greeted with, "if you want to money match then you can." Only to have the same 4 people continue playing. That's not cool, everyone wants to get some practice in.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm not really sure what that means? Weren't there 11 setups for 90 people? Seems a little tight to me especially considering the size of the venue.

Yea, I did pay to be in the tournament, but the ability to have friendlies is pretty important to players that lose in the first or second round. And i was there from 11:15 - 6:30 and I played in 2 doubles matches, 1 singles match and 3 friendlies matches (1 of which was with the kids i went with haha)

I mean, the fact that we didn't play many friendlies is not the TO's fault at all really, but the crammed venue, and low amount of tvs made the down time alot less enjoyable.
A lot more people should have brought at least their Wiis. There were like, 4 TVs not being used due to no Wiis being there. It was a shame, because friendlies are just too good. =[

@ EC Smashers
I went up to two different tvs before doubles bracket started and asked if anyone had next, and was greeted with, "if you want to money match then you can." Only to have the same 4 people continue playing. That's not cool, everyone wants to get some practice in.
I can't say I know about that, but you should find a new group and ask them then. The group I was playing with were cool with everything and were trading off each match. Some people can be selfish, I guess. =[

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
we had about 12 setups for 90 people thats good. I cannot control who brings setups but we do average around 12-15 setups per event. I know you are not attempting to suggest that you know more but learn that COT4 was a major and this is a regional event it will be a big differences. Other events in the tristate area average 8-10 ( i know I am at most events and its my job usually to keep track of these things ) Also if you have issues with getting matches in always come to me I have no problem kicking people off the matches.

This is more of an example of being afraid then anything at all. Ya it was a little cramped but it was not like you could of walked away into the more spacious area. Remember it is always the choice of the person to do things. My tournaments END on time if not early and I do not see any indication of what you said about things starting late. Again if you want to say that it is your opinion but judging by...everyone else...everything went fine.

This is why people are encouraged to talk with me cause I make sure people get a full experience. No one , sadly, is really responsible for the time you had except yourself. I am not some player that shuns the newer players I embrace them and encourage them to play what they like whether melee brawl or brawl +. This is a lesson learned to never expect people to do things for you but to be assertive.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
@ EC Smashers
Don't be such a woman next time and tell them to get off.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
you gotta open up and be more social dont be some emo and drunky in the corner like me, if their ****ing doing a friendly, you ****ing kick them off or give them the **** for doing hogging friendlies. it wasn't crazy cramped only problem is just bathroom/ppl putting that deo on really.

Top Bottom