• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 results 1/29/2011

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Damn i give this ***** words of wisdom and he goes all savage on me.

Little kids these days need a belt.

EDIT : Ally i am your good luck charm btw ******.

Tournaments that im at you end up beating M2K
Tournaments that i'm not at... you get rizzaped.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Damn i give this ***** words of wisdom and he goes all savage on me.

Little kids these days need a belt.

EDIT : Ally i am your good luck charm btw ******.

Tournaments that im at you end up beating M2K
Tournaments that i'm not at... you get rizzaped.
rofl im playing but yea who wouldnt be sad if they were 1 hit from winning a set vs m2k?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
rofl im playing but yea who wouldnt be sad if they were 1 hit from winning a set vs m2k?
No i meant during games, like you start to lose hope.

M2K told me how everytime he sees you grunt or moan during a game he goes hella aggro because you let your guard down.

Nairo

No i meant during games, like you start to lose hope.

M2K told me how everytime he sees you grunt or moan during a game he goes hella aggro because you let your guard down.
nah yo 2nd game he ***** me with his big lead 1st and 3rd game i didnt give up.

Malcolm.O

Smash Cadet
Oh, I was the Malcolm that was not the wario one,
I Played Olimar

Also, To many Meta's......
But the tournament was still great and I had a great time (at least i won some money matches :p)

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
33: Voltage:
33: Malcolm (not the Wario Malcolm): :olimar:
33: Sama: :luigi2:
33: Jacques:
33: Keith Kush: :metaknight: :fox:
33: Nuke: :marth:
49: Andre:
49: SystemXN: :toonlink: :marth: :metaknight:
49: Gawk: :marth:

ALMOST THERE

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Ksizzle, do calculations next time before you assume. The pot distrubution was weird but like Doom said only $30 was missing from the pot which isn't a big deal compared to what other hosts have done.

@ Doom, don't worry about it but next time try to keep track of who paid and didn't paid before singles even starts.
Oh Keitaro, I'm not so ignorant as to not make my calculations a look a ******.

see,

Singles

1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

With 60-80 people

1st - 45%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%

With 80+ people

1st - 44%
2nd - 24%
3rd - 12%
4th - 8%
5th - 4%
7th - 2%
Actually I made the conclusion of ally missing 40 and etc from 60-80 entering. i was wrong and ally deserved 50 percent of the pot

55 times 10 = 550. half of that? 275. ally gets 209? lol

and theres no subject to change for payout on the page. i mean id be pretty annoyed if i showed up to a tourney, went through hell beating all these good people, expected my 50 percent of the pot, and then get 40? and less through confusion( this gets negated if doom makes an announcement at the tourney and EVERYONE agrees)

ALSO

this region has been entering too many people free and not replacing the money from the pot, (KTARs being the only one who is doing it legit lately and maybe polybrawl) NO other community does that and its essentially stealing. IF it ever happens, youre supposed to replace the money from the pot from the venue fee. yeah if it takes it from the venue fee, doom wont get as much money for hosting the tourney. but he gets in for free, gets paid at the end, and lets his buddies in for free while the rest of the entrants (some who traveled far) suffer? **** that.

this has to stop and anyone who actually reads this without some outside of opinion of me will agree so you maybe you should do your calculations before you assume keitaro ;)

oh and 2 swr events had 50 dollars missing from the pot for some reason. we easily replaced it from the venue fee as thats top priority.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol I'm pretty sure if money was missing from the pot at a huge SF tourney **** would hit the fan. Same for Poker.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Those payouts were drafted by Alex Strife long ago (I didn't see them in the OP when I made the brief edits) and I didn't have Internet access at the venue to check them. Paying top 8 at this event was definitely the best idea anyway, imo, considering the ridiculous concentration of top-notch players (including one from Canada and three from Florida). Like I said, the setup I made was something quick and on the fly (I was actually trying to recreate the one you had above, but I wasn't sure what the exact numbers were) but it didn't seem too bad. I had Anti look it over just in case since he was the only frequent money winner nearby at the moment and he agreed.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Alright then

But my other point, take it to heart please. That's just stingy and ****ed up imo. Players who worked hard to make the money shouldn't be screwed over in the end. I ask you that if you wanna enter people in for free, replace the money in the pot or just spot their venue fee.

Snakeee

Smash Master
What the hell are you talking about? I paid to top 8 and made a strange payout division on the spot that looked okay (and Anti agreed with it). It was

1st: 40
2nd: 25
3rd: 12
4th: 9
5th: 4.5 (x2)
7th: 2.5 (x2)

40% of the $520 in the pot is $208. You can ask him, it's exactly how much money I handed him. Maybe you heard something incorrectly or out of date. At first, I gave him $168 because I somehow figured that 8 $20 bills was $200 (tired johns), but it was rectified VERY quickly.

The only people that got in for free were myself, Diem, and Snakeee. Snakeee called me a couple hours before he was going to get there and I put him in the bracket (marked as unpaid) so he wouldn't be driving all the way there for nothing. When he got to the venue, I was feeling like **** and taking a rest, so I asked RJ to take over running stuff for a while. I forgot to tell RJ that he didn't pay yet, and he left very early after being eliminated from singles so by the time I realized, it was too late.

Diem wanted to enter singles after it had already started, requested Ally first round, and said he wasn't going to pay. Again, I was feeling like complete trash, didn't feel like arguing about it, and figured that 2 out of 55 people not paying for singles wasn't a big deal, especially since Brandon helps out when I need him to, also (obviously this was under the assumption that Frank paid).

$30 of my own money going back into the pot is nice in theory, but I think it's a bit ridiculous, especially given what the KOTC guy pays me. If it's that big of a deal to you or the winners, I will happily give Ally his $12, Jason his $7.50, Anti his $3.60, Nairo his $2.70, Will and Atomsk their $1.35, and MVD and Seibrik three quarters each so they can buy gumballs before they get on the plane.
Ahhh, I totally didn't even realize I hadn't paid for singles my bad Max X_X. I was too tilted after losing to that Fox player (no johns good stuff), and just wanted to leave. Really wasn't my day for Brawl, but oh well. I lose motivation too easily lately, and that's pretty much all I had in the first place :awesome:.
Had a really fun, dead close set vs MVD though, good stuff man :)
Btw, I get claustrophobic enough as it is...that little room with all those games going on drove me nuts @_@

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Kelvin: Advice taken.

Frank: Don't worry about it.

The whole entry fee thing wouldn't have been an issue had I been feeling better yesterday, sadly. I'd gladly have placed $10 of my own money in the pot if I were the only one not in for free.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
How did M2K lose in the ditto........................

Were GFs recorded???

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Shoutouts later.

Doom why is Mk in front of Marth beside my name? It's like a slap in the face lol

But yeah you guys need to understand WHO actually placed with MK and also WHO are all the national threats and place holders who WEREN'T there.

Short story. MK isn't in need of a ****ing ban just get over it, he hasn't been banned yet and there's no need for it now.

I think you guys should watch the vids from this tournament to attest to this
Said like a CHAMP.

Still of a fan of you and I have no idea why LOOOOOOOOOOL.

JASONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN2KINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

=(

Get em next time!

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Shoutouts later.

Doom why is Mk in front of Marth beside my name? It's like a slap in the face lol

But yeah you guys need to understand WHO actually placed with MK and also WHO are all the national threats and place holders who WEREN'T there.

Short story. MK isn't in need of a ****ing ban just get over it, he hasn't been banned yet and there's no need for it now.

I think you guys should watch the vids from this tournament to attest to this
please listen to this, people.

Malcolm.O

Smash Cadet
Asinine, biased comment from a Meta Knight main about preserving his legality
Post biased witty comment about over centralization of Metaknight and that he should be banned

OH and BTW, I played Oli so you can update The OP (If you want)

Keitaro

If players like ADHD, Coney, Dabuz, Fatal, Logic, etc were the top 8 to 16 list would be different for sure.

Keitaro

I just mentioned those names since they all came to the last NJ regional 2 weeks ago but didn't this time due to unforturnate events (GIMR having car troubles, ADHD being busy, Coney winning a local in PA)

Top Bottom