• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
what is that show about i have not seen it
Some weird girl who looks like Micheal Jackson at times, with her friends Sam and Freddy, have a web cast.

The MJ looking girl has a brother who is some artist with weird ideas.

Personally I don't like the show but yeah, some people do.

They do stupid stuff and people watch it, like scream randomly / speak nonsense.

Oh and that comic has ruined everything I thought Doug originally was.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
What happened to shows like Are you Afraid of the Dark and All that...good normal nick shows not these " I WANNA BE LIKE DISNEY WITH THE TWEENERS BULL****"...lame

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
What happened to shows like Are you Afraid of the Dark and All that...good normal nick shows not these " I WANNA BE LIKE DISNEY WITH THE TWEENERS BULL****"...lame
T.V has turned stupid. It's the truth and the future. That is why I'll go searching for some different kind of entertainment, other than what they show on the old channels that used to be good.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Not really but I think I might be going to bed soon, in fact I should actually be in bed now... I have to visit family in CT, really though

I still feel like staying up.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yeah I'm probably going to be really really busy....

I'm like leaving to CT at like 9 or 8 am then coming back at like midnight maybe 10pm or 11 pm

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
T.V has turned stupid. It's the truth and the future. That is why I'll go searching for some different kind of entertainment, other than what they show on the old channels that used to be good.
You're crazy. A lot of the shows that are going on right now are pretty good. It's just people always like to say things were better in the old days. If you ask your grandparents they do the same thing and reminisce about something being better back then and how it's "not the same" anymore. Sound familiar? Yah I'm sure it does because everytime you go on Youtube to watch an old show or toon there are some 20 year olds talking about how TV sucks now and how it was better in the old days and go on to quote various shows that induce nostalgia.

**** that **** man. iCarly is the BOOOOMB!!!!

By the way this happens because your favorite memories when it comes to things like TV will most likely be in your childhood and early teen years. It gives you a weird special feeling to remember sitting down as a kid and being completely taken away by whatever the show was. You think it was the show but it really isn't, it was most likely your child-like mentality at the time. The kids from this generation will be saying the same bull**** years from now. They'll most likely name Spongebob and Dora The Explorer and whatever else is popular nowadays as "great shows" in their 20's. Just as we remember Sesame Street being a very special part of our younger years.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
^I agree w/ Silven

But come on...The Disney Afternoon? They just don't put that kinda stuff on anymore. I love cartoons both new and old though, there are a lot of good shows on (not just cartoons). I still watch Ninja Turtles =P I love how they did the new cartoon series and admittedly even some of the old crap we used to watch was ...pretty **** bad when you look back on it. It's 5am...no johns I can't think of **** but there's a lot of old crap I rewatched and I was horrified, and uttered the words "how...could I have watched this?" lol!

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Maybe shows today aren't the type of shows that I like.

I really don't like T.V shows these days. Or atleast the ones broadcast on the normal networks that I used to watch...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Maybe shows today aren't the type of shows that I like.

I really don't like T.V shows these days. Or atleast the ones broadcast on the normal networks that I used to watch...
'

You're ten years old how can you have those views? What do you like from old school? Hannah Montana? LMAO

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
'

You're ten years old how can you have those views? What do you like from old school? Hannah Montana? LMAO
Rocko's modern life.

Woody the wood pecker was funny at times too.

I'm also 4 years older than 10.

Oh and The Mask.

shurf

Smash Cadet
I checked this place out the other day since I was already in the area. ITS HAWT. Plenty of space there. Really nice and cozy too.

Btw crismas, great job with the flyer. That'll definitely attract a lot of people's attention.

I'm hyped already! I can confirm that I'm bringing at least one other guy with me. I'm guessing around 35 people are gonna show up.

Oshiiii~... another Yoshi main at the tourney? Awesome. :)

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Less than a week away... Can't wait for this. As I've said already, I'll bring my Wii in case more setups are needed.

Hope the turnout is at least enormous; we gotta hype this up even more.

Hopefully a decent amount of Noo Yawkers show some rep as well!

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Rocko's modern life.

Woody the wood pecker was funny at times too.

I'm also 4 years older than 10.

Oh and The Mask.
I doubt you've given anything an honest chance. A lot of the newer shows are actually dam funny. I'm fricken 20 and still watch cartoons because some of them are just so funny.

And by the way...stop hating man you know you like iCarly:laugh:

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I doubt you've given anything an honest chance. A lot of the newer shows are actually dam funny. I'm fricken 20 and still watch cartoons because some of them are just so funny.

And by the way...stop hating man you know you like iCarly:laugh:
I really don't like iCarly, I know the show is good because many people like it but personally I don't want to watch it and I can't find the entertainment within.

I can't really draw to mind instantly a show that I really liked that is a newer one.

I know that the recent shows are good ones, because if they weren't good then people wouldn't like them, yet I can't find 1 show that I like that was made recently that is broadcast on the common channels in North America.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
By the way this happens because your favorite memories when it comes to things like TV will most likely be in your childhood and early teen years. It gives you a weird special feeling to remember sitting down as a kid and being completely taken away by whatever the show was. You think it was the show but it really isn't, it was most likely your child-like mentality at the time. The kids from this generation will be saying the same bull**** years from now. They'll most likely name Spongebob and Dora The Explorer and whatever else is popular nowadays as "great shows" in their 20's. Just as we remember Sesame Street being a very special part of our younger years.
Quoted for truth.

Powerpuff girls were awesome. Billy and Mandy is no doubt about that. Home For Imaginary Friends = THE HOTNESS!!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yo, I used to think the n!gga that sang the first Pokemon intro song was the best singer in the world, lmao!!

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Yo, I used to think the n!gga that sang the first Pokemon intro song was the best singer in the world, lmao!!
LMAO that song is pretty good still. Never gets old really, still wouldn't be caught dead with that **** in my MP3 player :laugh:

Alex: Dexter's Lab was amaaaaaazing!!! He's in 3-d on the new Cartoon Network game though so they didn't forget about him lol.

Also Invader Zim was Amazing!!

Invader Zim, branded as Invader ZIM, is an Emmy-winning American animated television series that was produced by and subsequently aired on Nickelodeon.[1] The series is centered around an alien invader named Zim from the planet Irk who is attempting to conquer and/or destroy a dark and satirical version of the Earth.

It won an Emmy!! I didn't even know that lol pretty epic.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ttoo bad it was so distrubing to the network execs that they cancelled it for spongebob

another interesting cartoon fact.

Though the SATAM ( Saturday morning ) version of Sonic the Hedgehog was received as the BEST interpretation of Sonic ( spawning a comic that is popular even to this DAY) it was ran against a show that was not expected to last long...that show was the original episodes of POWER RANGERS.

Another show that ran vs PR was Reboot the great show by mainframe. Another show that was great and is making a come back.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Dam this dude knows his toons. Oh well at least it still airs on Nicktoons. Jonen Vasquez must be tight though.

Actually he didnt care...its funny in interviews he just did what he did...if you ask him about the goth craze he started he would say he wasn't goth and is pretty cheerful about ish lolz which is funny cause he did help revamp the view of being "goth" with Zim and JTHM and Squee

shurf

Smash Cadet
Wait do you live in Teaneck or north Bergen? lol
I go to school in Teaneck. :)

Oh and I think its sad that this generation of kids won't get to experience truly great Saturday mornings. FOX cancelled their morning kids block. :(

ANTi_

Smash Hero
ughh i need a teammate for this event so whoever wants to team with me mee thanks.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
FOX cancelled their morning kids block. :(
Yeah...I discovered this, this past weekend. I woke up, my tv is always on channel 5 regardless...but I was expecting tmnt and got Chuck Norris LMAO I guess that isn't so bad after all XD but seriously, I was wtf'd.

Top Bottom