• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Visible Hitboxes For Yoshi

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Sharky, you're missing the point. The tongue starts in Yoshi's mouth, and then extends through the "blind spot" to the end point that you see in the pictures. It doesn't miss all that area.

Sharky

Smash Master
I get that itdoesn't miss the whole area, ****it stop being stupid >.<

I'm just saying that it's ridiculous that something like the end of this video, for example, should be possible. (this is an old vid in which I hadn't played for at least six months prior, so don't judge lol)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I get that itdoesn't miss the whole area, ****it stop being stupid >.<

I'm just saying that it's ridiculous that something like the end of this video, for example, should be possible. (this is an old vid in which I hadn't played for at least six months prior, so don't judge lol)
i can safely say that THAT occurs because ike moves out of the z-axis, causing the tiny sphere that is the dash grab hitbox to miss.

Same thing happens with lucario's fsmash charge-up animation

*disappears back from whence he came*

Sharky

Smash Master
i can safely say that THAT occurs because ike moves out of the z-axis, causing the tiny sphere that is the dash grab hitbox to miss.

Same thing happens with lucario's fsmash charge-up animation

*disappears back from whence he came*
this isn't ike specific, if you dash grab from a certain distance, you will miss. The grab box skips a small area right in front of yoshi.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
this isn't ike specific, if you dash grab from a certain distance, you will miss. The grab box skips a small area right in front of yoshi.
I think he knew that, and just said Ike because it was Ike that you missed in that video. I would, however, like to point out that "from whence" is redundant, as "whence" already means "from where", so that "from whence" = "from from where." :)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Still, it doesn't change the fact that people say ATM Machines, when ATM stands for Automatic Teller Machine, so they're saying Automatic Teller Machine Machine. It just sounds better. :laugh:

You grammar nazi.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Still, it doesn't change the fact that people say ATM Machines, when ATM stands for Automatic Teller Machine, so they're saying Automatic Teller Machine Machine. It just sounds better. :laugh:

You grammar nazi.
Or Personal Identification Number Number! :mad:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I have to fix my connection and get my router and modem working correctly before I can continue posting.

Until then, I can only use the library's computers to post.

I have JPGS of some of Yoshi's Aerials already that I can't upload.

I have a theory I'll test another time regarding the buggy glows.

All of the buggy glows seem to be the attacks where Yoshi's tail grows to obscene sizes. Maybe I can use Brawlbox to stop them from growing to make them show up correctly.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, that really sucks. =_=

On the bright side, u-air and d-air look really good.

Also, are you sure that's the right hitbox for d-tilt? It seems to be covering his whole tail, and I'm pretty sure that the tip of his tail doesn't have a hitbox.

:069:

Metatitan

Smash Master
And this kids is why yoshi cannot aircamp and why empty SHing is a bad thing to do with him ><

From the looks of it, it looks like the only reason my Bair beat out Stocky's uair in a match is cuz I hit the unprotected part (yoshi's head). Something to look out for.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Wow, nair is ********.
Quoted for truth. That's ridiculous. >_>''

I like how most of Fair doesn't even include all of Yoshi's head. =_=

Thanks Eternal Yoshi.
are you sure that's the inital frames of nair, or just the lasting hitboxes? i'm pretty sure the sweetspot has more range, and covers the whole swelling of his shoe...
:yoshi: Welcome to Melee, LOL!

The picture shown (as well as some others) does not represent the burst frames, though.

I'm not sure how Eternal Yoshi's testing affected the representation of the tilts. If he stopped the tail from growing, then we may just be seeing the correct boxes and no tail or boxes that are adjusted to the non-extended tail length.

Either way, thank you Eternal Yoshi.

Geez, I really would like to force my way onto a dev team one of these days. >:D

bigman40

Smash Master
Really appreciate it Eternal Yoshi. Btw, how did you get the tilts to work?

Nair is what I suspected. The hitbox is small and dumbish.

Dair might have a tad bit of use with that hitbox. Idk yet though.

Fair sucked even w/o us being told of the hitbox. Easy way to know it's bad is by trying to Fair Luigi and it'll lose to his Nair.

~Mieu

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Bigz, you KNOW I been on you about that down air, son!

Nigz don't even know bout my additional down airs, LOL!

Airborne

Smash Lord
shiri, you and those short hop dairs. looool. <3 yours seem to be unpunishable sometimes... o.O

y'know, i find it kinda weird how you can distinct yoshi's ftilt trajectories by each bubble on his tail.... the closest one sends them towards an upward angle, and allows you to pretend your sheik and get another free tilt, the middle one is.... a mix between the first and third perhaps? and the furthest one is, of course, telling the opponent to gtfo.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Also, are you sure that's the right hitbox for d-tilt? It seems to be covering his whole tail, and I'm pretty sure that the tip of his tail doesn't have a hitbox.

:069:
I thought the same thing, but maybe it's because Yoshi's tail is still at an angle and isn't extended straight out yet at the point where the picture is taken.

But yeah, thanks Eternal Yoshi.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: So does this mean that the tail is normal size but the attack hitboxes displayed are actual size?

Just wondering.

Top Bottom