• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vlade's Dazzle DVC 170 Guide (Applies to Any Dazzle of Model Number 100 +)

Vlade

Social Outcast
Would it better if I recorded at 10000 kbits instead of 8000? It seems I get worse quality with 10000 but I just wanna make sure.
That's really strange, it's possible that your computer doesn't support 10000 kbits though. Like thegreatkazoo said, you're supposed to get better quality by recording at a higher bitrate.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Has anyone here figured out if it's possible to record voice overs while recording? It's a huge time saver if I can just record commentary directly over the vids.

I tried but couldn't get it to work using scart cables. Maybe using s-video plugs?

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Has anyone here figured out if it's possible to record voice overs while recording? It's a huge time saver if I can just record commentary directly over the vids.

I tried but couldn't get it to work using scart cables. Maybe using s-video plugs?
There was a link to a current methodology (it's in the archives for the thread, so be sure to search) that uses a speaker.

In short, there really isn't a simple, close-ended, practical way to do so.

I'll keep you posted with any new details as they become available though.

Wow there is a new XCM V-Box http://www.xcm.cc/vbox2_advanced.htm
It records via component cables and can record in 480i, 576i, 480p and for ps3/360 576p.
The first XCM V-Box was really good, you can't get really better with an FBAS Signal (for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-MkqFfdpG0&fmt=22 that is recorded with the XCM V-Box1) so I ordered the V-Box2 and I'm looking forward to the 480p capturing
Cool beans, but you can make a new thread for that. (Doesn't pertain to the dazzle.)

*Crosses fingers that I didn't overstep any boundaries*

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Cool beans, but you can make a new thread for that. (Doesn't pertain to the dazzle.)

*Crosses fingers that I didn't overstep any boundaries*
Ok fine, I wasn't sure if that is worth enough for a new Thread since I'm usually not the type of someone who creates topics for every single thing. ^^

cursdpawwa

Smash Cadet
Hi again, I've been following the instructions correctly so far when I'm recording matches, but when I get to saving the compressed file as AVI, I get this error:

"the source video stream uses a compression algorithm which is not compatible with avi files. direct stream copy cannot be used in this video stream."

How do I fix this?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Hi again, I've been following the instructions correctly so far when I'm recording matches, but when I get to saving the compressed file as AVI, I get this error:

"the source video stream uses a compression algorithm which is not compatible with avi files. direct stream copy cannot be used in this video stream."

How do I fix this?
A screen cap would help greatly to help remedy the problem.

So, let me see what you're seeing.

And does this happen before you record the video or after?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Ok, I think know why.

So, it appears that virtual dub can't read your mpeg files. Which means, that you need to start recording these videos in .avi format.

So, when you are about to record your video, make sure the recording setting is set to "DivX" (or .avi), and then you should be good.

For added measure, you can add a plugin for VirtD filters here.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
To me it looks like VirtualDub can indeed read your mpg files. It only warns you that, since VD can only save into avi, you need to re-compress the video in order to be able to save it (meaning you need to use video\full processing mode).

cursdpawwa

Smash Cadet
Ok, I think know why.

So, it appears that virtual dub can't read your mpeg files. Which means, that you need to start recording these videos in .avi format.

So, when you are about to record your video, make sure the recording setting is set to "DivX" (or .avi), and then you should be good.

For added measure, you can add a plugin for VirtD filters here.
Virtualdub could load the mpeg video in the first place, so I would assume that it can be read. I'll try recording in .avi but I don't think compressing the file afterwards would change the file size. Also, what do I do with that site you gave?

@ajp_anton

But the file size would be a lot larger if I saved with full processing mode which would be the opposite of what I'm trying to do.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Virtualdub could load the mpeg video in the first place, so I would assume that it can be read. I'll try recording in .avi but I don't think compressing the file afterwards would change the file size. Also, what do I do with that site you gave?

@ajp_anton

But the file size would be a lot larger if I saved with full processing mode which would be the opposite of what I'm trying to do.
Pardon my ignorance.

If I may ask, why are you trying to compress the file?

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
The point of "full processing mode" is that you are re-compressing the video. Meaning the resulting filesize is completely dependent of your choise of output quality (and indirectly of the encoder used).
If you do not want to re-compress the videos, only cut them, you should use some mpeg editing program, not VirtualDub.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Has anyone here tried using adobe media encoder to capture using a dazzle dvc170 ?
I read a article on all is brawl that adviced me to use it. But it doesn't seem to accept the video format the dazzle out puts.
Article on all is brawl

This is the error I get: Video format is not supported by this application.

Anyone know what's up?

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Try this then...it's a step by step guide on livestreaming with a Dazzle.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245598
Appreciate the help. But I already found out the problem. Seems the platinum version can't be used with adobe media encoder cause it records in mpeg. So it's not the software but the hardware it self thats the problem. I knew about the mpeg thing for a while but since the article writes used a image of a dazzle platinum I had hope.

I've had this dazzle for about 3 years though. So it's not really a problem. I've been looking into a replacement but haven't made my choice yet.

Spartagod57

Smash Rookie
Dazzle problem

Ok i have a problem, Whenever i try to record or stream my dazzle in any program it shows up as a black screen. the programs recognize it as Dazzle dvc 170 but it wont show up or it will be recorded as nothing more then a black screen any ideas on what i can do to fix it?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Ok i have a problem, Whenever i try to record or stream my dazzle in any program it shows up as a black screen. the programs recognize it as Dazzle dvc 170 but it wont show up or it will be recorded as nothing more then a black screen any ideas on what i can do to fix it?
Reading this thread probably would have the answer.

However, check this out:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245598

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master

nicaboy

Smash Champion
well i bought an Dazzle video creator plus hd(dazzle dvc 107 accroding to the box) for 80 dollars. Here is my first video upload. It werid though cuz when I play it on my computer threw windows media player has no sound. But if i upload to youtube it comes up. Also if i convert it lol. I used acr soft total media extreme to record btw. pinaclt studio was skiping frames and **** so i didnt mess with it to much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWCb7zBZuc8
and this is one that i made high quality with window movie maker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc9hlMVq9Mo
good quality i guess but i want the best. I will follow this guide when i get home from work tommorow.

Vlade

Social Outcast
thegreatkazoo, thanks ever so much for answering everyone's concerns and excuse my laziness :p

@Nicaboy: When you upload to youtube it gets converted to a different format as far as I know which would explain the sound if it comes back when you convert it offline. Otherwise I can't really think of what could be causing something like that. If you follow the guide correctly I'm sure pinnacle shouldn't be skipping frames and would be better to use for recording with the dazzle.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
lol. you know this is a great guide. funny now sometimes its random speed ups and sound losing sync. other times its perfect. i dont get it. better mess with the settings i guess

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
thegreatkazoo, thanks ever so much for answering everyone's concerns and excuse my laziness :p
De rien. ;)

You're duly excused.

lol. you know this is a great guide. funny now sometimes its random speed ups and sound losing sync. other times its perfect. i dont get it. better mess with the settings i guess
I may get a Dazzle just to get my hands dirty and help with this thread some.

More on that later though...

Vlade

Social Outcast
If you find some more consistent settings please let me and I'll have a look into it :) Nothing worse than people following the guide and getting audio desyncs and whatnot in their videos :(

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I can't figure out why, but Pinnacle Studio 12 randomly defaults and records in 480x480 (at 2000Kb/s) despite the capture format setting I have being at 720x480 8000Kb/s.

Anyone know why this happening? This is the first time I've seen it and it's driving me crazy... :ohwell:

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I can't figure out why, but Pinnacle Studio 12 randomly defaults and records in 480x480 (at 2000Kb/s) despite the capture format setting I have being at 720x480 8000Kb/s.

Anyone know why this happening? This is the first time I've seen it and it's driving me crazy... :ohwell:
I'm on Studio 14, but I will take a look and see if the same thing is popping up.

Vlade

Social Outcast

Have you got it on 'custom'? That's really the only thing I can think of :S

PwnerBren7

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to get rid of the distorted TV screen color on a HDTV without buying a HD PVR? I had the dazzle before the HDTV and unfortunately this TV has no A/V out. I am guessing the distortion is from the splitters? *sigh*

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Is there any way to get rid of the distorted TV screen color on a HDTV without buying a HD PVR? I had the dazzle before the HDTV and unfortunately this TV has no A/V out. I am guessing the distortion is from the splitters? *sigh*
Hate to say it, but it probably is. :(

And a HDTV with no AV out? Lolwut? :S

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
a friend of mine is having problems with his capture card, heres the details of soft/hardware he is using

Dazzle DVC 170
the OS he is using is Windows 7 64bit on an Alienware m11x

i believe the problem he says he has is that Dazzle wont record because Windows 7 is 64bit, and the software uses a different kind
there are no drivers for it

A question of my own, does this capture card work with macs? my version is 10.4.11

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
a friend of mine is having problems with his capture card, heres the details of soft/hardware he is using

Dazzle DVC 170
the OS he is using is Windows 7 64bit on an Alienware m11x

i believe the problem he says he has is that Dazzle wont record because Windows 7 is 64bit, and the software uses a different kind
there are no drivers for it

A question of my own, does this capture card work with macs? my version is 10.4.11
So, I actually had to install Dazzle software once for my laptop.

Here is the latest set of updates for Dazzle drivers you will need, and it also includes 64-bit support. NB the version is for Vista, but it should work just fine in 7.

For macs, you'll want the Mac Video Capture device.

Top Bottom