• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voice Alterations in Brawl +

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking it would be cool to change the voice that plays every time you select a character to something different (like Mario saying his catch phrase when you select him). However I know the music brstm's and vocal files are located in different places. Is there any way to do this?

Revven

FrankerZ
No, for the 1000th time I have said this, you cannot replace SFX files yet and may never be able to. All you can do with them right now is unpack this LARGE file that contains all the SFXs (this file being called a .brsar) but you cannot repack it and replace them like so.

crazy brawler

Smash Cadet

DrCrawford

Smash Rookie
hopefully one day it will be possible. i would love for bowser to sound like he did in super mario rpg, and for wolf to sound like star fox 64's version

Revven

FrankerZ
That's a very convoluted way to change a character's voice that isn't worth the time and effort BECAUSE you would also be replacing a stage's song... so that SFX would also be playing as a song on the stage you replaced it with.

Not something worth doing at all. Changing voice related things wouldn't even be something Brawl+ is going to invest time into.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
The BRSAR seems to be like a compressed archive that Brawl can read; I think it calls an offset within the file and plays what's there, stopping when it hits a certain byte value or something. Of course if it was that easy, we should have figured it out ages ago, so that can't be it.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
For a littel bit i was investigating sound files. I think brawl uses almost the same compression method sndconv does (its a prog in the SDK). I think its the same compression, just with the file tree. I managed to get a whole bunch of sounds converted, it looked really similar to brawls compression type. If someone cna find where the sounds are in the brsar file, i can probably replace them with the stuff i have converted from sndconv. sndconv does exactly what brawl does, except with all the txt indications.

Top Bottom