• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voice Swap

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I'm certain this has probably been covered in some other threads before, but I'll go ahead and ask the question anyways: With the advent of music swap, if there any way we can swap out character's voice clips now?

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
I'm certain this has probably been covered in some other threads before, but I'll go ahead and ask the question anyways: With the advent of music swap, if there any way we can swap out character's voice clips now?
All the sound effects (that includes character sounds) are in 1 file.
So no.
We can't even edit those files yet as they're in a different format.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Well, perhaps the best way for the hackers to approach it is totally replacing that single file, and editing individual parts of it. I guess they still need to get accustomed to the format first though.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Yeah, it has been done. I don't know about details, but some people at kittycorp did it. I would check there, kittycorp is really helpful when it comes to this kind of thing.

I don't really see the point though. I will want to change the announcer's voice, though! :)
THAT will be sweet
(again, its been done, ill have to find out about that.)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Is it possible to replace that one file in its entirety using the File Patch code? In order to, say, have Japanese voices?

Slashy

Smash Lord
IT's 90MB, I doubt that can be stored into the Wii memory. No, it will not work with the file patch code.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
The american sfx is around 1 or 2 megs.
Whereas the JPN version is in the hundreds of megs.

And I hear consistent streaming of stuff from the SD via Phantom Wings's crap shortens the lifespan of the SD.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, perhaps the best way for the hackers to approach it is totally replacing that single file, and editing individual parts of it. I guess they still need to get accustomed to the format first though.
The best you can do with that file is unpack it on the computer, you can't repack the file at all with any changes you've made to the sound files (hell, I'm not even sure what format the sound files are even in, just the giant packed up one being a .brsar). In other words, it's a big phat no (and there was already a thread on this believe... actually, two threads, both of which I answered with the very same reasoning).

You won't be seeing edited SFXs or voice files for a very good while, if ever.

Revven

FrankerZ
Will it work with ISO hacking anytime soon?
Not even that (at least, editing the voice files and putting them back in won't) you can of course replace the USA voices with the JPN voices but aside from that, I wouldn't get your hopes up on being able to do your own voices for MetaGay or I fight for my Friends Ike. :laugh:

Top Bottom