• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Volleying: A New Type of Game (Updated with Video Examples: Special Guest Darrell)

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Here.
As said, totally new to the concept, so probably not utilized correctly.

Also, sure are a lot of hateful comments going 'round here... If you don't like it, OK, we've got your point. It's no good for tournaments. But that's not the point; this concept is just for bored-****less-so-here's-something-a-little-different... unless it's supposed to be taken as a serious training method.
I watched it! LOL why the three players? This game is meant for 1 vs 1, sweet texture hacks btw

Hey guys don't knock it til' you try it. Keep up the good work, Derek!

Also, when are you gonna put up our most recent vids? :D
Yea mike im gonna post those vids cause I can't even think about making that vid right now but its gonna happen =D, you still goin to ceo?

Steelia on your guy's last stock it was perfect volleying

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
he used to flaunt it as a strategy to help you improve your tourney play, which we all agree is a horrible idea.

fun though, of course.
you don't need to sandbag to have fun with someone worse than you. there are ways to make both of you benefit even if your skill levels are vastly different

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
or, you know, you could just play friendlies as practice for tournament in the first place.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Yea but I have more fun with this game, when I play with really good people I treat it like tournament though, especially if you can only play with them for a little bit, volleying is more for people who play eachother all the time

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I can't see how you think this is a good idea...

Quit *****ing about people 'trying' when it's not a tournament match.

If you don't enjoy playing the game, then just don't play it.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
That's awesome man! I think I've seen some of Darrel's vids on Waffle's youtube. Thought he was a samus main. I haven't been playing much at all since I left tally. Been slackin' off :(

Top Bottom