• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Volt Tackle Videos: Replay Archive + Critique Thread

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I have matches uploaded of my tournament on the 10th

If anybody wants to check out vids, go to:

youtube.com/imesam

My recommended matches are winners finals of doubles and grand finals set 2 of singles.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Geez ESAM as much as Pika vs MK vids help, I'd like to see vids of you fighting other chars besides MK and ZSS..

PZ

Smash Lord
Money match, I wasn't doing so hot. CRITIQUE please

these are vs catnip and his MK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfLQaQZezKg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fym_Nc0PTs0

CRITIQUE please
Since no1 has critique this yet ill but be warned i dont play much.

Okay first match.
0:04 I wouldnt T-jolt after getting on a platform for 2 reasons:uair n nado.
0:13 No uair after that qac?
0:23 Never go on top of mk lulz
0:43 Randum upsmash?
1:58 Why didnt u throw?
2:50 Fthrow<upsmash
2:56 He spaced u well I wouldve jumped backwards.
Overall you messed up your qacs and you were predictable with your recovery. Bad DI at times too.

Second
0:03 No campy in face
1:37 Dsmash<upsmash not a combo
1:40 Randum fsmash
1:49 Again lulz
2:49 Never ever do that
2:59 Nice
3:54 Missed shouldve moved to the left a little
Very predictable with your recovery. Is your main approach shield?

Out of both recovery is your biggest blunder.

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
guys.. iam currently creating a new video... called "I move with Pikachus QAC 3" which links back to the videos i made years ago. I started back in feb 2010 but I just put the video on hold.. but for some strange reason.... after ally came to europe 2weeks ago i got some motivation to make a new video.

(btw ally finished 2nd to a player called gluttony a wario main.. i told anther about this guy months ago.. hes a beast!)

Alot of youtuber's arnt aware of the hard work being put in by you guys on this site.. in relation to the development of pikachu (its very organised & structured..the pikachu side anyway)

So I took the liberty of adding some pikachus from this site into the end of my 8 minute+ video.

Ive already added Kaylo, Prime, Esam, Anther.... but im pretty sure ill add a few others.

This video is mainly about my past fights with other players....and due to the fact of me not brawling much (havent played since April ) Im trying to give some of the young youtubers information about the other pikachus who still play (competitivly & 4 fun) that I feel are highly skilled or just help the pika development in general.

P.S this is no combo video.. just generall information like I said.. but it will an entertaining video no doubt.

This video should drop in august so keep tabs :).

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sounds pretty sweet, BKING! I look forward to hearing more about it.

& ty for adding me. <3

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
Since no1 has critique this yet ill but be warned i dont play much.

Okay first match.
0:04 I wouldnt T-jolt after getting on a platform for 2 reasons:uair n nado.
0:13 No uair after that qac?
0:23 Never go on top of mk lulz
0:43 Randum upsmash?
1:58 Why didnt u throw?
2:50 Fthrow<upsmash
2:56 He spaced u well I wouldve jumped backwards.
Overall you messed up your qacs and you were predictable with your recovery. Bad DI at times too.

Second
0:03 No campy in face
1:37 Dsmash<upsmash not a combo
1:40 Randum fsmash
1:49 Again lulz
2:49 Never ever do that
2:59 Nice
3:54 Missed shouldve moved to the left a little
Very predictable with your recovery. Is your main approach shield?

Out of both recovery is your biggest blunder.
Thanks, how would you suggest that i recover from far away vs mk?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Change it up. There isn't a set way to recover. If he is near the ledge, don't skull bash since he can dair you or shuttle loop you out of it. Just mess with your QA angles. Mix up going to the ledge and going for the stage.

PZ

Smash Lord
Thanks, how would you suggest that i recover from far away vs mk?
What ESAM said mixing ur recovery but i like to go under the stage occasionally or use any object aroound like on sv the moving platform. Just dont be too predictable with ur otions also watching king's videos soon buffering<.<

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
Sounds pretty sweet, BKING! I look forward to hearing more about it.

& ty for adding me. <3
I Finally finished the "I move with Pikachus qac 3" video. Even though its not really a combo video.. I rate this better than all the videos ive ever did!

I couldent put all the pikachus in this.. but i did put in the following pikachus

anther,esam,stealth,kprime,moko,miquel,kaylo,voltstorm,yone,shawa,afrotwist and mayb a couple more.

I tried to pick a variety..meaning not all the pikas are from the same countries.

The only problem is that I have a walmart internet connection (a joke I heard on xbox live.. do walmart do internet?) and its failing to upload. when it does ill post it on this page.

I wanted to put in arilkie,king,legendary chu, z,pikapika and a few other new pikas but their wasnt enough time (youtube only allow 10 minutes.)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Late to the party, but very nice vid, BKING! Thanks for including me. =D

Walk up > t2 too goodz.

King~

Smash Champion

Quirky

Smash Rookie
page bump

*hopes*
Hrrrgggh well here's what a Pika scrub thinks.

Overall? I think you're a really solid Pika.

I believe you could've used a few more QAC's though (feints and attacks) in your match against the TL, especially since he's a projectile spamming char and you'd make him feel less comfortable letting him know you're not afraid to get in close quickly.

Not that there's anything wrong with Tjolting back with your own projectiles, its just a suggestion to add a bigger mixup to your game.

Then again, from what I understand being a pro at this game is all about making those "crazy reads" to do "completely random stuff that works". Seems like your game gets a little too methodical and safe near the end of the TL matches.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
QAC is kinda a bitter sweet thing against TL. It can get close to him when you need it, but the hurtbox extension can really bite on the projectiles...and then you get phantom lag.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If you get interrupted by anything during QA. Not sure if that means if you grab the ledge too, but if you get hit in the middle of QA then land, you have phantom lag. I'm pretty sure, but K Prime can correct me if needed (Name baiting!)

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
critiques and stuff again... been gone a long time.

EDIT: i don't want critiques anymore, I've got new vids of a tourney were i went to and i've gotten way better. so i'll post those later.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I went to my first tourney and placed 4th! Only 3 matches of mine were actually uploaded to youtube and 2 of them are losses so I was wondering if anybody would want to critique them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mk8dc7X5I4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCeDrQoeDlA&feature=fvwk

Looking back at these a week later I notice a lot more mistakes I made, and I can't help but feel that didn't really deserve the win on Halberd since he died earlyish on stock 1 and then won at kill percents. I lost this set but if I had won it I would have been in winners finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ogQpL7Efk

This was my 2nd or 3rd match of the day and I also made a lot of mistakes (missed tech to fsmash, supreme failure at QA to the edge)

Everyone at the tourney said I was pretty good though and I've already been invited to a smashfest so you can expect to see more videos once I'm sure I've improved. One other thing though, what should I CP against ROB? I think he banned PS1 so I just went halberd, but then somebody told me it's a good ROB stage as well.

PZ

Smash Lord
Sadly no1 fills like critiquing I would but I got too much to think about at school plus im filling attached to cf ever since the cf boards made frame data thread with details so i dont use pika that much even if i rarely play any1=(

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
i went to my first tourney and placed 4th! Only 3 matches of mine were actually uploaded to youtube and 2 of them are losses so i was wondering if anybody would want to critique them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mk8dc7x5i4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcedrqoedla&feature=fvwk
Some things that I noticed.

1. You rolled backwards a lot to put distance between ROB and you. Consider walking instead so you can keep all your options open.
  2. Don't use QAC approaches that much (well, unless your opponent lets you get away with it like the ROB was doing)! You should really save them for mixups. All he has to do is throw out any attack and it'll foil whatever you were planning.
  3. In general, don't use skullbash to recover like that. Skullbash pretty much tells the opponent, "Hey! I'm going to travel in this direction, feel free to come over here and hit me!" Which the ROB did to you, twice, on game 3.

Everyone at the tourney said i was pretty good though and i've already been invited to a smashfest so you can expect to see more videos once i'm sure i've improved. One other thing though, what should i cp against rob? I think he banned ps1 so i just went halberd, but then somebody told me it's a good rob stage as well.
Halberd's nice for ROB in that he can shark underneath the platform when it's not on the deck of the Halberd; however, ROB's kinda floaty so he dies up relatively easier, so the low ceiling can help us there a lot. If you can deal with the sharking, I think this might be an OK CP.

I do like PS1, but then again, I like PS1 in general for most MUs. In this case, the transformations tend to let you camp whilst messing up ROB's camp game.

Frigate seems like a decent candidate. Both transformations are smallish, so you can keep the close-range pressure up (where Pikachu excels) which leads to juggles (ROB's weakness). His bigness lets you tjolt harass him even if he's camping under the platforms.

Hopefully one of the better people can help you better and tell me how off-base I am.

Captain L

Smash Champion
thanks for the tips, I know that pikachu has a craptastic roll and I really hate doing it but for some reason it just always happens. If you watch the Wario match you'll see another huge example of that problem.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Not gonna lie,
that was pretty ****ing annoying. Nice edgework on what seemed like a mildly subpar Snake tho.

Roller

Smash Legend
Stuff:

Vs Snake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLzz2bxKYuE

Vs Lucario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h7S3MHL81Y

aka Youtube channel filler! Critiquing would be appreciated .
I'd love to help you out Kat, the only thing is that the videos you posted were against players who are sub-par at best, and either don't know the mu, or they're people you play a lot who can't adapt.

If you'd like critique I'd suggest showing vids of you vs players who are on/above your level. Because I can't really glean much from you 3 stocking a snake which is worse than my (awful) snake.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
OK, Looking for critique. All are $2 best-of-five money matches.

Big video dump, I konw, but for the time-strapped I have color-coded some of the links, best performance, potentially interesting/lulzy match, Worst performance.

:pikachu2: ENNH (aka Pikadude) vs :pikachu2: Deathnote (Best of 5)

1. Round 1
  2. Round 2
  3. Round 3
  4. Round 4
  5. Round 5

:pikachu2: ENNH (aka Pikadude) vs :metaknight: Eggz (Best of 5)

1. Round 1
  2. Round 2
  3. Round 3
  4. Round 4 (Banned in WA, but agreed to, because he apparently likes the stage as well)

:pikachu2: ENNH (aka Pikadude) vs :metaknight: Jem (Best of 5)

1. Round 1
  2. Round 2
  3. Round 3

I'm aware of a few things, but I want to see if anyone else matches my observations. I will say that I really should learn a stage that isn't PS1.

Top Bottom