• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voodoo Smash on the Bayou II

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Voodoo Smash on the Bayou II​
October 9th, 2010

Chinese Inn
9449 Airline Hwy.
Baton Rouge, LA
Doors open at 11 a.m. and registration begins
Tournament starts at 12
$5 entry fee

Louisiana General Brawl Ruleset

-3 stock; 8:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-Team attack on
-1v1; all items off and set to none; Best 2/3; All finals 3/5 (Time permitting)
-Bring your own controller (and stool/chair if you want one)
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-Don't load through Homebrew without talking to the TO first!
-Metaknight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned
-No infinites past 300%
-Ledge grab limit is 40

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

Stage List:

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise

Banned

The rest

Basic Info:
-NO outside food or drink or illegal substances (guys this is a restaurant they got food and stuff you can by only a few steps away)
-The address has been posted and I put in a link to google maps. The restaurant is pinpointed on the map for you. If you aren't familiar with the area, play around with the map, they got google earth views on it too so you can see the surrounding area. Also click on the Chinese Inn if you don't know what the place looks like.

You are responsible for knowing these rules, if you mess up and break them, TOO BAD.

Please let me know who is coming. I need to know or have an idea as to how many people are coming to this. I told our venue an estimate of 20-30 people just to be safe, but still tell me if you are able to make it. Also please bring set-ups!!!!!

*NOTE*- Set-ups include: Wii, Brawl, table, powerstrip, extension cord (I might be able to supply one). Bring what you can.
Set-Ups:
BSL-Wii, Brawl, possibly a TV
Curlz- Wii, Bawl, TV (possibly another full)
Ran- full set-up
Blain- TV, Brawl, Wii

Anything else concerning this tournament will be posted. I hope y'all can make it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm goin to try to come. If I can, I'll have a full set up minus a TV, unless I can steal turok's/he comes.

Requesting a Brawl- side event.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
lol.

even if i dont have time to enter, im gonna go to hang out and eat food there. idk why i havent eaten there in a while.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I forgot to mention that I'll have at least one complete set up (TV, Wii, Brawl). I'll try to swing a second one if possible.

-Ran

Smash Master
I should be coming to this. I'm still in 'conserve money mode' for Smash. So I won't be going to Hobo. I'll be bringing a set up.

Turazrok

Smash Master
D:

I may still be in all-Falco mode, or going Wario/Falco. We'll see.

Warm-up for MLG, I better be close or at my best by this tournament!
Hater. Doubters gonna doubt, but wario is like 300000000000000x easier than olimar.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I completely forgot that I won't be able to make this. I made prior plans and forgot to check my calender when I said I could make this. >.<

I'm really sorry.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well Voodoo Smash is next week. Bring set-ups if you can make it which I hope many of you will be able to. Other than that, I hope to see you guys there.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i might try that theory out... give you a larger sample size for your data.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
cant go. ultimate.

that means no setup from me. sorry, guys.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I might show up, but its a big might. I'll bring a setup but I'll have to be out of there early, so I'll probably be leaving by the time I get knocked out and taking my setup.

If I do go, please make sure this starts on time.

Edit:

Nickels and I will be showing up to this officially unless something comes up again, but we do need to be back in Lafayette by 4, so we will be leaving around 3 regardless if we're still in the tourny or not, as well as taking my setup.

Sorry, if I'm coming off as a prick. I'm not trying to. :[

Curlz

Smash Lord
Bump for hype.

Lafayette should be showing up to this with 2 carpools. :D

One for Brawl with Nickels, Fang, MasterMajora, and I and then another for the 64 tournament (no lie). So get hype.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I know this may be a little late saying this but Nitez has been pressuring me about 64 at the tourny. I've told him I have no problem assuming we: have enough time, people and set-ups. Hope you guys can make it Saturday. I'm pretty hyped for it.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I know this may be a little late saying this but Nitez has been pressuring me about 64 at the tourny. I've told him I have no problem assuming we: have enough time, people and set-ups. Hope you guys can make it Saturday. I'm pretty hyped for it.
Well, if 64 pulls through, you could expect 3-4 people from Laffy coming to enter for just that. I could most likely convince them to bring a setup for that (64, not Virtual Console) and I'm sure I could convince them to enter the Brawl tourny if I tried hard enough. :p

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there.
Edit: will be bringing 1 wii 1 controller 1 chair.
Also my wii has disc problems so i load from Usb/homebrew. I havent edited the iso or anything.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'll be there.
Edit: will be bringing 1 wii 1 controller 1 chair.
Also my wii has disc problems so i load from Usb/homebrew. I havent edited the iso or anything.
You don't have to bring a chair. Trust me, they have plenty of chairs. :)

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Who's TJ?

Hey.... Money Match me! :D
I'll MM ya!

I have a wii that I can bring, provided someone else brings a copy of Brawl.
I just so happen to have two Brawl discs for no reason, so you can bring your Wii.

Bump for hype.

My prediction on how many people will come: Less than 16
I'd say 16ish, maybe...

I'll bring my brawl. Also, anyone wanna mm?
Me! What characters?

Top Bottom