• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote for your personal best newcomer trailer.

Best newcomer trailer

• Total voters

Strofirko

Smash Master
Yesterday the last on disc newcomer was revealed,and it's a good time to remember the tracks we passed since 2013 E3 until today:
:4villager: first the new super smash bros started it's first trailer showing a new nightmare fuel to our minds.
:4megaman: and then million of retro fans of the super fighting robot jizzed themselves.
:4wiifit:and in a separate event someone who never passed into anyone mind joins the rule 34 fight.

And after several months :rosalina: skyrocketed on popularity.

Them in the first direct of 2014 an exciting fighter joins the ring:4littlemac:

And after that in the first smash direct,everyone got tears joke trolled by :4greninja:

We waited after one year a new E3,and nintendo started with fashion,Reggie vs Iwata is something to remember.
:4miibrawl::4miisword:

And after that sakurai waifu a high requested character shows her goddess power :4palutena:
And someone crashes the party:4darkpit:

After waiting so long an unexpected guest appears on nintendo twitter :4pacman:,and smash paves it's way on gaming history.

After E3 the times were dark a prophecy was foreseen by gematsu,but :4robinm: and:4lucina: enlightened and gematsu prophecy was broken.

But Xenoblade fans weren't very happy,after feeling trolled a new leak appeared and on the same week it was :4shulk: time,and everyone was really feeling it.

After the 3ds release two characters were left out without a trailer,but sakurai teasing with his clowny trolling.face all the 8 koopa children joined in :4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:

And after 2 weeks of waiting :4duckhunt: breaks the pace of the direct and the fourth wall too,and smiles appeared on our faces,waiting for the next 15 days too the HD experience.

Vote for the one you was really feeling it enjoyed more .

Last edited:

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
I loved Robin's strictly for Falcon's role which made him look like an absolute beast.

The best for a character; :4bowserjr:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Robin's Trailer. Greninja and Mega Man are close though.

Falcon tore down the Gematsu leak in the most awesome way imaginable.

pinkhairedprotagonist

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9004-1386
Robin and Lucina were my two most wanted characters, so that was the hypest day I've had in a long time. Shulk, DH, and Rosalina are right behind, though, but nothing will beat the rush that was the robin/Lucina reveal day and how dreamlike it felt.

TheGingerRussian

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGingerRussian
3DS FC
1504-5955-1641
Has anyone else noticed that Greninja's trailer (the CGI part) showcases Mario and Charizard more than it does Greninja itself?

I really like the look of Mac's trailer, as well as Robin's.

But personally, my favourite trailer has to be Mega Man. The CG, the music, the reveal. It was just... hnnnnnnnghhhhh.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Everyone kinda shoves the Blue Bomber aside because he was revealed early...

As cool as Bowser Jr, Greninja, and Robin's respective trailers were, Mega Man's was still the best.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Even though i made a thread about this early

Mine is tied with duck hunt and lucina/robin

Lucina and robin due to the captain guest stars in it and it shut up the guys who kept telling us no more characters will be added if gemusatu is true (if chorus kids or ahould a say a rythem heaven rep comes in for dlc i would not be surpised.)

Duck hunt is the funniest (would have ben better if i diden't knew about the dog) (curse that leaker glad he got caught by nintendo)

Khao

Smash Lord
I'm gonna say it's a tie between Wii Fit Trainer's, Mii Fighters' and Rosalina's.

Simply because the trailers were just genious in how you didn't even know they were about Smash at first, you didn't know what the **** you were watching at first until that specific moment you went all "WHAT?! NO ****ING WAY!"

Just look at the live reactions to Wii Fit Trainer's trailer at E3, first everyone got excited at a trailer for one final game, then they got extremely dissapointed about it being Wii Fit, then they got super confused about what was going on, then they were hyped as ****. The thing just played with you, and the payoff was perfect. Just pure brilliance.

Those three were really the only ones that managed to do it to that extent, and I'd say that the fire-y Smash logo at the start of every other trailer is to blame. Like really, the trailers would have been a lot more hype-inducing without it, the logo was kind of a spoiler in a certain way.

I mean, can you imagine Little Mac's trailer without the Smash logo at the start? You'd totally think it was Punch Out!! at first. Or how about Palutena's? It could have been another Kid Icarus short for all you'd know, until Link showed up out of nowhere, completely smashing your perception!

Seriously, the way most of these trailers were built, it feels like they were actually designed to get into without knowing they're Smash-related, the Smash logo was probably tacked-on at the end, and it just ruined the surprise.

So because those three actually left the logo out, I'm saying they're easily tied for the top.

Top Bottom