• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTE: most hated and/or overused catch-phrase/word from the Brawl speculation

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Oh yeah, the facepalm thing.

I never got that at all, this is the only forum I've ever seen it on. It seems to be used rather... arrogantly :/

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
____ for Brawl. Or anything involving Geno, Ridley, or Krystal. I get it. You like them, but man, I am tired of it. I'll be so happy for the full roster to be announced so all the character speculation can be over and done with.

Zakor1138

Smash Rookie
Its OVER 9000!!!!!---This is why I prefer the Funimation dub of DBZ, where the "joke" did not originate.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
"Geno"

I have nothing against Geno, I don't even really know who he is. That's one of the reasons he's so annoying.
What has Geno personally done that's so annoying, seeing as how you don't even know who he is?

9,000 and Chuck Norris. they were never funny to begin with and are years old.

Also anyone who says the word "Epic". I think I might have said it before though. :(

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Exactly. I mean, all the guys I know where pink too. =p

Seriously though, that phase annoys me simply because the rift between casual and tournament players is so full of vehemence that it ignites arguments better than a lit match lights a trail of gasoline.
Arguments ftw!

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Misspelling ''Sheik'' as ''Shiek''. I swear, about 90% of the time people spell it that way. THE 'I' IS ****ING AFTER THE 'E'.

People saying Geno is first-party. Yes, he's a Mario charcter, but he still belongs to Square-Enix.

Character lists. Who even cares?

Casual elitists vs. pro elitists. What a waste of time.

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
I hate when people use bizarre (if creative) logic to "confirm" things, even if they have no factual basis to their claim.

(there's only 1 free Newcomer slot left on the character page anyway.)
...Like that. What, adding another row to that list would be completely impossible? It's not a "slot" to be "filled," it's just a quirk in the Brawl website's layout. It confirms nothing. Or do you not remember when there was only one row of characters under the "Newcomers" heading, and then two, and then three...It's not like there have always been four rows just waiting to be filled.

I also don't like when people act like Lucas' very existance proves that Ness can't possibly be in Brawl. Who says Ness couldn't have a completely new moveset? As Sakurai himself said when he revealed Bowser, "If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you."

And speaking of movesets, that reminds me of another thing that irritates me, more than anything else. Who was the person who first had the bright idea to start using fabricated "movesets" as a way of "proving" that some character or another is definitely/couldn't possibly be in Brawl?

Did Mr. Game & Watch have an RPG-esque list of attacks in the games he originally appeared in? Did the Ice Climbers? Did Fox ever use his Fox Illusion attack in any of the Starfox games? Did Captain Falcon's role in the F-Zero games ever involve throwing flaming-fisted punches, or anything besides driving a car? Look at Pit, even! He never had swords in the Kid Icarus games! None of those character's movesets were drawn frame-for-frame from the games in which they originated.

Yet people still seem to love saying "so-and-so can't be in Brawl, because there's no way they could have a moveset." Just 'cause you can't come up with one doesn't mean the Brawl developers can't. Trying to prove that a character can't be in Brawl because you can't think of a full moveset for them is like trying to prove something about a series' storyline by using fanfiction as "evidence." The irritation factor of this particular type of argument is bolstered by the arrogance and condecension it is typically coupled with.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Misspelling ''Sheik'' as ''Sheik''.

ummm....? lol....

I hate it when people hear a word from somewhere... and start using it everywhere... like "shoe-in"... or "roy was only put in melee as an advertisement..." (even if it is true... no one EVER cites a source...)

I also hate when people just regurgitate EXACTLY what they hear on SMYN...

I wouldn't mind if they said... "Well, I agree with what SP said in the last podcast..." etc...

But people just use quotes from the show word for word in some of their arguments...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Character lists. Who even cares?
Too true.

Who cares about your roster? All those threads are purposeless, especially those who posted their lists recently, with Japanese release only a couple weeks away.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
The one thing i can't stand anywhere on the internet is when people say stuff like this game is soo win and ftw!, such a stupid saying. I also saw a post where it said something like geno is full of awsome and win. The **** can u be full of win....

Eagle-Eye

Smash Rookie
"Slot", as in "That character will take up a slot" or "There are only two 3rd-party slots left." I like to tell people that characters like Ridley will take up two slots because he's bigger.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
__ oficially deconfirmed! (no solid data)
__ CONFIRMED!! (no solid data)
__ is a Prophet!!!!

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
Deconfirmed.

First of all, it's not a word.

And secondly, etymologically speaking, if it were a word, in order to "deconfirm" something, you would first have to confirm it, and then take it back.

Like if there was an update right now that said "I was just kidding. Snake isn't in brawl," then Snake would be deconfirmed.

But if there was an update that said "Oh, hey, by the way, Geno and Ridley aren't in this game," neither would be deconfirmed. Because that's not what the word would theoretically mean.

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight's special moves.

Also, "There's no time to ponder such questions, for _____ has just grabbed a Smash Ball."
YOU SoB (son of a *****) as soon as I saw this thread that was the first thing I thought of....I would say IMO, cause I don't know what it means.....

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
fox's shine. i hate that move. and that fox is still considered a good character (i hate fox!:mad:) and that clones like marth and falco will return (they won't so stop bringing it up for pete's sake!:mad:)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
...Like that. What, adding another row to that list would be completely impossible? It's not a "slot" to be "filled," it's just a quirk in the Brawl website's layout. It confirms nothing. Or do you not remember when there was only one row of characters under the "Newcomers" heading, and then two, and then three...It's not like there have always been four rows just waiting to be filled..
Hm. Touché. I seem to remember there always being 3 rows and 4 columns. I'm probably wrong though.

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
fox's shine. i hate that move. and that fox is still considered a good character (i hate fox!:mad:) and that clones like marth and falco will return (they won't so stop bringing it up for pete's sake!:mad:)
Because giving a new moveset to a character who clearly has the popularity backing him to make a comeback is completely out of the question...right? Your logic says Ganondorf gets the boot as well.

amost

Smash Apprentice
YOU SoB (son of a *****) as soon as I saw this thread that was the first thing I thought of....I would say IMO, cause I don't know what it means.....
IMO = In My Opinion

Sorry if I'm reading your sentence wrong and that's not the word to which you didn't know the meaning.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Mine are:
-ftw
-Over 9000
-anything Chuck Norris
-Up until now
-deconfirmed
-in before closed
-you must recover

TheKruskinator

Smash Apprentice
Prophet.

Seriously, a prophet is somebody who has cryptic signs telling of the future. Unless some of these people actually have that, they're not prophets.

Also, the Dojo could use a little less "WH-WHAT?!" or "Rumor has it that there's this thing that I'm going to explain in the next paragraph!"

Top Bottom