• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote: Should gigabits have melee side tournies?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
i dont want a side tournament, im against it. It'ss end up interfering in some way with the brawl tourney. And to anybody still concerning brawls competitiveness, go to a brawl tourney, i was like, WTF? brawl is ****ing pro...

-hiro

I like this guy.

i mean...brawl is even at Evo. freaking top players from other fighters like bucktooth, Jwong and Jeron G entered the brawl tourney last weekend and they all agree that it's very competitive.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
you guys totally missed out on my tourney. This thread wouldn't have existed otherwise.

(aside from H-box's vent thread afterward...)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yo, seriously, i am getting kinda annoyed at the situation. Brawl is amazing and WILL become the next huge thing and you guys will be eating your words and playing brawl and loving it. It's only a matter of time. After going to the tourney, and watching all the fancy tricks that the characters possess, i was like "wow, this game is going to seriously ****.

-hiro

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Gotta agree with Hiroshi, there is an obvious difference in good and bad players in Brawl. Thus, it's competitive, and it is possible to get better.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
yo, seriously, i am getting kinda annoyed at the situation. Brawl is amazing and WILL become the next huge thing and you guys will be eating your words and playing brawl and loving it. It's only a matter of time. After going to the tourney, and watching all the fancy tricks that the characters possess, i was like "wow, this game is going to seriously ****.

-hiro
hiro is right at 1st i wasnt feelin brawl at all and i loved melee speed...but then i started to play brawl more and more it grows on u....but my fav. thing of all time is WAVE LANDIN..im still kind mad that its not in the new 1..but u gotta take the good wit the bad...as far as the game bein competitive i think it will never be as competitive as MELEE....and all the people that sayin oh i will not play melee any more are bytches wit comments like "i love melee so much" or "ill never stop playin melee" u are forgetin ur roots....so yea im goin 4 MELEE 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%

ps ^tHAT is also my power level

Zoro

Smash Champion
I would love to have melee tourneys but not on the same day

I really want to play more link from melee i miss him sooo much brawl link is so gay.

My own girlfriend say she hates playing my main in brawl cuz my TL is annoying to play.
Link is just to predictable to play tho i just....cant do it..ill try tho.

anyway lol
Mankos tournament really opened my eyes to competetive brawl not only is there a barrier between good and bad. There is something to work for Im thinking of so many ways i can beat characters i duno how to play like pikmin kid and im trying to learn how to play metaknight cuz reno's was nastee.It felt good and i didnt feel any less tension from the matches than i did with melee. I love melee cuz its so fastpaced so i really want to continue those tournament for it.Brawl is still not only fun but competetive as well in my opinion and by the next few tourneys alot of people will start to see that

. Unless they lose to pikmin kid.

100% for melee tourneys
100% for brawl tourneys
on different days

Zoro

Smash Champion
I MISS MELEE SOOOO MUCH

I wanna play someone in melee
plz :(

I think brawl is great but I havnt played melee in like weeks.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
I know how you feel Zoro I was like so pissed cuz I wanted to play melee, and I just got my lil which I always 4 stock which is no fun normally and played and I was like holy **** melee is a good game. I had so much fun playing melee. Try to play someone near you.

but yea...Music in Brawl FTW.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
A heart thats full up like a landfill,
A job that slowly kills you,
Bruises that wont heal
You were so tired, happy,
Bring down the government,
They dont, they dont speak for her
Ill take the quiet life, a handshake of carbon monoxide

No alarms and no surprises, no alarms and no surprises
No alarms and no surprises
Silent, silent
This is my final fit, my final bellyache with
No alarms and no surprises, please

Such a pretty house, such a pretty garden
No alarms and no surprises, please

derf

Smash Ace
werd tbp...i think im gonna keep you off the list for now. not as an insult, because youre mad cool/good at melee. like you said, just because you dont go to tournies.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Derf give the community a couple more months to get their brawl fix. Unless some crazy brawl techniques are found (seems unlikely) I honestly think people are going to get extremely bored of brawl rather quickly. The ceiling for potential in brawl is insanely low. The lack of anything technical to accomplish, lack of combos, and slow gameplay is going to grow old very quickly IMO.

I'm gonna give brawl a couple more months to show me what it has to offer. If it's still as boring as it is now I'm definately down to switch back to melee and I know most of Noob Testament is too.

Btw I respect everyone's opinions on here, so please don't bash me for expressing mine.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
As of now, I like Melee better because there is still so much more for us to learn with it. Even though I am one of the worst players that still enters tournies, I think that if it wasn't for Brawl, I'd continue entering Melee tournies for years to come.

Unfortunatly, Brawl has somewhat ripped apart the community. It is understandable that many top players want to continue Melee (whether they support Brawl or not), but it is also true that New to Medium level players *mostly* like Brawl for at least one good reason - they have a new chance to succeed.

The problem, in my opinion, is that this leveling of the playing field is only temporary. I predict that in just a few months, the top players in Melee will more or less emerge at the top in Brawl, assuming they stick with it.

I myself would still like to enter Melee tournaments, but the desire to pay has mostly vanished. The most I can see myself dishing out for a Melee tournament ever again would be $5. Any more than that would be too much for me.

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
I am in favor of 5/10 singles and 5/10 per person teams... Melee is way too much of a better competitive game to stop doing tournaments.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Im sayin

Every month there should be a melee and brawl tourney

like 1st saturday of the month could be brawl and the 3rd saturday of the month could be melee
or watever

but maybe that would be too much for gigs to do since they do hold other tourneys for other games (even though they suck and the smash community is better than any other community)

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
I'll be showing up with vZakat for either one. So it doesn't really matter to me. But I do think that Melee is a more competitive game and has more competitive merit, but Brawl is going to make the game obsolete in a matter of time, so running regular side tournaments is a waste of time IMO.

What they could do is do a side Melee tournament every 2-3 months, just to keep the classic alive. That could be a good compromise.

Top Bottom