• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vro Zone II. | Chicago Suburbs | Get ready for Sakurai 3!

Vro

Smash Lord
---
Who
The one and only Vro Zone is coming back!

Vro
I prefer texts.

You MUST contact or inform me in some way, shape, or form that you are coming/attending any event I have. I will turn you around if you ring my door bell.

---
What
Melee Only.

---
When
Mark your calendars!

- Tues May 18th Smashfest -
- Thur May 20th Smashfest -
- Tues May 25th Smashfest -
- Thur May 27th Smashfest -

- Tues June 1st Smashfest -
- Thur June 3rd Smashfest -
- Satr June 5th Tourney -
- Tues June 8th Smashfest -
- Thur June 10th Smashfest -

- Thur July 8th Smashfest -
- Satr July 10th Tourney -
- Tues July 13th Smashfest -
- Thur July 15th Smashfest -
- Satr July 17th Tourney -
- Tues July 20th Smashfest -
- Thur July 22nd Smashfest -
- Satr July 24th Tourney -

- Thur July 2th Smashfest -
- Satr July 31 Tourney -

APEX

SAKURAI

Smashfests start at 3pm and end when I tell you to leave. If you'd like to come earlier, ask.
Tournaments start at 12pm. Do not come earlier than 11am. If everyone is timely we can usually start doubles by 1pm. Expect tournaments to end at 8 - 10pm, depending on attendance.

---
Where
425 Luthin Rd
Oak Brook, IL 60523

You can come from 294, 55, 83, Ogden, etc. Use google maps. The Metra BNSF line runs from Chicago to HINSDALE where you can catch a ride from a fellow smasher (YOU MUST GIVE ADVANCE).

Everything, once again, is in the basement. No ****ing house exploring.
New 8/9: No eating in the basement. You guys have lost privileges.

You must park on the close side and only the close side of the street to my house. If cars are parked on both sides, **** gets messy (and neighbors complain).

---
Why
I am hosting weeklies and tournaments to raise money for an OoS bonus for Sakurai 3 (August 21st). The link is at the bottom of the thread.

README
As an incentive for more setups, all players who do not bring one are required to make a donation. A full setup is a gamecube, disc, and tv and counts towards one player. The required donation is no less than $1 and $5 for Smashfests and Tourneys, respectively. This is a hard and fast rule and I will ask you to leave if you have a problem with it.

I encourage everyone to bring what they can, because it is all for your enjoyment. I will keep track of the venue pot and attendance at the Vro Zone on this thread, which will come in handy for Sakurai. :)

As CykoFox and Rat have already done, it is permissible to leave a setup here, for future use. Brian and Nick have done so for the past month and have not paid venue fee because of it.

---
How
:confused:

Break any of these rules and I will kick you out:
1. Failure to take your shoes off when inside.
2. No house exploring.
3. Do not bring a setup and refuse to donate.
4. Make a mess.
5. Be disrespectful to me or my house.

I'm positive I'm forgetting something.

GET READY FOR SCSYN 3!

Vro

Smash Lord
The Vro Zone has collected $190.

Attendance:

5/18
Kels, Trail, Tink, BigC, Sveet, RzlDzl

5/20
CykoFox, Trail, Cunning, John9Blue, Tink, BigC

5/25
CykoFox, Kels, Rat, Looshkin, Oro, Mooney, Fluid, Tink, BigC, Sveet

5/27
No Attendance

6/1
CykoFox, Eddie, Rat, Trail, Cunning, John9Blue, Tink, BigC, Quaz

6/3
Kels, Zeus, Dave, Reaper, Trail, Tink, CykoFox, Rat

6/5
Tink, Mundungu, Kels, Zjiin, Andrew, Nick, Andre, Brenden, Rat, Orly, Alcheato, John9Blue

6/8
Tink, DJ, iamthemicrowave, Cunning, Fro, Lance, Trail, Kels, CykoFox, Rat, Tre

6/10
Tink, BigC, Trail, Rat, John9Blue

7/8
Peef, CykoFox, John9Blue, Tink, ORLY, Dart, Andale, Rat, Sveet

7/10
DJ, iamthemicrowave, Tink, Gosu, Nub, Kfresh, Godli, Bounty, Peef, Andale, Sveet, Dart, Rat, John9Blue, Kels, Trail, Cunning, ORLY

7/13
Rat

7/15
John9Blue, Rat

7/17
bigleo55, Kels, Cykofox, Rat

7/20
bigleo55

7/22
Rat, CykoFox

7/24
FluxWolf, PC Chris, JJ, Dart, Tomacawk, Pron, Tink, Sveet, Rat, Kels, Nub, Godli, Matt R, Tom R, Kirkq, Alcheato, Daniel the Seraph, bigleo55, Jazzness, Good Dr, ORLY, John9Blue, CykoFox, Bigy, Shade

7/29
Jake
Bo

7/31
Mundungu
Tink
BigC

Attendance > 40% (Currently out of 19)
Rat: 69%
Tink: 64%
CykoFox: 48%
John9Blue: 43%
Kels: 43%
Trail: 37%

Players with Debt:
Quaz: $1

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
be careful with the 22nd, there are already 2 tournaments that day haha

Vro

Smash Lord
The only thing I see conflicting is MAS, which is interesting. I believe Webster is keeping track of points and whatnot, but the Melee turnout hasn't been so hot. I'm willing to keep it the same date (unless overwhelming disapproval) in order to set the Vro Zone into place. With past attendance being so high, I can see ourselves getting 20+ people by the 3rd or 4th tournament, which is something I doubt will happen at Websters until a big bonus appears.

We'll see

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
The only thing I see conflicting is MAS, which is interesting. I believe Webster is keeping track of points and whatnot, but the Melee turnout hasn't been so hot. I'm willing to keep it the same date (unless overwhelming disapproval) in order to set the Vro Zone into place. With past attendance being so high, I can see ourselves getting 20+ people by the 3rd or 4th tournament, which is something I doubt will happen at Websters until a big bonus appears.

We'll see
First bolded: My Melee tournies do pretty well in attendance. :mad:

Have you seen my tournament thread for this month? :dizzy:

Please reconsider the date for this month.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
vro, don't put the same dates as the MAS ones. those are pretty good and they help smash out quite a bit.

plus, you can have smashfests 2 times a week at your place anyway. those MAS tournies are once a month

Vro

Smash Lord
Word. I'll change my tournament to another Thursday smashfest. No hard feelings.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
woah its the vro zone. i'll try and organize some of the guys to come to one of these.

oh and there is probably something wrong with these dates

Tues May 18th Smashfest
Satr May 20th Smashfest
Tues May 25th Smashfest
Thur May 27th Smashfest

Vro

Smash Lord
lol, no. but i will contribute a few dollars for trail to be the brewmaster

ORLY

Smash Master
Ohhhhhhhh lahdy. Time for me to redeem myself at these!

My last showing was less than impressive.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I want to come to one of these. Vro, were you planning on continuing them past May? I know the rest of this month won't really work for me. I'm sure I can drag some other people from Purdue too.

dont forget *****es.

no exploring the house
Oh F that noise. If I'm coming I'm gonna go on a little scavenger hunt--exploring every nook and cranny of the place.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
I want to come to one of these. Vro, were you planning on continuing them past May? I know the rest of this month won't really work for me. I'm sure I can drag some other people from Purdue too.

Oh F that noise. If I'm coming I'm gonna go on a little scavenger hunt--exploring every nook and cranny of the place.
Yeah dude they will be going all summer, its what he did last year. I know me and DJ would like to come out here with you sometime Matt. Unfortunately I could only go if they are on the weekends, cuz i gotta work. I could do maybe one on a weekday.

Whats a nook and cranny?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Yeah dude they will be going all summer, its what he did last year. I know me and DJ would like to come out here with you sometime Matt. Unfortunately I could only go if they are on the weekends, cuz i gotta work. I could do maybe one on a weekday.
Ya that could work out. I'm sure I can drag Anthony along too.

Whats a nook and cranny?
OMG, you are the biggest nub. If you don't know what a nook and cranny is then don't even bother talking to me.

Vro

Smash Lord
Dart, I would house you but I don't plan on staying at my home in the suburbs outside of scheduled Vro Zones. This'd be much easier if you smoked and were down to come to my place in the city. I can't just extend this offer to anyone tho, I'm sure you can understand. PM me if you want to talk more

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
Eh well. I'm broke so I can't take the Metra out to Oak Brook (and then have money to donate on top of that). Maybe once for a special occasion.

Vro

Smash Lord
good news. my vacation to china has been set in stone, so now i can mark more Vro Zones!

Is there any interest in a tourney on June 5th and/or June 12th?

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
good news. my vacation to china has been set in stone, so now i can mark more Vro Zones!

Is there any interest in a tourney on June 5th and/or June 12th?
Who the hell goes on a vacation to China? I mean i can only sit and drink so many Tsung Taos on the great wall before i start to get bored.....

Jayford

Smash Lord
I'm only 3 1/2 hours away. So I could drive 2 hours for Barwl or 3 1/2 hours for a Vro Zone. I most likely am going to spend an hour running away playing Brawl. So might as well drive here for Melee : D.

Vro

Smash Lord
so can everyone who's coming say something so i can get an idea of attendance?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'll be coming to as many as i can. once i know my work schedule i'll tell you which ones i'll be at.

Top Bottom