• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs game n watch

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I do get that down trow infinite works, and his shield sucks too, but for some reason, I can't approach him cuz of his fair. So, I want to know what do you do against a pro GnW? how to approach him and what stages is he good/bad at. and I know that you can't beat his parachute but not sure about his back air and fair.

-peace

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
Nair is good for spacing/approaching not to risky. also running up shielding then stomp him intot grab or knee. careful of his uptilt such high priority.

as for stages i like to play FD because you can 0-death him with chaingrabs and finish it with a knee. and if kongo jungle is aloud its good imo.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
new finding

-if GnW dthrows you, Di away. if he uptrow you, DI Up.
-back air does work!
-down trow, nair, upair knee combo works.
-GnW utilt is DUMB like it will negate raptor boost, knees and stuff.
-GnW fair has dumb priority as well...I think.

I am not sure about Gnw bair, I know that his uair is stupid.

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
Pretend you are playing against a weak Marth. If you can do the Marth matchup you can deal with a character with a decent but worse fair, worse fsmash, worse grab range, worse shield, slower, easy to combo and dies early.

I am sure they are smart enough to read the dash dance...so when they land, they probably down tilt (that sewer lid thing)
Even with lcancelomg the fair they still have lag and you can grab them in it if you are on spot.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, G&W is a bad character. You can get in on him easily. Just play slower and don't fall for his tricks. You can combo the **** out of him.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Man, you gotta figure it out for yourself. It's a self-explanatory easy matchup for falcon. You are way more mobile than G&W, his shield sucks, he's super easy to combo, and he dies early. He's probably getting you with the same gimmicky crap over and over, analyze what he's doing and then implement a solution.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
I think I got the hang of the match now. I been playing H-box's GnW and other friends so I believe i know what to do now. Even though his gnw is different from the one I get beat by...

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Kuya's Game and Watch is f*cking stoopid.

That's who this thread's about, ain't it? haha
His fair even beats my marth's fair.

but yea, when I play kuya in my near-daily friendlies as falcon, bairs seem to be better if you're landing from high up on him. only use the knee at the end of a combo.

grabbed by g n w = gayness

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If you get grabbed and they can D-throw CG, just accept that you've died.

99.9% of GaWs don't know they can D-throw CG FFers though so you should be safe.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
if you get in on him...throw out knees...either they will hit him off the stage or if he shields it the shield breaks in 2 or 3 knees hahah and then look for rolls

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
go like youre gonna dd grab after the fair

then hes gonna give you the shakey floor, and just stomp him

do that once or twice, he'll be nervous about doing the shakey floor, and just shield some, then you can grab him

watch out for the parachute

edit: kirbykaze, your post implies that there are 1000 game and watch players. be real now

PEEF!

Smash Hero
go like youre gonna dd grab after the fair

then hes gonna give you the shakey floor, and just stomp him

do that once or twice, he'll be nervous about doing the shakey floor, and just shield some, then you can grab him

watch out for the parachute

edit: kirbykaze, your post implies that there are 1000 game and watch players. be real now
POST OF THE YEAR.

I laughed at this for probably 5 minutes straight literally.

SHAKEY FLOOR HAHAHAHA

Then I was just thinking about the 99.9% meaning 1000 players and boom you nailed it hahahahaah

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Hahaha! How'd I miss "shakey floor"?
ha

I stop trying to DI out of his chaingrab either as a mindgame(like sprinkle it in) or I just give up from the start.

Just be patient and don't rush in like the testosterone-filled Falcon main you are.

j00t

Smash Champion
gnw has dthrow chaingrab on Falcon, as well as upthrow chaingrab on FD if you DI away. If you DI up then GnW can just uptilt you for funsies.

if the GnW is patient then it is harder for Falcon to approach, but just dashdance camp and grab and you'll be fine. You have to be just outside of GnW's range in order to punish his moves. If you mindgame him into uptilting then you can grab before he dtilts you and stuff. If he wiffs a dtilt then you can stomp him and destroy his 2D existence with knee.

GnW's bair is just as good as his fair in terms of outprioritizing Falcon's moves. And also, I'm pretty sure GnW can DI out of Falcon's dthrow to avoid his next grab. Not too sure on that though (I don't play many Falcons).

Scar $1 MM GnW vs. Falcon? :p

@kirbykaze: The reason you don't see GnW dthrow chaingrab is that it is hella hard to do at low percents. You aren't gonna be able to do it on FD (where it is easier because you have uthrow chaingrab as well) is because Fox, Falco and Falcon will probably ban it against you. You have to react perfectly to do it from 0%-50%.

j00t

Smash Champion
He can still dthrow chaingrab you on any stage, it's just a good bit harder.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
gnw has dthrow chaingrab on Falcon, as well as upthrow chaingrab on FD if you DI away. If you DI up then GnW can just uptilt you for funsies.

if the GnW is patient then it is harder for Falcon to approach, but just dashdance camp and grab and you'll be fine. You have to be just outside of GnW's range in order to punish his moves. If you mindgame him into uptilting then you can grab before he dtilts you and stuff. If he wiffs a dtilt then you can stomp him and destroy his 2D existence with knee.

GnW's bair is just as good as his fair in terms of outprioritizing Falcon's moves. And also, I'm pretty sure GnW can DI out of Falcon's dthrow to avoid his next grab. Not too sure on that though (I don't play many Falcons).

Scar $1 MM GnW vs. Falcon? :p

@kirbykaze: The reason you don't see GnW dthrow chaingrab is that it is hella hard to do at low percents. You aren't gonna be able to do it on FD (where it is easier because you have uthrow chaingrab as well) is because Fox, Falco and Falcon will probably ban it against you. You have to react perfectly to do it from 0%-50%.
Oh hell yea >.< I really can't tell if GnW is dtrow or upthrow, but yea, gnw does has a chaingrab, so...I usualy go to a stage where there platform and stuff.

Yes, I learn it by playing kuya and I woun't mind playing him some more so I can learn this match up. and yea, patience is the key against a really good GnW other wise...get nined?

that is true, I found GnW back air is retarted in any way..but I think Up air out prioritize it?
GnW can Di out of it but he can get grabed still. I think he can escape at certain persentage?

lol...record that match? I wanna see it.

thanks for the tip!

Peace

Top Bottom