• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs. Lukario

tubbspeterson

Smash Rookie
So Ive been playing as Ike for quite a while now and the one character that i seem to have trouble with is lukario. Using his projectile he can prevent Ike from approaching with quick draw and lukario seems to be better in the air then Ike so it is difficult to get in and hit him without getting interupted.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
toy with him and abuse that nair.

Just bait him out, you can do this by empty short hopping, dashing shield, or running and then side stepping it. Just keep him on his toes and avoid using the quick draw as an approach.

Listen to what the people here have to say.

Tamis2Hamis

Smash Rookie
Hey tubbspeterson,
I just got done playing against a friend of mine who used nothing but Lucario and myself being Ike.

What TheJalapeno said is not bad. I would also suggest jumping and trying to hit him with your fair. Using Ike's A combo also works great once you can get in close. Using Quick Draw is not going to be a good approach unless you use it in the air or on a platform of a different height than Lucario. Short jump forward + air dodge is a good plan if you can get if off efficiently to approach and avoid attacks.

Other than that, watch out for the range on all of his attacks, his Aura can get you where you least expect it. Lucario's air game is pretty strong, watch out for his quick and powerful air attacks (counter with a fair or dodge). If you start pushing a good offense, don't be afraid to get a solid forward or up smash to finish him before his aura gets too strong; Just don't leave yourself open for punishment!

Good luck!

Vro

Smash Lord
If you keep him above you, he has poor downward priority, while Ike's disjointed hitboxes excel above him. Running Usmashes or Q.Draw > Utilt is effective. Just don't fight him in the air, for his speed will overpower you. Keep yourself on the ground, and you'll be fine.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
Important things to know:
-Ike's fist (jab) cancels uncharged aura spheres.
-His sword can cancel charged spheres.
-Lucario's up-b has no hitboxes, it deals no damage, hitstun, knockback, nothin. So its relatively safe to edgehog him.

A fight with Lucario WILL become a space/dodgefest unless the Lucario player is aggressive.

Because of this, DON'T ROLL TOWARDS HIM WHEN HE SPAMS HIS AURA SPHERE. Just keep canceling them out. Force him to become the attacker.

Ike outranges Lucario. He has more power.

Just keep trading blows. Play patiently, very patiently. if you both exchanged one hit in every encounter, he would be the first to fall every time.

Don't get hit by his dair. If he tries to dair you, aether.

Top Bottom