• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

W.I.M.P.S tourney 4/11/09 Racine, WI

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
pff what.. there's still like a full week until this... is your car still having transmission problems or is that someone else's car?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
hunger i see what you mean. the problem is, i have 6 tournaments to run that day and with racine having tekken6: br things are going to get a bit crowded. and our tournament space at the arcade is somewhat limited.

but if everyone brings enough set ups we can do whatever you guys want.

i do indeed have singles set before teams but if more people wanna do doubles first we can just switch the times scheduled for singles doubles.

tbh, my tournaments have had a much greater attendence for singles vs. doubles. but hopefully that'll change on the 21st.

TOURNAMENT INFO UPDATED!!!

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
meh i'd like doubles before singles.. that way i wouldn't be doing two singles tournaments because after this i'm probably going to the cyber arena if there is time. lol

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
k majority wants doubles before singles. so well start doubles in between 11:30 and noon. singles we'll start at round 2pm to get it going.

norm u know i heart u.

please bring people if possible...

thanks man.

sheik: what was that vid? are u still showing up?

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
k majority wants doubles before singles. so well start doubles in between 11:30 and noon. singles we'll start at round 2pm to get it going.

norm u know i heart u.

please bring people if possible...

thanks man.

sheik: what was that vid? are u still showing up?
awesome webster. you're the best.
so who wants to partner with me? lol

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
also can you remove onett, distant planet, and green hill zone?

(there are other ones i'd rather not have but are fine for tournament play.)

if you don't no big deal, they are just annoying to play on and have some stupid stuff to them.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
anyone disagree? remember, I just pulled the rules from FBT6 you guys.

i'll give it til tomorrow. if no one disagrees then those stages norm requested are gone.

cuz i think they're stupid too...lol

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
huh.. these are the stages for FTB6

Starter Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island,
Counter Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Corneria, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens

@_@; unless they changed sense you last checked webster.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
im pretty sure ours were from the SBR. imo onett and green hill zone suck so I wouldn't mind at all if they were taken off. Distant plant idk, i dont really mind so whatever *shrgu*

folk!

Smash Apprentice
seems like this gonna be a good one. Il hit u up this week Webster we need to get on some game and chill. Norm we are def playin some friendlies! Bring set ups people I hate the sc2 set up.do we have a rough number of teams yet???

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
k final update is up. i hope to see you all there.

as folk said, this tournament is going to be pretty big. don't forget there is a lock in this day as well. $10 all games are on free play after 8pm til 3am. and we will be running tournaments during the lock in as well.

this tournament is in prepreation for the big one in march at FBT6. so hopefully certian people come to this and kick our *****...

so we can learn more about snake (I can deal with metaknight) and why he's so **** cheap...LOLZ!

I suck, I know...:sad:

LG7

Smash Apprentice
I'm excited for this! Going to actually see how my Samus does in Tournies now. :D

And if there are Doubles... I need a teammate. :S
Anybody? lol

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
hmm i just realized TvC was being run here.. i might have to enter.

though i dunno for sure.. sense cyber arena.. we'll just have to wait and see.

Kirk

Smash Champion
lol norm...it'll be one or the other for that one. You probably won't have time to do TvC here AND make the trip back to Cyber Arena.

And yeah, I think the plan for me atm is to attend this...and hope singles ends soon enough to go to cyber arena afterward. :o

It shall be a CRAZY day. Exciting!

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
lol it will be interesting going from this to the cyber arena. just hope enough people bring set ups.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
cosmo where do you live anyways? if its on the way and i have room in my car sure, but i'm not sure how many i'm bringing with me. i still need to talk to ITF (ignore the fire) about who is going and stuff.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
i have a ton of stuff to do even if I can get a ride idk if it would be a smart thing to do at this point :|
lol i can give you a ride if you can get to like a gas station near the highway (94 or 294) but i'm also going to the cyber arena afterward so i don't know if you really want to come with me.

also ook this means i can also pick you up. i'm just not exactly sure where you live.

Quaz

Smash Master
its supposed to start snowing later tonight at like midnight and keep constantly snowing until 6:00 PM the next day =|

I might show up early to hang out for a bit before I go to work, depending on how bad the roads are.

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
I may not play be playing brawl (lack of funds)

I really want too try the new Street Fighter for myself before I get the 360 version.

"Tatsunoko vs. Capcom"

=O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
LOL! yeah i always though anthony, that when u learned that viewtiful joe was in TvC, you'd probably wind up buying/getting that game. :bee:

see you all in a couple of hours...

Top Bottom