• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Smash Wars 2008 W Round 1 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
West Bracket available here: www.smashboards.com/smashwars/brackets/west.htm

Post all match results for round one here.

ALL ROUND ONE MATCHES ARE DUE AT 3:00PM EASTERN. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Round 2 is due at 3:45.

Please format your posts as follows:

Yourname beats Theirname, 3-2

or,

Yourname loses to Theirname, 2-3

Please keep this thread clear of matchmaking requests. Use PMs, instant messenger or chatrooms to connect with your opponent. There is also a discussion thread.

Again, refs will be available all day, starting at 2pm Eastern, in the AIM chatroom "Smash Wars" and "Smash Wars Brackets".

RULES:

Singles - Rules
1v1 Battle
No Spectators (except referees, if necessary) allowed
Best 3 out of 5 matches (first to win three matches wins)
2 Stock
No time limit/sudden death
Items: OFF (includes Smash Balls)
Character Selection: Always double-blind

Stage Selection
In each battle, both players will select a preferred stage from the list of legal options. The game will then choose the stage based on those selections.

Legal Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Distant Planet
Battleship Halberd
Bridge of Eldin
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Brinstar
Corneria
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Skyworld
Pictochat
Electroplankton
Shadow Moses Island
Castle Seige
Green Hill Zone
Mario Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
Onett

Banned Stages
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Donkey Kong 75m
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Wario Ware
The Summit
Mario Bros.
New Pork City
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Big Blue
Jungle Japes

Stalling:
Excessive stalling is defined as using any glitch or tactic to make your character completely untouchable by an opponent for an excessive amount of time. Using such tactics will result in a match forfeit. Players must submit video evidence to demonstrate that this rule has been violated for the referee to rule in their favor. Also, please note that running away within the normal bounds play or camping ledges does not constitute stalling.

Lag:
No Johns. Lag is not an acceptable excuse for quitting out of a game. A player that quits out during gameplay without the permission of a referee will automatically forfeit that game. Video evidence must be submitted to a referee to prove that this rule has been broken for the forfeit to go into effect. Without video proof, players must complete the match.

Video:
All players are encouraged to record every single match and save those files until the opponent has properly reported the results. Video files can be used as proof in the event that an opponent cheats or lies.

Referees:
Referee contact information will be posted with each pool. Players should only contact referees in the case of a rule violation and they must present video evidence in this instance. Any disrespect or harassing of referees will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification. Referee rulings are final.

Well, unless CrenTISco gets back on the boards and sees the PM I sent him with my friend code within the next 15 minutes, I may have to drop out. I am going to church and will not be back until 1:30, so yea. I can't do the round 1 match unless I come home early, which isn't likely. I'd be a half hour late. Oh well...sigh.

Erich is dropping out of the tournament.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Same here Erich. I must Drop out as well.

methinkso

Smash Apprentice
Were you up against one of the above two CrenTISc0? If so, then you basically get a bye and advance to round 2.

Rock Man X

Maverick Hunter
CrenTIScO, you just advance to the next round, simple as that.

I'm looking for Chrono917. Apparently he hasn't been online since last night around 9. Does anyone know him or has seen him? With lots of people missing for other pools I'm starting to think a lot of people didn't know the tournament was continuing into today. Chrono, if you see this I'm waiting for your response.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
So what happens if our opponent won't reply or seems to just be away? Do we have to have proof that we tried to contact them on AIM or by PM's with no response?

maelstrom99

Smash Apprentice
Pima is not available at the moment and I've tried to contact him, but to no avail.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
So what happens if our opponent won't reply or seems to just be away? Do we have to have proof that we tried to contact them on AIM or by PM's with no response?
if your opponent does not show, but but you do, you advance.
trying to contact them is the right thing to do, but if they have no contact info or you cant get ahold of them, it's not really your problem.

Charoo

Smash Champion
i hope my opponents comeback to play me soon

KosukeKGA

aim: xuerarit

2578-2812-0344

Perfect_Edge

Smash Cadet
I can't seem to reach Hylian. He PMed me a while ago. I got on about 9:00 PST and PMed him back saying I could play. He's been offline ever since. I gave him my aim if he needed it but I don't know his. It's 11:27 PST now and I'm still waiting for him. I've only got 30 more minutes. ;_;

Bozzar

Smash Rookie
No word from Blunted_object yet, waiting on aim and on brawl, its almost halfway through the round time so i'm just posting my update. If he shows ill edit in the results.

Update: 2:50 and still no contact on brawl, aim or PM.

Update: Bozzar defeats Blunted_object10- No show.

Rock Man X

Maverick Hunter
It's halfway through the time alotted for first round and my opponent Chrono917 has still not shown. I've sent 3 PMs in the past couple hours as well as added him to my messenger, but still nothing. Just posting my status on this matchup.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
My opponent (Gojira) is online now, but he's not replying to my PMs. Hopefully he'll hurry so we can get our matches going.

I'll edit this and post the results he we play our matches.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
20 mins left and my opponent (Super Tito) has still not replied to my IM. I'm trying to contact him on AIM and have been for the past hour and a half, but he will not respond.

maelstrom99

Smash Apprentice
Pima has not contacted me at all and doesn't look like he will since he was last on the boards yesterday night. His MSN has not responded or anything. So it looks like I might be getting a bye-in.

methinkso

Smash Apprentice
10 minutes left and my opponent has still not showed up. He is not signed onto AIM and he has not responded to my PM. So I'm just gonna go ahead and call it.

methinkso beats RoK the Reaper, (No Contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom