• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

W3X SmashZone Battles: SWF Tournament!

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
Announcing W3X's SmashZone Battles: Smash World Forums Tournament!

W3X (World 3-X) is the online side of the in-development organisation "World 3 Gaming" which provides online services, events, and tournaments for online gaming communities and sites. By going site to site offering our services, we hope to help bring alive the competitive gaming scene as well as more competitive players while offering a great experience for our contenders.

Tournament Info

Date: Thursday July 21st 2011 7:30pm EST

Where: Here, SWF on this Forum and in Chat.

How to register: To register, simply post your SSBB Friendcode, along with your SSBB name. (NOTE) - Please check with your schedule before registering and do not register if you think you will not be able to attend, this will help the tournament run smoothly and provide a better experience for those who are attending.

Signup Deadline: July 20th @ 6:30pm EST

Contact TO: Send me a msg here on SmashBoards, or an email at W3X_Glake@hotmail.com

Tournament Prize: Depending on the amount of entrants the top 1-3 winners will be eligible to enter our year end W3X SSBB SWF Online tournament for a chance to win some awesome prizes. Along with much recognition.

Tournament Rules

-No Characters are Banned

- 3 Stock, 8minutues

- Absolutely NO ITEMS! All players must have their game settings set to this

- No hacks of any sort, if I find you are using them it's an auto DQ from the tourney and a no entry into any of my future tourneys. I will also gossip really bad thing about you.

-Bracket Type: Double Elimination

-Stalling is Forbidden

Stage List:

Battlefield - Winners Semi Finals & Losers Semi Finals
Final Destination - Grand Finals Winner and Losers
Smashville - Starting Winners Bracket
Yoshi's Island - Starting Losers Bracket

(Yes this is wayyy different from the standard rules. But we do things differently for the online tournaments)

- All matches will be played best 2/3 with the exception of losers Finals, and Winners grand finals which will be played best 3/5

-Matches will be announced here on this Thread, as well as in the chat room.

-Users have 8minutes to set their match up with their opponent, any longer may result in a DQ. (Please be sure you game setting are set correctly to the rules)

Chat

I have also provided a chat made specifically for tournament purposes only. This may allow things to run much smoother and faster, as well as quicker match up announcements, and such. To get into the chat simply make a post on the day of the tournament and I will accept you in (this way randoms cannot join) If you do decide to use the chat, please make your name either your SWF username or something close to it.

Chat Room Link

Hope to see you all here ^_^

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
Ha, I think SmashBaords online competitive scene is starting too die out a bit =( Hopefully we get some more sign ups coming in. Spread the word!

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
ill do it if im not booked that night, ill know that week....

i have music and texture hacks, no gameplay/engine mods at all

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Poor stage rule making. You're completely ruining a very important part of the metagame not allowing us to strike and CP our stages. Also no hacks allowed is very stupid too. Hacks don't even ruin the games outcome unless they're using something outrageous like giga bowser or wario man. Generally though texture hacks and music hacks won't mess with anything important in the games outcome. :193:

Sephy95

Smash Lord
So if we use hax of any sorts, ya basically DQ us, ok and............talk about us? Thats very mean. I don't think I can handle being gossiped about. I'll probably cry. B[

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Oh yah you also never mentioned how many people can even sign up to the tourney! I think that's a very important part of tourney making don't you think? :193:

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
Poor stage rule making. You're completely ruining a very important part of the metagame not allowing us to strike and CP our stages. Also no hacks allowed is very stupid too. Hacks don't even ruin the games outcome unless they're using something outrageous like giga bowser or wario man. Generally though texture hacks and music hacks won't mess with anything important in the games outcome. :193:
If you don't like the stage rules then don't sign up. How I see it these are all neutral stages where pretty much any competitive smash player can adjust and play on. There are just no counter picks forcing you to adjust to your player on the stage you are playing on. Honestly, I see this as a more getting better on the long run instead of running away from your problems in the game and counter picking. Would help to make you a better player don't you think? That's what I aim for with these tournament rules but I am as well listening to you all and if you all believe counter picking is better in the long run I'll re-consider for the next tournament :)

Also there is no limit, considering this may not even surpass 20 entries and besides it's an online tournament everything should be fine. I will sat that if we do not have at least 6 signups I will cancel the event.

By hacks I meant anything that would ruin the game, sorry I wasn't clear on that. I really don't know how any of these new hacks affect the game of what not, but just as long as you are not doing anything that will affect your opponents gameplay I will allow it.

@Sephy95 It was obviously a joke :) or was it? You should be fine as long as you're not doing anything that will affect your opponents gameplay.

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
I apologize on behalf of the inconvenience, but I have decided I will be switching the W3X Smash Tourneys over to AiB for various reasons. Thank you too the few players who signed up, if any of you may still be interested in competing, you can find us (World 3 Gaming) over on AiB.

Thanks guys, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Top Bottom