• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

W3X's Brawl it out Monthlies! Tournament #1"Sign Ups closed! Making Bracket & Thread"

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
W3X's Brawl it Out Monthly Tournament #1 Saturday March 19th! @3:30pm EST Time!

After a long while from being away from the competitive Smash Scene as well as fully retiring from the game, I have come back to help contribute to the community that has been the root of my passion for competitive gaming today. By here announcing the World 3-X Brawl it Out Monthly Tournaments. I hope to be able to prove 2000 WiiPoints to the winner of this Tourney but it is not officially confirmed yet. These tournaments will run every month until the end of year, as in search to bring out some of the best players on SmashBoards to compete in a end of the season tournament for some cool prizes!

Rules

Without further a due, here are the SSBB rules for the 1st monthly tournament!

• Tournament will be played by "3 Stock with 8 mintues per match"
  • Matches will be played best 2 out of 3 Losers & Winner Finals will be played best 3 out of 5
  • Brackets will be set by Double Elimination
  • Entrants have at max 8 mintues to get their setup/started after I have announced their match
  • Once plyers have completed there 2/3 set the Winner of the Set must tell they one so I can continue with the bracket
  • ALL ITEMS ARE BANNED!!! =D
  • All Entrants must post there SSBB FriendCodes and SmashBoard username on this thread for matches and brackets.
  • Please no stalling! I'd like this to run as smooth as possible, if you fail to get on with your match you may be DQ'ed
  • If you are using the chat room (which I highly suggest) for finding your matchup, please use your SmashBoards username to avoid any possible confusion.
  • All users are responsible to have all items off, 3 stock set, stages setup, and time set for 8 mintues before their match is called!

Stages

BattleField
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Halberd

ANY STAGE NOT LISTED HERE IN BANNED! SO SET YOUR GAME SETTING ACCORDINGLY. BOTH PLAYERS MAY SELECT ANY OF THESE GIVEN STAGES, THE STAGE THE SYSTEM SELECTS WILL BE THE STAGE THAT WILL BE PLAYED ON!

That concludes all of the rules for this tourney! Users have until Thursday March 17th 5pm EST to sign up here on the thread! It is highly recommended you use the Xat Chatroom for match announcements, it will make things much easier! Though I will have a separate thread up on the week of the tourney specifically for announcing matches! Users it is your job to get your opponents friendcodes on time!

Tourney Chat!

If you have any additional questions feel free to PM me here on SB or email me at GlakeMicoleRiuno@yahoo.com

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
Link reserved

Reserved for Tournament Match thread link.

Edit: Here in the link to the match up thread. I will be using this for posting the matches of the tourney on the 19th, as well as announcing the matches in the chat.

Match Up Thread

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
This sounds like awesome idea!! Usually I can't enter live online tourny's 'cause I can't be on the computer and Wii at the same time. Wiinet doesn't show Xat and I have no laptop. Although, the seperate thread for match announcements sounds great for me!!

Sign me up!
Mi]{e]{irbY/0303-5969-3308

Hmmm also, if I can understand this correctly; you want both players to pick one of those stages allowed (no PS1 :() and whichever the stage the game chooses, the players brawl on?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Very interesting for your first two posts.

I'll join these.

Zatch./ Glo-W/ 0775-5183-3817/ :pt: :ike:

mynameisstevenn

Smash Rookie
what is xat? i would like to join but i currently don't have my wii or friend code, i can get back on that.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
I would join but I live in the west so if it is 5:00 it would be 2:00 in western time but if you extent the time to 7:00 est then it would be 4:00 for me so then I can do the match in time if you agree I will join.
so are you not or yes.

And many people are in this tournament?

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
This sounds like awesome idea!! Usually I can't enter live online tourny's 'cause I can't be on the computer and Wii at the same time. Wiinet doesn't show Xat and I have no laptop. Although, the seperate thread for match announcements sounds great for me!!

Sign me up!
Mi]{e]{irbY/0303-5969-3308

Hmmm also, if I can understand this correctly; you want both players to pick one of those stages allowed (no PS1 :() and whichever the stage the game chooses, the players brawl on?
Usually in most tournaments TO's would have counter picking instead, it's been awhile since I've actually reviewed all the standard Tournament rules. But yes two stages are selected, the stage that is chosen is the one the players will play on. I did this to avoid any confusion and to help bring out a little more skill level in this tourney.

what is xat? i would like to join but i currently don't have my wii or friend code, i can get back on that.
In short, Xat is pretty much the webs most popular chat room hosting site where users can create a separate chat box, on a separate page to invite friends, or other Xat members to. This chat box on the other hand is customized so it is not listed on the sites public chat boxes.

I would join but I live in the west so if it is 5:00 it would be 2:00 in western time but if you extent the time to 7:00 est then it would be 4:00 for me so then I can do the match in time if you agree I will join.

And many people are in this tournament?
I'm sorry, as of now I have no intention of changing the time =( 2pm your time? That's not to early, it's on a Saturday as well so you wouldn't have school. If more users begin to complain about the time I'll consider changing it before the week of the tourney, for now the time stays. Try to plan accordingly . As of now seems like 3 people are interested in signing up. These tournaments will be monthly so if you cannot attend this one, worry not because there will more likely be one next month as long as nothing drastic happens in my personal life that would cause me from holding it haha.

Also to those who may be curious, I am not new to this website, this is just a new account after a long break from being away from here as well as the Smash Scene in general. I basically come back to support, hold tourneys, get tournament holding experience, have fun etc.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
SHOULD be able to make this. One of the rare cases of being off on a Saturday
Cubone/Qbone/ 1892-5519-8814/:rob: :gw: :pikachu2: :diddy:

@bringing more skill by abandoning CPs
Yep, losing game 1 then getting stage CPed requires loads more skill
No really, it does, if you can win the set after losing game1 and getting cped once or maybe even twice it requires sooooo much skill /endrant

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
SHOULD be able to make this. One of the rare cases of being off on a Saturday
Cubone/Qbone/ 1892-5519-8814/:rob: :gw: :pikachu2: :diddy:

@bringing more skill by abandoning CPs
Yep, losing game 1 then getting stage CPed requires loads more skill
No really, it does, if you can win the set after losing game1 and getting cped once or maybe even twice it requires sooooo much skill /endrant

Awesome, I hope to see you here!

I probably shouldn't have used skill for that phrase. In other words I meant something along the lines of, allowing the computer to choose the stage would benefit more prepared players that have had more experience on the chosen stage, more of a practice practice on these stages type of things. Not so much skill, but whatever you wanna think of it as I guess.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Let's get some more sign ups going! =D
Try not to double post. To help, you might want to add "Accepting Registrations", in addition to how many entrants you have currently with ratio to how many entrants you need before you start the monthlies.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I'm not sure but I think one can double post if it's to bump a thread once a day. Unless I am thinking of another forum.

Anyways, HYPE!

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure but I think one can double post if it's to bump a thread once a day. Unless I am thinking of another forum.

Anyways, HYPE!

It's all good, just as long as a huge discussion doesn't start going on I'm fine with any bumps!

janne_837

Smash Cadet
Would be great if you do not change the time because it would be too late in Germany in this case... But 3.30 EST would be great :)

janne_837/JANNE/4770-5431-0836/:falcon::olimar:

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
Would be great if you do not change the time because it would be too late in Germany in this case... But 3.30 EST would be great :)

janne_837/JANNE/4770-5431-0836/:falcon::olimar:

Don't worry the time will remain constant. As of now I have no plans to change it.

DanTheMan_837

Smash Rookie
DanTheMan_837/DANNY/4770-5431-0836/:ganondorf::samus2::wolf::falcon:

I am the brother from janne_837 so we share the same Brawl FC :)

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
When is this tournament going to start and how many entants are there going to be?
All the info is on the first post, the tournament is on March 19th. Lord knows how many more sign ups I will get.

Fixed.

10fixed
The stage list is roughly all of the Neutral stages you would normally see in a standard Tournament minus the counter-pick stages. I don't see the problem here..

MechaWave / Mecha / 2580-0420-7974 :peach:

I'll be the first to lose. =D
Don't say that, you just might win =D

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
Don't listen to Q, he's an idiot when it comes to stages

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
Because there seems to be a decrease in Wi-Fi tournaments... sadly.

That's no good, gotta try and bring em back!

Well I see Cubone here so I doubt it.

Also, for the majority of the rules, you could have copied BBR's Recommended Ruleset like everyone does.
Well for this first tournament, I wanted to try and make things as simple as possible just because for one, this is the first officail one I am hosting on SmashBoards, and 2 I have no idea how people usually go about following the rules for online tournaments here. If this one is successful, then next time I'll consider going the standard rules route.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Because there seems to be a decrease in Wi-Fi tournaments... sadly.

Well I see Cubone here so I doubt it.

Also, for the majority of the rules, you could have copied BBR's Recommended Ruleset like everyone does.
I'm not good at this game. I also won't be able to make this if it was missed the first time. Gotta work :c

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
oh right, add Ganon to my character list. I need a sandbag char if I ever have to play lota.

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
I'm not exactly sure how to send PM"s to everyone at the same time like a link PM but I could do it separately, just might take awhile.

Also on Thursday when the sign ups are cut off, I will be making the match up thread and I'll post everyone's user name, with their FC so it will be easier for you all to add eachother.

Top Bottom