• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
You can SJC into C.Viper's Ultra I from Cr/St. Jab (LP), Cr/St. Strong (MP) Cr/St. Fierce (HP) Cr/St. Forward (MK).

Go on, Pete; ask me another question on the internet that has Google.

Derp.

EDIT: The Derp needed more build up so I added more spaces.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Man, if you haven't yet, watch Yahtzee's review. It's his best yet. :D

True Romance

Smash Ace
Plan on holding a little multi game tourney for lols on Sunday.

Games are tentatively set as,

Smash
SF4
BB
Melty
SF2
*Twinkle Queen* - As hilarious as I think a Twinkle Queen tourney would be, if there's enough interest I'm happy to replace this with TvC
Munchkin

Points will be awarded for your performance in each game, overall victor has bragging rights, and possibly tea bagging rights over last place.

All brackets will be randomly generated, all participants must play all games (it's for lols, man up) and there shall be consumption of alcoholic beverages involved.

You've been warned.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I would be down, but we've got DnD on Sunday, and as our GM's going back to Hong Kong to live the week after, kinda can't miss it :c

MTGod

Smash Champion
Oh.
My.
Gawd.
It's Tails.
How long for :D?

And yep I'm definitely in for that! I'm confident that I'll place middle of the pack in all of those games, which I'm intrigued to see if it will thrust me to the top of the leaderboard or not :p That being said, chances are high that I'll be sleep deprived, hungover and raging at Sunday drivers by the time I get there, so who knows?

True Romance

Smash Ace
If I fluke a top 3 I'll be dissapointed in you guys.

Shouldn't let some Pilbara kid beat any one ;) I know I'm amazing but I hope Perth hasn't slipped in my absence ^_^

True Romance

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, but this deserves a extra one.

WHAT TIME WOULD EVERYONE LIKE TO START?!

I realise some of us are doing things that Saturday night and will probably be feeling a bit seedy Sunday morning (I'll be amongst you) but I think we should all have a shot of concrete and try to start round 10am.

Remembering I've proven you actually play better whilst hung over/still slightly under the influence from the previous night. So it's like a scientific fact now.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I'll be available from whenever to whenever, so 10am is easy for me.

Also, dw, I'll practice up some Hsien-ko to entertain you in a game that isn't ****.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well I don't mind playing hungover (though my hangovers are pretty mild due to me overeating when I drink), I'm more worried for my ability to navigate the freeway traffic from Aubin Grove to Merriwa under the influence ;) This'll probably mean I'll be catching the train, in which case I'd love for someone to come grab me from the station up there :D

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
dont know, probs about a year.
get to career and life **** sorted.
whens next tourney? :)
Squuueee my best buds returned to me!
And sorry guys definantly can't make Sunday. Got called up and I'm stuck covering the day shift supervisor.

Really can't wait till I no longer work weekends

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I won't be able to stay the whole time because I'll actually need a good night sleep before I drive down for leavers, but since I just got my P's today, I should be able to drive myself to Kane's and back so I'll be able to stay kinda late.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I won't be able to stay the whole time because I'll actually need a good night sleep before I drive down for leavers, but since I just got my P's today, I should be able to drive myself to Kane's and back so I'll be able to stay kinda late.
And another beats me to getting my licence..

FUU I MISSED MY LEET POST COUNT ><

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
Guys I won't be able to make it sunday, im being a chaparone for leavers in mandurah (toolie) =P and im going down saturday night... Alcoholic beverage consumption at smashmeets?? what is this skylarking nonsense??!

Tails, my old doubles dude, how long are you here for?

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Guys I won't be able to make it sunday, im being a chaparone for leavers in mandurah (toolie) =P and im going down saturday night... Alcoholic beverage consumption at smashmeets?? what is this skylarking nonsense??!

Tails, my old doubles dude, how long are you here for?
holy crap braddles my man.
probs a year or so, not entirely sure.

MTGod

Smash Champion
So I got bored before work and wrote up the tourney post for OID3: check it out. Slightly modified the stagelist (welcoming back 7-stage starters, and opened all BBR stages for doubles legality, but no additional stages have been added to the legal in singles list). Also, at this event will be DORFBALL and the return of SC Singles (renamed from SSE Singles due to possible confusion :p). I realise it's a ways off, but I still have an hour to go before work :p

By having so many events I reckon we need at least 6 set-ups to finish on time. This means I need everyone to bring what they can. If we don't get enough set-ups on the day I may have to scrap an event which I really don't want to do. Let me know what you can bring closer to the day and I'll update the tourney post.

Also, this new system of adding tournaments - does it make the original Tourney Listings Thread redundant? Maybe we should get rid of it and just add Tournament Results to the OP of the Perth Smash Thread?

MTGod

Smash Champion
One million crickets would not be enough to emphasize the silence that ensued from your post.

Top Bottom