• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
AHHHHH! I just realised I have MUSE on the 19th D= when will the singles end roughly? I still might be able to attend, or for doubles at least.. There are a lot of things I would push aside for a brawl tournie, but sadly this is not one of those things.. I've been down south this week (where vivid is not so vivid) and I got back today.. As for old school games to suggest.. Mortal Kombat maybe? Clay fighter is good, crash nitro kart or diddy kong racing is another.. It's hard to recall

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, we have to be out by 6pm, however when you'll finish is dependent on how well you do ;) And yeah, totally forgiven about seeing Muse - they're amazing live. Hopefully you can do both XD

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
Hope so techno, hope so.. But yeh can't wait for muse ^^ and if theres ppl there moshing through the symphonic bliss that is muse, I will personally use raptor boost, courteousy of C. Falcon, to their faces..

MTGod

Smash Champion
People mosh to everything and anything these days... People mosh to Short Stack... I couldn't stop laughing as the preteen girls and guy (yes, singular) were all crushing each other as the security looked on in horror and disbelief.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I saw your new emo hair_ You will not be forgiven for this_ Leavers has changed you Trav_ You left a man and returned metrosexual_

Jesse_ The real question is why where you at a Short Stack concert_?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Was organising dinner while the folks were watching Hey Hey It's Saturday, Bob. Don't worry, I'm still cool ;)

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
Jesse, im keen to try my samus game sometime, whats ur schedule from now until the 19th? Or anyone for that matter..
Techno! I may be coming up on the weekend..

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, I usually work Tues, Thurs and Sat, so any other day I don't have foreseeable plans. This week though, I'm busy Wednesday and Sunday Arvos, so Friday seems to be the best bet unless I've forgotten something I had to do :p

Next week I'm busy Friday as well but not working Thursday (for God knows what reason :p) so that option is open as well.

MTGod

Smash Champion
No way, we actually tried calling you. We had your old number, and you weren't on MSN, and we went past Booragoon and everything T_T I couldn't remember where you lived...

Ne'er fear - there will be brawl!!!!!

@Buff: Lol? Organise smashfest then foo' :p DOIT!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Right, prac's done, so I'm finally free as a bird. Anything been planned for this week yet?

MTGod

Smash Champion
I hear Buff wants to organise something on Friday ;)

Anyway, regarding the Multi-genre tournament, do people want me to give you the list of games now or keep them a delightful surprise awaiting the competitors on the day :D? TBH I don't know when I'll have it, but more than likely in January since more than one brawl tournament seems out ofthe question...

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
I hear Buff wants to organise something on Friday ;)

Anyway, regarding the Multi-genre tournament, do people want me to give you the list of games now or keep them a delightful surprise awaiting the competitors on the day :D? TBH I don't know when I'll have it, but more than likely in January since more than one brawl tournament seems out ofthe question...
Probably letting us know in advance is better,
Otherwise youll be able to practise and it will be ridiculous.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I propose we have a Norio Wakamoto impersonation contest as one of the multiple games, as its impossible for anyone to even get close to his badassery, thus the competition is completely fair.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, it's clear that Smashboards crashed in anticipation of the list. I'm at work now so I can't post them now, but I will when I get home, or tomorrow, or whatever...
Free Pizza 3 days in a row is wicked.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Meh, I've done enough exercise this week to warrant it :D

EDIT: Vote for name change to include the Tournament Date (OID3 feat. DORFball - 19/12/10)

EDIT 2:
@Andre: I won't be practicing by myself - solo gaming is boring :(

Anyway, since 100% of the people I've talked to have wanted the game list in advance, here it is! Some of the games will be VS/FFA (Double Elim Bracket), and some will be time/score attacks. If people are that antsy about me having an advantage I'll halve/null all the points I get.

-Warioware (depending on how many people, the mode will be chosen on the day - prob run a few games of this given it'll be so fast :p)
-Tetris (Time Attack - first to clear 40 lines)
-Pac-Man (Score Attack)
-Bloody Roar Primal Fury (VS)
-Touhou Hisoutensoku (VS)
-NBA 2K9 (VS)
-Halo 3 (FFA) --> inb4 haters :p
-Rock Band 3 (VS Guitar)
-TrackMania Nations Forever (VS/FFA - you'll see what I mean on the day if you haven't played it before)
-Shadow of the Colossus (Time Attack)
-GrimGrimoire (Time Attack) OR Dofus-Arena (If I can get two PCs that can run it) OR Heroes of Might and Magic V (VS Duel mode) --> Don't know if GG is viable or not

As you can see, the Strategy genre is hard to get XD

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, sadly my place is unavailable on Friday. Someone else is going to have to step it up :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
If people feel like hiking it down to mine on Friday I can have people over, although it is a bit far, especially for those without cars.

As for Bloody Roar so get to crank out Bakuryū like I used to like 7 years ago...But really want to play Uriko due to her cuteness

Top Bottom