• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
Aww man, I didn't even know! I'm all for swapping it to NBA Jam, but someone will have to bring it with them on the day. We'll use NBA 2K9 as a back-up if we can't get a copy of Jam.

As for when it's going to be held, it all depends on when there's a spot free. My place may be free during the same week as the tourney on the 19th, but otherwise definitely will be free after Christmas (maybe have it on Boxing Day - something to do while everything else is shut?)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Okay, wtf is this?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B10BxYZqa1Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B10BxYZqa1Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
PUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDI

That's what it is mic.

So anyway gonna have a small meet at mine on friday, whos in?

Hater

Smash Ace
Lol i read the list and wtf the stratergy genre is hard to get ?

Wtf realistically the easiest genre to get a competive gaming tournament in is hard to get

Just dl wc3 and use board aussies and run warcraft3 instead of m&m or smth else its cheap and easy

MTGod

Smash Champion
Time-wise it's impossible to run an actual RTS given this tournament needs to be completed within a day. Most strategy games are synonymous with long matches, which is why it's hard to find a good representative of a strategy game that doesn't take a whole day to finish the bracket. Having a time attack of an RTS game (GrimGrimoire) was the way I thought around it, but I don't think that's going to be very fun/easy to pick up, which is why I put up the other options of Dofus-Arena and HoMM V Duel. Add to this that I have computer issues, which if I can't get around we will have to be using Chinese Checkers or something. Or I can try and get my Rogue Galaxy minigame file up to get the inbuilt TBS minigame :p

Technodeath

Smash Champion
WC3 sounds like a good option, why not just LAN it rather than over the net?

Depends on whether or not you're able to network it, but eh.

Strategy is easy to come by.

EDIT: HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG NARUTO HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Cannot wait for these effing shippuden fillers to end @_@
If it follows what they did last time, it won't end. They'll keep going for ages then make a reboot because everyone hates it because it's nothing but filler.

Marteh: I'm down for Friday:cool:

MTGod

Smash Champion
If people are training it down on Friday, please try and get on the same train so whoever is picking up can pick everyone up in one shot ;) Friendly neighbourhood advice.

And as I said before (clearly it didn't get read -.-) the main problems with actual RTS matches are time considerations and computer availability; it has nothing to do with the internet. Plus, it's not like there aren't other options. Absolute worst case scenario is that we time attack a Disgaea stage or something. There's options available, but not many for head to head battle unless we can access a good computer or two.

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
@Tails I'm waiting for the next issue to come in =/ I ordered it a while ago, but srsly, they have ninja ostriches in these fillers, are they high? But I can't wait for the whole danzo piece to come into it =)

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
@Tails I'm waiting for the next issue to come in =/ I ordered it a while ago, but srsly, they have ninja ostriches in these fillers, are they high? But I can't wait for the whole danzo piece to come into it =)
ive only just been watching it all again, so im pretty pleased. but there is alot of mucking around episodes. im up to ep 62, and chp 38 graphic novel.
i still have alot to go! so im good :)

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
@Tails Well you've got a good time ahead of you =) make it last!

@Techno Jake's wii imploded, it no longer works.. So i'll have to bring mine up and set it up at my house (on place road).

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Today I come with saddening news people,
It seems we have lost a irreplaceable member of our scene.
Of course I am speaking about my oversized Sanyo CRT, he was a great TV, minus a few problems of cutting out the bottom and top of pictures, it had a great image and frame rate. The picture was sharp and was friendly to everyone, he was indeed a true member of our scene.

12:45pm 2/12/2010
Upon turning him on it appears to me that theres a possibility that 2 of the tubes have leaked as the sides of the tv are an off coloured mess, without a degauss function there was no chance of revival.

So lets all spend this moment remember the fun it gave us at smash fests.

R.I.P Sanyo TV, you will always be remembered.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Today I come with saddening news people,
It seems we have lost a irreplaceable member of our scene.
Of course I am speaking about my oversized Sanyo CRT, he was a great TV, minus a few problems of cutting out the bottom and top of pictures, it had a great image and frame rate. The picture was sharp and was friendly to everyone, he was indeed a true member of our scene.

12:45pm 2/12/2010
Upon turning him on it appears to me that theres a possibility that 2 of the tubes have leaked as the sides of the tv are an off coloured mess, without a degauss function there was no chance of revival.

So lets all spend this moment remember the fun it gave us at smash fests.

R.I.P Sanyo TV, you will always be remembered.
that was all me.
a warning for making fun of my naruto fanboy-ness.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I can give you a replacement i got sitting around dude_ If i ever get the time BWAHAHA_!! No really maybe this weekend, you free_? Need some catching up_

Jesse you should def get NBA Jam, i'll check if i can nab a DL although i try not to cap my folks awsome 10gb internet limit_ FML_

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
@Techno I'll be there from saturday night til tuesday =)

Tails, that mouth on Deidara's hand doesn't just chew and mould chakra you know, he's a sicko

Vlade

Social Outcast
OP and thread title have been updated

Just an idea, since it's been difficult to get numbers to cover for the venue fee, I'd like to hear peoples' opinions on perhaps joining forces with the street fighter community. By this I mean we book a venue and both communities will have their respective tournaments there on the same day and at the same time. This way we'll have more attendants to cover the venue fee.

What are your thoughts on this?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If anyone has a 360 that's coming to marteh's, please bring a controller, I've only got 3.

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
Jesse Loxton! Sorry man I didn't have credit today, sadly I couldn't make it, I had magic-related errands to do and by the time they were done it was after 2 =/ hope it was a magnificent time.

Rick Molester! I know man, we'll fit in as much brawl as we can, we'll just cycle through 1v1's with me you link and jake and maybe some doubles after.. I rly need to see if my samus game is up to scratch.. I'll be trialing samus, mario, gdorf, zelda and afew other low tier warriors.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Rick Molester! I know man, we'll fit in as much brawl as we can, we'll just cycle through 1v1's with me you link and jake and maybe some doubles after.. I rly need to see if my samus game is up to scratch.. I'll be trialing samus, mario, gdorf, zelda and afew other low tier warriors.
King of the original insults right here :awesome:

Anyways, yeah, sounds beast. I'll be trialling Wario and Falco.
But mainly playing Snake :awesome:

One thing I need to do is find a static partner for Brawl tournaments :/
It's difficult adapting in teams when I have a new partner I've never teamed with before for each tournament.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Sorry I didn't make it today guys, went a bit too crazy las night and needed the recovery day.

I was unaware we weren't making the venue fee recently.
Well, we are probably just managing it but I believe we could reduce it to $5 if we host street fighter and brawl at the same time.

Hater

Smash Ace
Well last tourney we were under the minimum required attendance to wholly cover venue cost however this was due to unfortunate timing not really the average level of attendance. However the idea of merging tournaments with the SSF4 community seems appropriate and monetarily beneficial. I forsee time constraints and also this would cause issues with competitors/scheduling for hopeful participants in both events.

Also alister just wants to play SSF4

Top Bottom