• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you want to fly over, sure!

I see no one's noticed the change someone did to the Comrads title.

Berk

Smash Rookie
Hello, Perth Smashers!

Good to know that you guys exist, because before today (well, yesterday, since it's past midnight now) I didn't know if there were any!

Mind you, I never took the time to try very hard. But now I'm here, and frighteningly worried because I've really never used forums before. Also very worried I'll break some rule I'm not meant to.

Given the only people I've ever played in Smash are my friends, I would have no idea how talented I am, but I do know that I'm best among my friends. So if anyone out there would be able to give me a good match and put me in my place, I'd be delighted ^^

Also, are there often any tournament-like events in the Perth area. Or, more hopefully, near the Bull Creek area (Clearly where I live).

I do hope I can get to know you well.

CIFP

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm going to be living in Perth for two months this winter (or summer, depending on your hemisphere). I'm not a great player but I would like to make sure I don't get too rusty. Are there going to be any events between June 20th and August 20th?
I've just arrived in Perth. It turns out I'm living in what I think is the center of the city. Right near the river, the mall and the bus/train station. I would love to hear if there are any events. It's sort of hard to find the relevant information in this thread.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also very worried I'll break some rule I'm not meant to.
Worrying about the rules! That's a warnable offence! Muahahahaha!

Sorry, couldn't resist :p The only real rules is just don't be ajerk. Pretty easy to follow :p

There's usually biweekly smashfests at varying locals. I think Quetz is doing something this weekend, haven't heard anything though.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've just arrived in Perth. It turns out I'm living in what I think is the center of the city. Right near the river, the mall and the bus/train station. I would love to hear if there are any events. It's sort of hard to find the relevant information in this thread.
That's probably because there is no information at the moment.

So CIFP, do you know the name of the suburb you're staying in? See below for information on the next smash thing.

@ Berk: We haven't had a tournament for a while, but I plan to set something up soon.

As for current events:

Check your calendars people! This Saturday at Quetzalcoatl's house there is going to be a "gamesfest" thingo happening. Basically, bring your GC controller and you'll be guaranteed smash, but we also plan on having a Wii and ps3 there, and possibly ps2 for games like guitar hero. A lot of us have DS's too.

The date is 23rd June, this Saturday. Time is unconfirmed yet. The venue is not far from the East Cannington train station. I'll find official information tonight, as I plan on seeing Quetz tonight.

See if you've got it free, and check back sometime tomorrow for updated information. I'll update next chance I get.

Edit: Niven check it out! You're famous! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whP0rjTGFow&v3

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Awesomeness, I'll be there with bells on (bells not included)

CIFP

Smash Rookie
I'm right in the middle of the city, in the CBD. I've only been here a few days, but I think I could probably get anywhere with a few busses or a train. I was able to bring my controller but no room for my Wii. I will just keep checking this page and see if there is anything going on. Also, I wouldn't consider myself a Cali guy, I just go to school there. I'm an Oregonian really.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Tomorrow is on at my house, im not sure how it might work but i'll work something out, come at 2/3pm+.
CIFP if you need help getting there, let us know. If you can somehow work out a way to Cannington train station you'll be set, its pretty easy to get there from perth train station.
The address in case anyone wasnt sure:
Unit 1, 209 Gibbs Street
East Cannington

contact me on 0432607269 if you need to.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I plan to be running a ferry service from the train station to Quetzalcoatl's house. My number is 0438993220, so if you can make it to East Cannington or if you must, normal Cannington train stations but can't get further give me a call and I'll be en route.

Now, to message Timmy now or in the morning... hmm...

Edit: Forgot to mention. I'll bring my Wii + 3 wiimotes + nunchuck and a TV. Maybe a laptop so I can watch anime. Is there a plan for a DVD to watch?

CIFP

Smash Rookie
I am from Portland, so I'm sure you are better than me. I'm really not very good. I'm looking to get a good *** whooping. I figure thats the best way to get better. Unfortunately I can't make it out today, but I will keep checking here, thanks for all the help. My name is Noah by the way, I don't go by C.I.F.P.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Josh, awesome smashfest, thanks for hosting and everything. We need to do more "theme" Taboo, methinks.

Oh, and may the puzzle rest in pieces :urg:

Jaz

Smash Ace
nice contribution toai :p

hey mic I've organised a few Sydney tournaments now and i applied for that tourny director that makes your name blue
any reason why i didn't make it? you know the people that decide these things?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Did you give a link to the tournament topic when applying? If not I'll think of something in the morning I'm tired as hell, assuming hell gets tired.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, I plan on hosting next weekend. It'll be Saturday or Sunday, not sure the exact day yet.

I'll update when I have more info.

Update:

Saturday Smashfest at my house, I don't care how many or how few come.

Address: 25 Valley Brook Road Caversham.
Time: 12 till whenever
Getting here: It's fairly close to the Bassendean Train station, so call me from there and I can pick you up. If you're coming by car, then Reid Highway, Tonkin Highway and Roe Highway are usually the best ways to get here depending on your direction.
My phone: 0438 993 220. Ring me if you need to be picked up from the station.

Hope to see you guys there!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hax mod powers

Gee Mic, double posting when you could just merge your posts together. But then, you're just so much cooler than me. I wish I was cool like you :urg:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That's oaky. Also, thanks again for hosting. :) Oh, and I am awesome at watching the time and making sure I don't stay late.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Any time from FRIDAY 10AM to roughly 5pm SATURDAY. If you want a sleeping bag or anything, you'll need to BYO. There's couches as well available. There will be computers, but it would most likely be preferable to bring your own. If anyone can bring a TV that'd be awesome too. Meals will be taken care of. The adress I'll edit in here when I dig it up, and it's near a train station, can't remember which one right now (basendeed? >.<) but being picked up is posible.

There will be a fairly big dinner around 6:30, so if you aren't going to be here by then, please let me know in advance so I know wether to save you food or not.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bassendean is the closest station and is bigger than its nearby equivalents.

I'm happy to drive people from the train station. My number has already been provided in this thread.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Reposted so it's on this page.

Any time from FRIDAY 10AM to roughly 5pm SATURDAY. If you want a sleeping bag or anything, you'll need to BYO. There's couches as well available. There will be computers, but it would most likely be preferable to bring your own. If anyone can bring a TV that'd be awesome too. Meals will be taken care of. The adress is 565 Walter Road East, and it's near Basendeen train station. If you need to be picked up call either me (0434858801) or Bringer (it's futher back somewhere)

There will be a fairly big dinner around 6:30, so if you aren't going to be here by then, please let me know in advance so I know wether to save you food or not.

Top Bottom