• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Amigo

Smash Cadet
What train line do you catch to get to Warnbro station? Mandurah, im guessing. I MAY end up going to this depending if I got work or not.

Also can anyone else give me more details about the connection tour thats going on?

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
What train line do you catch to get to Warnbro station? Mandurah, im guessing. I MAY end up going to this depending if I got work or not.

Also can anyone else give me more details about the connection tour thats going on?
Yeah, you just got to take the Mandurah line and get off at the Warnbro Station, we can pick you up from there.

As for the connection tour, I'm not sure sure myself >.>
The main thing I'd like to know about it is if we need to sign up in advance, or do we just show up on the day?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You turn up on the day (I heavily advise early, say at least half an hour, and bring a dS while waiting ;) ) you'll get a number and then can float and play what they have on display until you're called up to fight. It's at Westfield Carousel on 7th and 8th.

Corrup7

Smash Rookie
Sounds good, I'll be there! Maybe this time I can get around to vsing more of you guys.

I guess I'll be seeing some of you at the Brawl Connection Tour as well, can't wait to get owned by items and final smashes :laugh:

shdw_strkr

Smash Cadet
From the NoA site:

Nintendo On Tour

- Connection Tour 08 -​

Melbourne Australia, 30 May, 2008 People of all ages will have the opportunity to play the latest Wii™ and Nintendo DS® games, as Nintendo announces Connection Tour 08, running 28 June - 15 July in Westfield shopping centres nationally.

Come down and check out the hottest games including the highly anticipated Super Smash Bros.™ Brawl, Pokémon® Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Pokémon® Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness, Mario Kart™ Wii, Guitar Hero® Aerosmith, Guitar Hero® On Tour and a host of other games.

You'll have the opportunity to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the first time, and if you think you can handle the challenge, be there early to register to compete in the daily Brawl competition. One person will be named Brawl Champion per day, and that could be you!

There will be live gaming demonstrations, Nintendo trivia, Mario Kart Wii competitions as well as heaps of giveaways

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Carousel
7 July – 8 July
And yes, bring down DS's, I know of a lot of people who are going there more for the DS wireless action than for SSBB.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The best bit of course, is the Eastern States have it forst, so we can see, learn from and prepare for the rulesets that they'll use >: D

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Phew, what a grind, I just finished unlocking every character in Brawl :dizzy:
The PAL version should work fine with my second recording system (it didn't like NTSC) so the second TV at the next PK Brawl should be working a lot better.

... Now I've just gotta do the stages..

.. :(

Looks like the Connection Tour will be fun, I'll most likely be there. I've gotta try to find my old DS so I can join in the funs :p

Muzga

Smash Ace
Glad to see a few new people joining the perth brawl scene. these tournaments are always good fun:D i know ive said it before, but again, cheers for hosting guys!
So what DS games should i bring? (or rather, what ds games do you all play?)

Also i was just wondering, is it just the pits or do the rest of you guys make stages to practise your characters on? (useful?)

oh god! 2 minutes, 4 players with items on! good luck everyone. youll need it:p

shdw_strkr

Smash Cadet
Pokemans will be the major one but bring down everything you can, you never know at these things.

This is going to be interesting.

Muzga

Smash Ace
ah yeah. ive still got my copy of pokemans. i havent touched it since the connection tour though so most of my good pokemans are still lvl 50. dont remember if any are lvl 100, ill check though.

either way, sounds like a fun day!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not going to be able to make the 12th, got a house warming to go to.

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Aww :(. Ahh well, have fun at the housewarming and hopefully we'll see you at the next PK Brawl (or smashfest, depending on what happens).

I'm debating whether or not atm to go to the Connection Tour, I don't really use my DS (I think one of my siblings has it atm, and I've only played a couple of games on it) and the rules for Brawl aren't really the greatest :(
It might be fun though just to meet up with a few of you and hang out, although I'd have to go on the Monday - working on Tuesday.

Atm I've only got 14 signups, although I can probably bring 2-3 in myself to boost the numbers. Does anyone know of any regulars that might be happy to go but could possibly be unaware of it, it'd be much appreciated if you could check and just let them know that there is another PK Brawl on the 12th, thanks :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'll have a flier advertising SWF on my back at it ;) Only going for fun, plus I still need a copy of PAL Brawl. ;)

EDIT: 21,000th post!

Amigo

Smash Cadet
Lol good idea. This will be the first time meeting you guys for me so I think the flier is necessary!

Muzga

Smash Ace
ive printed out the details and given them to a few local game stores. hopefully that will boost numbers a little.

shall i bring some to the connection tour?

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Ah, thanks for spreading the word Muzga, it is much appreciated :D
I think I'll probably get a few last minute signups, hopefully we can have at least get 16 people, which is enough to make double elimination work.

ps. Grats on 21,000 Mic :). You better watch out, I'm only 20,968 posts behind you!

Fawk

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately I have work saturday, (**** retail) so I can't actually make it down >_<

Even so, I've been really busy lately so I only just checked the forums now. I should be there for the next one at least.

Muzga

Smash Ace
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/pirate_piano_guy/Getready2RUMBEL.jpg
Theres the poster thing i did, be warned it does contain a lot of text though. could i get a few of you guys to print out a few of these and hand them out at the connection tours or anywhere you can the next few days? i mean, come on! we need more support then this! with the pal release more people are supposed to want to come!

give your support!

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
i feel a bit behind the times, since i have been teaching for 10 straight weeks (the last brawl event i went to was the gametraders tournament.)

but now that im free again, ill make it to the connection tour tomorrow for sure. cant wait to see some of you guys again!

edit: im down for the next PK brawl too if theres still room for old dry bones

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Haha, that 'Muzga wants YOU!' poster is so full of win :D.
Cheers for putting together that other poster to, I really appreciate the effort :), I've just started a new job so things have been quite chaotic for me lately, but the PK Brawl should still be fine to run smoothly.

Yep, there is still plenty of room for signups - I've put you down on the entrance list, Dry Bones. For those of you who are wondering, it is 3-4 pages back and contains a list of the rules and the format that will be used.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
sorry Mugza, didn't see yours, had an early night. though not like we were without advertising. Stuck a few of these around. ;)

Muzga

Smash Ace
Haha, that 'Muzga wants YOU!' poster is so full of win :D.
Cheers for putting together that other poster to, I really appreciate the effort :), I've just started a new job so things have been quite chaotic for me lately, but the PK Brawl should still be fine to run smoothly.

Yep, there is still plenty of room for signups - I've put you down on the entrance list, Dry Bones. For those of you who are wondering, it is 3-4 pages back and contains a list of the rules and the format that will be used.
cheers cal!
always glad to lend my support:D
one day of the tour to go!
maybe ill get lucky this time:p
..god i hate ike

Daterian

Smash Cadet
Bad News Cal, me and Sam have to bail :(, we have a rehersal for a gig coming up soon that we have to attend, hopefully we can make a comeback if you hold another tournie :p. Good Luck to you all, look forward to hearing how people went, esp whether anyone manages to knock TL Sam out this time XD. Should be awesome ;)

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Aww :( ahh well hopefully yous will be able to make it to the next meet/tourney, I'll be recording and posting the vids again, for if you're interested in seeing the turnout of things :p

Anyways for those of you attending, PK Brawl is this Saturday (the 12th) and starts at 12 noon, make sure to show up at least 30 mins early so we can get everything running smooth.

For those of you catching the train or if you have to pull out please contact me on 0415857522. It is very important that you contact me instead of Bob, who is currently away and has not got an active phone number, so please - contact me instead of Bob if you need a lift else I won't know to pick you up from the station >.>

Btw, i'm still happy to enter people in to the tournament, although at this time you're probably better off letting me know on my phone, as I might not be able to check SWF in the next few days (Work + setting up >.>). I usually put the brackets together based off of the numbers we have available the night before the tournament, so there is still plenty of time for you to execute a last minute signup without problems ;).

Muzga

Smash Ace
been frantically trying to get more support, im waiting to hear back from 4 people who have said maybe:p

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
So anyways, I'm curious, how did everyone go at the Connection Tour?

ps. PK Brawl tomorrow, i'ma start unplugging my computer to take over there to set up recording in sec.

TunaInTheBrine

Smash Rookie
long time no talk, finally got my net back!

I didn't really place in the connection tour.. Mic did rather well on both days, got through to the 2nd round on both I think, maybe further on one of the days.. Jon won the second day and also came second on the first day, and Sam (TL Sam) came 3rd on the first day (though TL wasn't unlocked first day to his annoyance/ our delight ;) LoL jkz) .. I didn't do that great, had a sudden death with jon on the first day which was rather close ahaha

But yeah, it was good to meet other people interested in smash. The announcer guy Jamie was awesome, seemed like a fan himself (and he was as i found out afterwards.. should've figured when I saw him walking back after lunch with Niv haha).. This was actually my first connection tour, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I enjoyed it heaps =) The amount of people with DSs made me wish i had one though =p The employees were also kool, there was an employee at the mario kart/smash bros booth that was awesome =D

Did you have work Chris? Was hoping to see you guys there hey. Me Jon and Dean were there, as was Andre, Eric, Sam and Richard. Mic was too, and so was Niv, though I only saw him now and then (at the guitar hero booth if i recall correctly =p). It was pretty awesome getting to spend more time with you lot, seeing as we only really see you guys at tourneys =)

Oh, and two weirdo's got up and sang the pokemon theme song.

-Not one of the guys that got up and sang the pokemon theme song >_> <_<

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
long time no talk, finally got my net back!

I didn't really place in the connection tour.. Mic did rather well on both days, got through to the 2nd round on both I think, maybe further on one of the days..
Nah, only got through to round 2, both times would have won if there was 2 seconds more. first I had a final smash that squirtle decided to use water gun instead of (grr) and then in sudden death tried to hit an airborne lucas before he hit himself with his Up-B (which was stupid, should have waited)

Second day Charizard grabbed someone, swung to chuck him off stage (edge of mushroomy kingdom) and time ran out. Managed to annoyingly get grabbed by Lucario in the sudden death.

Still, was awesome fun.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Sam won again! T_T
Well done sam!

Props to everyone who competed! the standard of play has really come up!
especially jon and his manly snake! you control the stage like a nut!

my efforts to get more people to come were fruitless, sadly. ill try to play a more active role for the next PK brawl though!

Edit: anyone here watch Heroes?
The announcer guy from the connection tour looks like sylar! (if you have no idea what im talking about, disregard this last part)

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
huge apologies for missing it guys... i had taken the night off work, but they called me in and said they desperately needed me. how many waiters does a tiny little indian resturant need anyway?

well, i hope you all had fun =)

Richard7

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, I was the person that went by the name of 'Ric".

Yep, Sam won again. Although everyone has improved and Sam was beaten by Jonathan several times. (Your Snake is insane!) From the way it was going, Jonathan was probably going to win, but he mortar slided into his own mine by mistake.

I had to verse Sam twice and being his brother, I almost won in all 4 matches. Turn out wasn't the greatest but it happens. Appreciate you guys hosting for the third time.

Catch yas.

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I've got my computer back now so rendering will begin shortly.

Thanks for coming down to PK Brawl 3, was heaps of fun and there was some very intense matches (especially the last set). I really need to practice my Fox some more, hopefully I can put up more of a fight next time :p

It was very unlucky timing with the housewarming, hopefully we will be able to see those of you who couldn't make it at the next meet.

Anyways, I'm going to start getting things ready to compress these vids. I'll post the completed brackets when I get the chance to do them.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys i got back a bit early before i fly out again..! Grats to Sam again hehe i heard that everyone has improved heaps since we last met..! Its always nice to hear that everyone has become more brutal making the competition fierce.. Big props were heard to muzgas edgeguarding, Jon's snake (WTF OH NOES) and Ric playing Olimar amongst almost the entire brawl roster.. :p

Spewing i missed out but i've left a copy of my fly out/ in roster so cal can organise the next tourneys around it and i can catch up with yall again.. Cant wait to see the vids up peeps im sure my eyes will bleed out of excitement..

BLAH..!!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Theres a picture floating on facebook with Niven looking sick (again) inside a KFC toilet with Jamie.

please explain???

wub

Top Bottom