• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

Jonny - he wasn't on cuz he went to 0 tournaments with pr player attendance in the last period, so we didn't know where to put him.

Blizzaro - def talking about #9

:phone:

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
WOW DAMN OTTO GET TROLLED LOL nah i know you were just looking for an excuse to use #9 in a cool manner like that

btw imma update the PR image on friday cuz i'll be home all day doing networks homework lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
i don't think you can shieldgrab da gentleman before falcon does some ****. idk every time i've ever tried to shieldgrab falcon i immediately felt a huge surge of regret

*sigh*

HEY STRONGBAD STRONG BAD can you shieldgrab a gentleman

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
idk i recall during m2k vs s2j at genesis 2 that m2k shield grabbed that gentleman several times. idk maybe frame perfect u cant **** with it but eh

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
uhh it might be possible if falcon is badly spaced. if he's far enough away from your shield I don't think it works. you can definitely shine it the **** out of shield and **** falcon tho

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
looked it up and yea it has to do with spacing not timing. If falcon is at max range u cant shield grab it

BladeWise

Smash Lord
You just shouldn't try to shield grab gentleman at all. He definitely has enough options to prevent the grab from connecting. You can, however, CC the gentleman and do stuff, possibly grab too.

Chip.

you know what to do
Agreed, instead of gentleman

he can just jab

jab once then jab again into gentleman

double jab

jab grab

etc.

all before you do anything since you're waiting to sheild grab after his gentleman.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yeah

a really good way to counter gentleman that I've only seen MARS (lol) do is drop your shield midway through it, cc the 2nd or 3rd hit, and then grab after that

cuz whereas gentleman has good shieldstun, CC'ing stuff means no hitstun

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
yeah

a really good way to counter gentleman that I've only seen MARS (lol) do is drop your shield midway through it, cc the 2nd or 3rd hit, and then grab after that

cuz whereas gentleman has good shieldstun, CC'ing stuff means no hitstun
i do that all the time

but that only works if the falcon isn't technical enough to gentleman quite rapidly

sometimes a cc dtilt from fox goes thru tho

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
i do that all the time

but that only works if the falcon isn't technical enough to gentleman quite rapidly

sometimes a cc dtilt from fox goes thru tho
Doesn't matter how fast Falcon does the gentleman if you CC grab the THIRD hit, because while Falcon can decrease the time in between gentleman hits if he's fast, he can't do anything about the recovery time after the 3rd hit (there's nothing left to cancel it into).

Btw I take full responsibility for you not playing as much these days Ciz. :< I gotta start getting my **** done earlier in the day so we can play. You're not taking a break from Smash on my watch, homie. :3

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
then doesn't spacing come into play? even when you CC it (unless you're at 0% or something super low) you're pushed back a bit.

when i used to play sheik i spammed the hell out of cc grab v falcon and it worked very well, but it hasn't seemed to (in the short time i've been foxy) work as well with fox.

iono *** it

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Me and Dan had messed around with CC'ing gentleman back in the day. Fox can most certainly dtilt, which combos well, but in turn can also be CC'd. This either leads to some fun mindgames or a silly dtilt trade battle.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
then doesn't spacing come into play? even when you CC it (unless you're at 0% or something super low) you're pushed back a bit.
yup, most definitely. spacing almost always comes into it, after all :P I'm mostly talking about how to punish it from a timing point of view. If they're spaced right you just gotta get out of there.

when i used to play sheik i spammed the hell out of cc grab v falcon and it worked very well, but it hasn't seemed to (in the short time i've been foxy) work as well with fox.
word, it's good with fox but not as abusable as sheik because sheik has quite a bit less traction than fox so you slide less far and can therefore cc grab more stuff

read the criteria; only >$10 mms might be taken into consideration. plus its not fair to make them count when people agree to them without knowing they would count for pr.

in the future, we should have sets (mm's) that count toward pr if ppl want it to and keep track of them. this would be useful cuz lower ranked ppl dont play many ppl so its hard to rank sometimes due to lack of matches and stuff

Jem.

Smash Master
read the criteria; only >$10 mms might be taken into consideration. plus its not fair to make them count when people agree to them without knowing they would count for pr.

in the future, we should have sets (mm's) that count toward pr if ppl want it to and keep track of them. this would be useful cuz lower ranked ppl dont play many ppl so its hard to rank sometimes due to lack of matches and stuff
bad memories except it wasn't for money LOL

missed dinner everytime D:

"Welp jem is 8th again, hope you had fun for 3 hours while everyone else left"

XD XD

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
IMO me/Vish/Ciz/Chip are extremely close in terms of skill level (whoever's "playing better" on a given day generally wins) so all we really have are tournament results to go off of. And the only reason Chip wasn't higher is because we only really had Manifest to judge him with for this period.

Chip.

you know what to do
It's all good, haha, I agree with my placement. It'd be unfair to place me above those who consistently attend. =) However, it's also an unfair situation for me since it's hard for me to regularly attend GCs unlike errybody else! :(

thanks. Notice the beach motif; just in time for the summer!

Can anyone say... surf's up!?!?

um.. YES =D wish we could surf here in Washington lol

Top Bottom