• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Chip beat Lovage

Lovage placed above sfat and west at manifest

Chip is better than sfat and west

Any objections?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
can't wait to see winston on this list btw

edit: Also this might go without saying, but I'm down to do PR graphics even while I'm gone.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Well, Chip's placement is the one that I find most interesting. He always performs well whenever he comes, and never has a bad tournament. He beat Eggz and Foos Jr at this GC. Ciz losing to Foos Jr and Vish does not help his position much. I'm leaning towards Chip.

Eggz's grasp on 3 isn't as strong as it used to be, but I don't see anyone stepping up enough to take it away from him.

Toph missing GC (for obvious reasons) shouldn't really hurt him, I suppose, especially since Vish missed a GC not long ago.

1) Bladewise
2) Silent Wolf
3) Eggz
4) Toph
5) Vish
6) Ciz/Chip
7) Ciz/Chip
8) ThePrime
9) T-Iceman
10) Banana/Gimpyfish

Gimpy beat J!zzard and ThePrime at GC, while Banana didn't enter. What do you guys think?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Oh yeah, if it means anything, Norcal isn't ranking me this summer. Apparently it's pretty standard for players in socal/norcal who go to school in one region but are home in the other for the summer, to just be ranked in the region they're in most of the year.

Is ****ard that noteworthy?

Also my take on Chip vs Ciz is that Chip was lower because all we really had to go off of was Manifest, and we didn't have evidence that Manifest wasn't a flake; now we do.

I kinda think Ciz is a better Marth (narrowly) but I think Chip (narrowly) takes the PR spot.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
J!zzard isn't especially noteworthy, but I do believe that he's on the Oregon PR. However, I don't think Banana has done much to hold his 10 spot, especially since he didn't enter GC. I know why he didn't enter, but for PR purposes, it kinda hurts him.

C!Z

Smash Lord
My bad, Teddy. Didn't really feel like driving to sit in a 3 man rotation. Even if it was only like 5 minutes away. I was kinda lookin for a fest when I posted such things.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I had a filthy 3 man rotation tonight. I think 3 man rotations are the best for improvement

well, 1v1 fests are the best if both players are close in skill level AND you have good focus. 3 man rotation lets you consciously recollect

Top Bottom