• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I like PS1 too except the part where it has a huge ceiling and it's gay to fight Snake on this thing lol.

But we have no Snake mains in our state so it must not matter huh? <_<

You. three. are. hilarious. In a bad way that's apparently why you all (Dyno, KingK, you) hate the ruleset lol.

Also, read my last post, I said you can argue for your CPs back even if we adopt the new ruleset. We don't have to completely stick by the book.
NO SNAKE MAINS IN GA!?! I NEED TO COME TO A TOURNEY THERE ASAP!!!! HRNUT and AfroThunda both main Snake and they are ranked 1 and 3 in the FL. Who does every1 use in the GA? Here in FL MK's aren't 2 much of a problem(My Sonic has learned to become anti MK :-p although I can't say I'll win every match against them). It's the Snakes and DDD's that U gotta worry about.

Neon304

Smash Apprentice
Well I sure sucked today. Good games Dynomite and Billy. (remind me to never counter Shiek with Diddy again XD)

I really didn't get the full affect of it, Mostly because of shyness :( (I hate being shy :( nothing I have found to fix that)

And also, good games to the 2 doubles teams that myself and Mothman lost to (sorry, I don't remember your names XD)

I want to come back again at some point, not sure if I can i the near future because of lack of a ride. I really wold like to get into it more next time, and possibly place better.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Today I learned:

- How to DI correctly on MK's Up+B and Dsmash.
- Whoever is playing with a Nunchuk controller means they are mindgaming you.
- Snake is gay and someone needs to help me learn the match-up.
- Melee is amazing and even when you get creamed you still feel like you're having fun. =O
- That Toon Link is not amazing.
- That I'm too aggressive in Barlw and need to go back to mixing up between camping and aggro-ness.

Shout-outs:

Dynomite - Your Marth is strange. That's all I got to say.
AntiC - Roy. Is. Amazing. Remember this. =D
Umby- Sonic is a mindgaming machine. You make me feel so slow.
Diablo - Let me grab you more. ._.
KingK - Good TL. You need to stop randomly tethergrabbing when I'm 10 feet away from you.
Billy - You should have used Zelda instead of MK against me. =(
Scatt - Nice mindgames w/ the Nunchuk remote and Ike combo. Impressive Snake as well.

VietGeek - Why are you still Barlwing? Play Melee more please.

I'll try to upload tourney matches by tomorrow. I should be finished by next week because I'm uploading high-quality videos for each match.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
The tournament starts at 3PM.
I'll be making a new WABA thread after this tournament.
Keep your eyes open.
so this thread will be gone? :( too much good stuff hapon here.

*talks about the tournament now*

Great tournament!
Results gona be posted soon.. please? :D

SHOUTOUTS!

Neon~ great match i was wondering when ide see you, i see u on smashboards alot and just wanted to see u in real life now.. Good Games.

Player1~ WOW! matches were too close, i learned how to juggle bananannas when i went up agenst Neon but still ur ditty is good but bananas.. >_< anyways good match and why is Delfino a counterpick (even tho i cped it) when i can get stuck UNDER THE STAGE AND BE FORCED TO DOLPHIN SLASH OUT WITH NO EDGE TO SAVE ME LEAVING ME OPEN TO A SMASH AT 1 STOCK 100+?!?!?!?!?!@?!?!?!?!??!?! (back me up here Biglu?) but over all i <3 that stage too much for it to be banned.

Kismet2~ (spell check on that 1) I think i did better agenst you this touny than last 1, getting 3 stocked last time and got u down to 1 this time. Beast falco. CONGRATS on your placings in doubles and singles.

Antic~ :'( that i didnt get to see your money match with FMTL i got held up by some unknown toonlink player.. Good games in doubles although i hate knocking out people that i usually brawl with :(

FMTL & Desu~ Melee friendlys were fun, i got a stock off u... somehow. doubles were really cool too, we got a long way to go till we actually get this brawl thing down. my wario went super sayan somehow.. i was either getting REALLY lucky or it was just hearing reflex's voice.. lol

Diablo~ ... i get no suport from u as a team mate :( alwase with the "u suck at brawl thing" but ur good ingame so ima keep u around <3

VeitG~ Good money match. lol @ hacked wii and wavedashing actually in brawl.
didnt get to play ur marth tho. uve gotten better at melee ive noticed, got FMTL to 1 stock nice. GG

BigLu~ nice talkin to u man, didnt see any of ur matches tho :( or your ranking

REFLEX!~ Good friendly we had there, thanks for all that you said, hope i can do put it to use. will def get some matches with u soon already added ur AIM. <3<3<3

well this tourny wasnt all fun n games.. wait nvm BUT why was the rules anounced like 10 min before the tournament actually stared. diab and i go into our first match and we like we gona counterpick rainbow and its all like "NAW!" so these rules now are offical? if so ill print thoes out.
hope u guys are happy u made me kill a tree for false rules :(

EDIT AFTER READING VIET'S POST: my marth is odd in a good way or bad, and yes snake f*cked both of us over.. nunchuck is mindgames indeede.. wana help eachother out learning snake with marth? u got my AIM.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well I completely sucked through winners bracket, I wasn't thinking at all and was just out of it. Then in losers bracket a spark came to me and I actually did good but lost to Ice because of that stupid barrel fast fall glitch >.<

Hi_Im_Relaxing

Smash Apprentice
i had alot of fun this tourny and i did rly good. i felt my wario didnt do as good as last time tho(skillwise)

shoutouts:
KingK: close doubles matches. u didnt do as good as u shoulda in singles tho

dynomite: good teaming wit ya and nice job in singles

biglou: didnt watch ur matches or play wit ya but ur a cool guy

vietg: we finally had our roy dittos lol. close matches in singles and u no y i luv frigate now

umby: AMAZING sonic. great stuff there. u ***** me.

antic: great playing wit ya. i know ur better than me at melee stop messing wit me

reflex: ur pro... thx for the friendly even tho u ***** me. ur a nice guy. maybe u can teach me some wario stuff :D lol

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Okay, Reflex, there's like more than 5 matches of you versus Kismet.

Are all of them tourney matches? Like was it Winner's Finals -> Grand Finals or something to that effect?

Or after you beat kismet on BF w/ Squirtle it was simply friendlies?

Also we need placements up. Weren't they absent last time too? I want to see the placements. =/

Saltix

Smash Lord
meh, maybe I won't quit quite yet. We'll see how december works out. I'm working on a certain character to use in addition to Lucario next month ;). I was also thinking of hosting a tourney before the Year's end. I'll keep you guys posted.

Placings from last night ?

kismet2

Smash Ace
Okay, Reflex, there's like more than 5 matches of you versus Kismet.

Are all of them tourney matches? Like was it Winner's Finals -> Grand Finals or something to that effect?

Or after you beat kismet on BF w/ Squirtle it was simply friendlies?

Also we need placements up. Weren't they absent last time too? I want to see the placements. =/
<-- Reflex on Kismet's account

Well, I was put in the Loser's Bracket, and I beat him 3-2, which meant that I had to play another set against him, which ended up being a 3-2 set in Kismet's favor.

All ten of those matches were Finals stuff; there were just two sets of it 'cause I was in the Loser's Bracket and won a set.

As for placements, I recall:

1. Kismet (Falco [/Mario? Ask him])
2. Reflex (Captain Falcon/Pokemon Trainer/Samus)
3. Desu (King Dedede/Meta Knight)
4. BigLou (Luigi)

If anyone could elaborate better, that'd be cool.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Player1~ WOW! matches were too close, i learned how to juggle bananannas when i went up agenst Neon but still ur ditty is good but bananas.. >_< anyways good match and why is Delfino a counterpick (even tho i cped it) when i can get stuck UNDER THE STAGE AND BE FORCED TO DOLPHIN SLASH OUT WITH NO EDGE TO SAVE ME LEAVING ME OPEN TO A SMASH AT 1 STOCK 100+?!?!?!?!?!@?!?!?!?!??!?! (back me up here Biglu?) but over all i <3 that stage too much for it to be banned.
Yeah great game, that was hilarious when you fell through the stage. We'll have to play when I'm not completely horrible. All through the winners bracket I wasn't in the "groove" of playing but when I got to losers I was actually doing great. I was just, what the diddy players call, auto-piloting which is when you throw bananas without any thought into it and it is easy to catch on to that, and I was doing it horribly. I guess we all have one of those days where we do horrible, but it had to be the day of WABA....

KingK_tink

Smash Apprentice
I just got FCKED all of my matchs i could've won hands down DANGIT DYNO AND YOUR GIMPED PREDICTIONS!!!
-_-

oh yah and antic i need to learn how to work with you cuz if we can get it down we WILL be able to beat the dyno and diab double....yah

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I just got FCKED all of my matchs i could've won hands down DANGIT DYNO AND YOUR GIMPED PREDICTIONS!!!
-_-

oh yah and antic i need to learn how to work with you cuz if we can get it down we WILL be able to beat the dyno and diab double....yah
I smell a money match :D

KingK_tink

Smash Apprentice
hey viet are you gonna put that replay of me and you tink ditto becase i wanna check it out see if i can improve..

kismet2

Smash Ace
Current first match of...Winner's Finals? o_O

I don't know what type of finals it is, so...help me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddv0if8Zxts
I believe that's the first match of the grand finals. Only way we could tell is if you were to see who won that best 3/5 if so then that's the match from the first set. Also Reflex used some Samus in winners finals and not in grand finals.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
to lazy to do long shouts so here i go

Kismet2- Good job winning the tourney, first black person in Top of GA PR? Combo Breaker? :O
Reflex- I didn't talk to you much during the tourney, cool background history to your name though :D. I think you should wario a whole game, wouldn't that be new? xD
VietG- Ganon is where it's at my friend, it's actually really nice having someone around my level playing me, definately made Melee fun.
BigLou- YOU WON DOUBLES?!?!!? WHERE'S MY FIVE DOLLARS!? I'm sad you didn't at least get third in singles though, especialy losing to Ice, completely unexpected. It's all good, i'll see you smash nights all around.
Desu- Man stop coming to Waba, you need to go to Columbus and practice with Kismet and all, you're getting lower on the list and it's making me sadder =[.
Dynomite- Good teams matches, i'm surprised me and KingK beat you. It's cool you knocked us. Just wait until singles dude man. IT won't be pretty for you and Diablo :D. Also try to play Melee more man, you stopped after one match, how sad.
Teh_Umby -i actually feel kind of bad considering all the steak jokes i made today. I'm sure they annoyed you but i'm done with them don't worry. Good seeing you in the tournament and i'm sure for a fact your sonic will be highly recognized, at least in GA i'm sure. That hedgehog is a beast.
Xio- Stop playing Brawl Plus dammit, that cheap *** L-cancelling G&W D:
Diablo- Real talk dude you should definately play Melee more, the skill goes into your Brawl skill.
Marty
- *to busy playing brawl+ to play third strike or anything else ;,[*
KingK - you need to practice some more man with spacing in your Tink. Also of course the "don't get hit theory" Know what you can get away with and know what you can't. You're getting much better. IC isn't all about grabs, it's good for dumb people who just run towards you, but if i was to be campy falco like i was one match you wouldn't have stood a chance. You're improving though and i commend that.
MOTHER****ING FULLMETAL- Hey thanks for the Money match, i know obviously i'm the one who lost 20 dollars so i shouldn't be very happy about it. But for one you were modest and on top of that you definately helped me with some good tips, Melee and Brawl wise. So thanks alot for that. Nice try with your match against Reflex though. But hey no lose to you right?

I think i'm done.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Both 3/5 sets had only Pokemon Trainer/Capt. Falcon versus your Falco.

So it's either Loser's Finals -> Grand Finals, but that means Player 1 labeled his videos incorrectly. o_O

I'm so confused haha.

AntiC - Where the **** is my shout-out? :O

AntiC

Smash Journeyman

So it's either Loser's Finals -> Grand Finals, but that means Player 1 labeled his videos incorrectly. o_O

I'm so confused haha.

it's definately there.

kismet2

Smash Ace

I'm so confused haha.

Reflex played Desu in Losers finals and if Reflex only used PT and C.Falcon then that means those were the grand finals. So if you see Reflex use Samus against me then those were Winners finals.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Quick shoutouts
Calvin: good stuff on taking 1st
Reflex: Thanks for the ride mangz and congratz on taking 2nd XD
Desu: you die to a Samus jab ROFL*<3 Tim*
Marty: you had me LOL the whole weekend mangz. Always a blast hanging around you.
Fenix *sp?* and Diablo: good matches:)
Wolf: WOLF KICK O_o
Alpha: step it up sir
Sleepy: thanks for letting us crash at your place.
Dogysamich: FOOTSTOOL

everyone else: *Samus taunt*

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Reflex played Desu in Losers finals and if Reflex only used PT and C.Falcon then that means those were the grand finals. So if you see Reflex use Samus against me then those were Winners finals.

So you're saying you can have 2 sets in Grand Finals?

I...never knew that lol. Figures. xD

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Well, the idea is, it's a person from the Winner's Bracket against someone in the Loser's Bracket. If the person in the Loser's Bracket wins, it just puts the person that was in the Winner's Bracket into the Loser's Bracket to play him again.

kismet2

Smash Ace

If you come from the losers bracket when you're playing grand finals you have to win two sets of best 3/5, the person from winners bracket has to win one set. Also I'll give some shoutouts:

Reflex-you're the strongest with Falcon XD
Dyno-I forgot to mention at Waba, when you're playing a Falco, if a Falco were to Dthrow to spike you could use a counter it comes out fast enough
AntiC-Thanks and I hope I'll be top of GA Pr but only time will tell
BigLou-Good stuff and close matches that Fire Uppercut was nice haha
Marty-Keep up the wolf kick(wolf=new Captain Falcon)
Dogy-All I have to say is Five dollar foot long XD
Alpha-Ike's Fsmash=Crowd control lol
Desu-I'm sorry that you got all of that Falco practice and didn't even play me in the tournament Lol, but you still got the money match that you wanted.
Sleepy-Thank you for the housing I really appreciate it

Also, Brawl+=Too good?

KingK_tink

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but it'll probably be one of the last videos to be uploaded.
i understand i atleast want it on there

Lmao, let me get my teams partner and i'll money match no prob.
its on diab/dyno dont stand a chance (when we get better)

Antic: yah i just learned about spacing like 3 days before waba and i really need to up my game BADLY in fact i dont consider myself the lowest of the pros same goes for IC
next waba i promise you guys im gonna be a monster (same goes for dyno)... mabye diab :p

VietGeek

Smash Hero
If you come from the losers bracket when you're playing grand finals you have to win two sets of best 3/5, the person from winners bracket has to win one set.
Well, the idea is, it's a person from the Winner's Bracket against someone in the Loser's Bracket. If the person in the Loser's Bracket wins, it just puts the person that was in the Winner's Bracket into the Loser's Bracket to play him again.
Reflex + Kismet combo is too OP.

Someone ban them plz. They overcentralize the metagame. :O

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom