• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WABA/USGA/SIEGE2010: OCT.2ND: $2,000 for SSF4&SSBB Tournaments: Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRN

Smash Lord
I don't think there is anyway of being sure.

It does start at 5-6 (usga page says 5 but here it says 6. This should really be discussed) and we dont know for sure how many people are going to show up either.
USGA wants everyone to start registering at 5 but the event actually starts at 6.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
To those asking about whether or not this is a 2 day event, no it's not a 2-day event. With that said however, nobody really knows how long the tournament will last depending on who all is attending.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
I'll be attending this with HeroChima!

****Also, I'm bringing a friend along. He may need i partner if he enters the doubles, but will likely just be doing friendlys.

******** Hype!!!!!!!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
hmm..which thread is more hype this one or the other one??

anyway It's ya boy and Im attending siege to hang with umby and lyte and to travel...lol

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
TGK, I usually get off at three on saturdays, i'm trying -mad- hard to get out at 2;30 :<
Okay...keep me posted.

I'll take you, maybe.... I don't know how much to bring, mainly because i don't know where i'm going to stay the night (if i have to), or how much it would cost.
15$ if i don't have to stay anywhere(5$ for MMs), and around 25-30$ if i do have to stay somewhere(Not using my money on anything but the tourney and housing expenses). Just thought i'd ask again, is this a 2 day event? If so, and i have nowhere else to stay, i may have to drive all the way back home (2 hour drive) til the next day :[ If my friend can't do that, *Insert johns here*
I'm already set for johns to show up.

LP, get that $35 ready so I can pick you up. (smirk)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
LP, get that $35 ready so I can pick you up. (smirk)
I ain't going.

With you driving me around ;___; You're going to bring a bat to smack me around for the months of successful johns i've come up with. I'm carpooling with Aaron.

To those asking about whether or not this is a 2 day event, no it's not a 2-day event. With that said however, nobody really knows how long the tournament will last depending on who all is attending.
I'm bringing a sleeping bag and camp setup to sleep in the nearest park.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I ain't going.

With you driving me around ;___; You're going to bring a bat to smack me around for the months of successful johns i've come up with. I'm carpooling with Aaron
I'm glad you realized this.

And I have even sharper tools than a bat...like a pickax. :eek:

Fun times for all.

Real talk though: Someone needs to come through on this housing, else I'm gonna be having to drop a ball on my passengers. That being: I can drive you to the venue, but you'll have to work out housing on your own.

I don't wanna be that guy.

And the moment he changes it, my respect will decrease by 50% (depending on what he changes it to).
Way to keep an open mind. ;)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Anyone bringing a live stream? Is sleepy going?

and I just realized there is no rule set officially posted, although it is probably the same one that USGA/WABA uses since they're hosting it, I just want to make sure it is the same rule set before updating my thread with it

edit can someone also confirm this for dubz:

Time: 11am iirc
Address: 455 Dekalb Industrial Way, Decatur GA 30030-1737
Food: Burgers, hot dogs, and grape drank
Payout: 60,30,10 iirc
Entry Fee: 20$ per team, 5$ door fee.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
So... what is the official schedule on this tourney?
Singles at the venu starts at 5-6

doubles at flea's house starts at 11 sharp

Lounis bought his very own 'pocket DQ' hammer so don't show up late.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Its at some dudes house.

lol Mad shady. not legit at all. 30 minutes from real tournament.

sigh. Rouge doubles in a remote location.

the kindest bear: see if we just do singles we can sleep all late as ****
the kindest bear: roll up around 5 6 pm
the kindest bear: be rested
the kindest bear: fruit juice in hand
Dylan Noclass: hmm
the kindest bear: if we do doubles were getting up at 5 am
the kindest bear: you know this dudes apartment is not going to be legit
the kindest bear: its going to be hot in there
the kindest bear: crowded
how can you do doubles for semi national attended tournament in an apartment
the kindest bear: i predict fail
no amount of grape drink in the world will please dogy samich when he sees this apartment

bigman40

Smash Master
We're sorry that we couldn't get an actual venue for doubles. The actual tourney can't get ahold of the singles venue because it's completely occupied until late that afternoon. We attempted to get a room at Devry (all the other venues we could possibly use are further away), but they shot us down. Be thankful we at least have doubles now. This tourney was technically meant just for singles.

FYI he'll be using two apartment rooms; not one.

On that note, I'ma chat with Flea tomorrow/today to get all the official details.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Anyone bringing a live stream? Is sleepy going?

and I just realized there is no rule set officially posted, although it is probably the same one that USGA/WABA uses since they're hosting it, I just want to make sure it is the same rule set before updating my thread with it

edit can someone also confirm this for dubz:

Time: 11am iirc
Address: 455 Dekalb Industrial Way, Decatur GA 30030-1737
Food: Burgers, hot dogs, and grape drank
Payout: 60,30,10 iirc
Entry Fee: 20$ per team, 5$ door fee.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^?

also if you don't like the doubles venue then just don't go to doubles...that simple. Just stop *****ing about it and bringing the hype for this tournament down.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Doubles is pretty optional. People dont have to show up if they dont want to.

Singles is what the main attraction is with the $1000 brawl pot guaranteed.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Flying at 11:30 AM if I find the right airlines -.- Inui screwed up I think so I can't even check my flight info. I'll call you Biglou whenever I make it there.

-Ally

Waba

Smash Apprentice
We do NOT need anymore TVs...

Waba/USGA will provide 22 TVs for this tournament (plus we have 6 additional Full set ups from the community), but would like you to bring your SSBB/SSF4 game and/or Wii/PS3/360 console to help run this tournament faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom