• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waddle Throw ~ Amazing

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Waddle Doo's suck.

I am the luckiest DeDeDe player I get Gordo's way too often.

Gordos > U

/thread.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Waddle Doo's suck.

I am the luckiest DeDeDe player I get Gordo's way too often.

Gordos > U

/thread.
That's actually correct, King Dedede's Waddle Dee throw has so much lag lol, and really, the only good one is the gordo, which has like a 10% chance of being released, if i remember correctly. It's not extremely bad, but it isn't anything great either.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Waddle Dee throw gets punished easily, it has too much lag lol... I only use it for camping and Gordo's.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Would it be possible to take two waddles, and lock the person in much like diddy's bananas? Even if only at low percentage.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Maybe but the Waddle Dee's have to be together and the person must be extremely ******** lol

All you'd had to do is press a move a little bit and press a again XDD.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Would it be possible to take two waddles, and lock the person in much like diddy's bananas? Even if only at low percentage.
If you opponent doesn't regain control quickly, you can psuedo-lock them in the air, I can chain like 5 waddle throws sometimes.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If your opponent is any good, what they SHOULD do against King DDD if he camps Waddle Dees is powershield and punish. This isn't hard at all unless you play wifi a lot.

It's nothing remarkable...it's free damage against some predictable approaches...you scare your opponent a **** ton if you get a Gordo, but you can't rely on that. At least you can outcamp some other characters with this projectile like Link and other characters that rely on projectile camping, but don't fire at a fast rate.

Also, Waddle Dee camping is silly against G&W.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
pffffffft, I've never found powershielding difficult, and I play on wifi constantly.

DonkeyKongUh

Smash Cadet
I get half my kills from the waddle dees jumping out of nowhere, waddle doo leading to fsmash, or gordo... xD They also be good meatsheilds, and can kinda control the stage...

Little Devil

Smash Cadet
Thay can be used as living walls - both waddles can. Nice against spammy chars like Pit, sometimes Mario, Wolf, Link. Though they can get around them quite easily, they need a certain time to do so. Simply place the next waddle...

cowsareforeating

Smash Rookie
Note: Pit's arrows are higher than the height of waddle dees or doos

Anyways, quick question actually...
Is there a difference in lag/frame time between the initial waddle dee or doo throw and the secondary throw (pressing a or z while standing on/next to an already thrown waddle dee)?

I find that secondary throws are very good for screwing up opponents spacing a la bananas, but different. Not that they haven't screwed my attempted smash attack or inhale up before... but throwing into waddle doos are awesome.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Just full jump over them with any character whose airspeed is faster than their dash. Don't jump into them also.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
People already said this before, but I am going to say it again, because it is true. His side B has much more lag than other projectiles.
This is coming from me: Waddle Doos are only "too good" or "broken" if you know how to use them, meaning timing their beam attack so you can do an attack that will lead your opponent to it. Waddle Doo > Gordo any day! XD

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Aha!

People begin to understand.

It's hilarious, because most people have no idea what to do against waddle camping. It's unlike other forms of projectile camping, so, despite the lag, you can confuse them pretty badly.

Mix it up with standing WTs, SH WTs, and full hops WTs.

You'll begin to see their pattern of approach, and therefore figure out which form of WT is best for the situation.

Also, it's very difficult for them to camp as well, because your Waddles will block their projectiles.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Aha!

People begin to understand.

It's hilarious, because most people have no idea what to do against waddle camping. It's unlike other forms of projectile camping, so, despite the lag, you can confuse them pretty badly.

Mix it up with standing WTs, SH WTs, and full hops WTs.

You'll begin to see their pattern of approach, and therefore figure out which form of WT is best for the situation.

Also, it's very difficult for them to camp as well, because your Waddles will block their projectiles.
Brawl is about camping. Any move you can camp with is a good move. Waddle throw is a good move.

Don't forget you can slightly tilt your waddle throws and slightly alter the speed of the projectiles (just like Link's boomerang, but not as noticeable). It's really easy to throw people off by mixing up the angle and speed you throw at. It also helps that Gordos throw at a completely different speed and angle than waddles. Also since Waddles/Gordos are so big and travel so slow when thrown normally it's very easy to catch someone out of an air-dodge with one.

Top Bottom