• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wah Wah Wario MU "Cheat Sheet" UPDATED A LITTLE BIT

BPx

Smash Lord
Ok guys, I'm trying to compile a cheat sheet (probably something like the donkey kong boards, except better cause we're wario)

I'm going to try to maintain this and start filling it out accordingly as you guys give me info/I gather it from our boards and all of the other character boards. One bad thing I've noticed is that wario discussions tend to die out pretty quickly so keep talking about your favorite CPs/bans for certain characters. This will help players who don't have the opportunity to play a large variety of characters.

Will also be making this actually look presentable when it is close to finished.

BPx

Smash Lord
:metaknight:
[COLLAPSE="Meta Knight"]MU Ratio: -1(BBR); 45:55, can be argued 40:60(Boards)
Counterpick stages: *Most players agree this is preference* BF, FD, SV, RC, Brinstar, NORFAIR IF ITS EVER LEGAL
Stages to ban: FD, Yoshi's, Delfino, Frigate
MU summary:
-Be very careful about leaving your bike on stage, you are hella gimpable without it.
-MK will constantly be walling you, and good MKs will do it very effectively. Bait and punish, make reads, all that jazz, or you probably won't get in.
-MK's Uair will pretty much stop any approach from above we have, so don't try to spam dair into him.
-Fart/Clap EVERY missed shuttle loop(grounded shuttle loop is especially weak). This is a big % of the damage you will get. Make sure that when you punish, punish as hard as possible.
-Nair OoS is good, don't get too predictable, though.
[/COLLAPSE]
:snake:
[COLLAPSE="Snake"]MU Ratio: 0(BBR); 50:50, maybe 55:45(Boards)
Counterpick stages: Brinstar, BF, SV
Stages to ban: FD
MU summary:
-Bite cypher for early kills. You can also bair Snake for a lot of damage when he is recovering mid/high.
-You can be hit by Nair, Bair, Uair, Utilt, and C4 out of grab release. His downthrow tech chase is also amazing because of Wario's terrible roll. Snake has a really good pivot grab, so be wary of that. Don't get grabbed.
-CHASE HIM IN THE AIR. Snake's tilts will destroy you, so make sure you get your damage when he is in the air.
-Pay attention to grenades/C4, this will be a main source of Snake's damage in this MU.
[/COLLAPSE]
:diddy:
[COLLAPSE="Diddy Kong"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); 55:45(Boards)
Counterpick stages: Brinstar, Cruise, Frigate
Stages to ban: FD, Yoshi's,
MU summary:
-Camp for wafts, Diddy's recovery is fairly easy to fart when you learn it.
-Diddy flip kick WILL beat most of your moves, most of the time. Dodge it and punish landing lag.
-Stay in the air, you will be killed and trapped on the ground.
-Taking one of Diddy Kong's bananas and running around with it and playing keep away can really screw up their game.
-Diddy is one of the few characters you can actually fight, that said, mix up camping and fighting. That will give you variety and throw the diddy off.
-If you are good with items, don't be afraid to use them. Otherwise, take advantage of bite to rid the battlefield of bananas.
-When Diddy gets aggressive, use bite to stop approaches, this will stop momentum and let you back off if needed.
-Nair beats rocket barrels offstage, and tossing bikes when he recovering low is always a strong option.
[/COLLAPSE]
:falco:
[COLLAPSE="Falco"]MU Ratio: 0(BBR); probably 45:55(Boards)
Counterpick stages: Frigate, Cruise, Brinstar, Delfino
MU summary:
-Downsmash and bite will screw with illusion. If you bite falco in the starting or ending frames of his illusion, it will look like a cypher bite and you can put him in a really bad position offstage.
-You can't really camp a patient Falco, lasers will be the hardest thing to avoid when getting in.
-From 53%-70% you can start the buffered downthrow CG that goes to around 120%. Falco can CG you into a spike off stage, SDI into the stage and tech. Falco also has a grab release spike when you're held off the side.
[/COLLAPSE]
:marth:
[COLLAPSE="Marth"]MU Ratio: -2(BBR); 40:60(Boards)
Counterpick stages: Cruise, SV, BF, Delfino, Frigate, PS1?
Stages to ban: Yoshi's, FD
MU summary:
-Grab release things: He can reverse tipper uptilt, tipper upsmash, tipper nair, uair, and reverse tipper fsmash(kills at like 100%, tops). This **** will hurt.
-He will be walling you. Stay close to him but not in his range. Punish laggy moves and be creative with baiting.
-Make Marth work for the kills. Giving him a grab and an early kill can really screw you up.
-Marth's recovery is very one dimensional, use this to your advantage to land early kills /gimps with waft and fair.
-If you run in and shield Marth's fair, you get a free fair.
[/COLLAPSE]
:popo:
[COLLAPSE="Ice Climbers"]MU Ratio: 0(BBR); 55:45(Boards)
Counterpick stages: Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, preference. Neutrals work well too.
Stages to ban: FD is the most common, but I find the big stage can help running from them. Pick the neutral you don't like and ban it, thats where they will take you.
MU summary:
- Stay in the air or on a platform and keep moving to avoid grabs. One grab and you're dead.
- If they desync (seperate) GO FOR NANA. She runs for Popo and won't dodge your waft. If you rack damage on her and not popo, you will split them with all of your moves. This makes it very easy to put pressure on.
- N-Air and D-Air in the middle of them to separate them. Hit nana.
- Offstage, throw a tire down at Nana during their Recovery move to minimize distance. Desyncing them while recovering will gimp most IC players. Antipate when they will upb and hit nana first.
- Full hop dair is really safe, and can get you damage. Be careful how you land around ICs.
- Downthrow is good.
- When you get a lead, make them approach, then punish. Easiest way to get damage on them.
[/COLLAPSE]
:olimar:
[COLLAPSE="Olimar"]MU Ratio: 0(BBR); 55:45(Boards)
Counterpick stages: Smashville, Brinstar, Frigate(first transformation is bad for olimar, 2nd one is pretty good. if you camp effectively you can use this stage very well.)
Stages to ban: Halberd
MU summary:
-He is gimpable, steal jumps with fair, wall with bair and grab the edge when he drops too low. ezpz
-When you are on the ledge and he is out of jumps and going for the kamakaze up-b, roll onto the stage when he is doing it, this will save your life.
-Watch his pikmin, purples will kill you super early, and you need to be living for a long time in this MU.
-Clap him, olimar is really weak from below. Watch out for his nair, though.
-Dair and Clap to get pikmin off, remember this stales your moves, so dair is better most of the time.
-NAIR IS REALLY GOOD. Like, nair will combo into any move and you can get lots of damage off. Be careful with nair2 because he can upsmash you. Nair->bite, grab, fsmash(risky), and more nair.
[/COLLAPSE]
:pikachu2:
[COLLAPSE="Pikachu"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); 55:45(Boards)
Counterpick stages: Brinstar, BF, FD?
Stages to ban: Pikachus like Cruise and Frigate. Pick the one you like the least.
MU summary:
-Tap up on your control stick to get out of downsmash. (thanks StealthRaptor)
-CHAINGRAB: 7% - 26% + regrab /// Dthrow x 2 > grab
-If pika is fair walling you, bair him.
-Dair works well to approach with.
-Fsmash and waft for early kills.
-Bike will block thundershock, Be careful to not get gimped, though. Pika can do a lot with his upb, it can screw with you offstage.
-Avoid fairs and punish.
[/COLLAPSE]
:dedede:
[COLLAPSE="King Dedede"]MU Ratio: -1(BBR); 45:55 imo*(Boards) *This mu really depends on how you play the dedede. I honestly think wario played right this is in wario's favor, but it is really mentally draining to camp that hard.
Counterpick stages: Brinstar, SV, Frigate(I like this stage too much)
Stages to ban: Yoshi's, FD
MU summary:
-You can be grab released into upsmash, fair, nair, and bair. Don't get grabbed.
-He can chaingrab you(all of the time). Don't get grabbed.
-He will wall you with bair. If he is spacing it perfectly there isn't much you can do, get creative and punish him when he whiffs.
-You can fart the top of his Up-b.
-Bite is really good, hes really fat and it will catch poorly spaced grabs/dashgrabs. Bite-> dashgrab works up until 25%~.
-When you get him in waft %s, there is NO REASON TO APPROACH. Wait for fart to charge, look for your opening, and kill him.
-Avoid the grab, bite lots. Bite can be punished with rollbehind, so watch out.
[/COLLAPSE]
:gw:
[COLLAPSE="G&W"]MU Ratio: 0(BBR); 50:50(Boards)
Counterpick stages: Smashville, BF? I like neutrals here, if anyone knows a better CP let me know.
Stages to ban: Cruise, Frigate, Halberd?
MU summary:
-GnW has more range and priority than you. As usual, bait and punish his moves. His dair can be shieldgrabbed for easy punishes.
-Mix up your recovery when coming back to the stage. Don't get predictable, GnWs love to gimp.
-Watch out for smash attacks. They are quick and spamming them is a viable option for him. Be careful.
-DACUS to punish him. He will be walling you, but you can sneak in with a quick dacus.
-Keep lots of shield pressure up. Dair will wreck him in his shield. His grab is really bad too so you can probably get away with a few dair->bites.
-Be careful of his upsmash. Dair will lose and airdodging into it can get you wrecked. Avoid at all costs.
[/COLLAPSE]
:lucario:
[COLLAPSE="Lucario"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); 55:45(Boards)
Counterpick stages: SV, Brinstar, Cruise
MU summary:
-Waft early to prevent aura from getting too strong.
-Dair is pretty good, just watch out for his uptilt, it will stop most of your moves.
-WATCH AURA SPERES. Getting hit by these can destroy you.
-Clap can punish his dair, the spacing is kinda tight though.
-Pay close attention to when he starts forcing a kill. Punish this :)
-Be careful with spotdodges/airdodges. As his aura gets bigger, these will because very punishable.
[/COLLAPSE]
:zerosuitsamus:
[COLLAPSE="ZSS"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); 55:45(Boards)
Counterpick stages: SV, Brinstar, BF
MU summary:
-DI away from her uair strings. They hurt.
-Go pwneroni on her suit pieces, they can really **** her up.
-When she is on the ground, try to stay in the air. Downsmash sucks, watch for it.
-She has an infinite.
-Fair her double jump, and try to gimp her. Putting pressure on her offstage isn't very risky, so abuse it.
-Spotdodge her laggy grab and punish.
-You can be grab released into fair and bair I think. No kill moves, though.
[/COLLAPSE]
:toonlink:
[COLLAPSE="Toon Link"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); 55:45(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:kirby2:
[COLLAPSE="Kirby"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:fox:
[COLLAPSE="Fox"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:rob:
[COLLAPSE="R.O.B."]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:pit:
[COLLAPSE="Pit"]MU Ratio: +2(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:peach:
[COLLAPSE="Peach"]MU Ratio: -2(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:dk2:
[COLLAPSE="Donkey Kong"]MU Ratio: +2(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:luigi2:
[COLLAPSE="Luigi"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:wolf:
[COLLAPSE="Wolf"]MU Ratio: +3(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:sonic:
[COLLAPSE="Sonic"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:ike:
[COLLAPSE="Ike"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:sheik:
[COLLAPSE="Sheik"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:ness2:
[COLLAPSE="Ness"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:pt:
[COLLAPSE="Pokemon Trainer"]MU Ratio: +2(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:yoshi2:
[COLLAPSE="Yoshi"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:lucas:
[COLLAPSE="Lucas"]MU Ratio: +2(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:mario2:
[COLLAPSE="Mario"]MU Ratio: +2(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:bowser2:
[COLLAPSE="Bowser"]MU Ratio: +3(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:falcon:
[COLLAPSE="Captain Falcon"]MU Ratio: +1(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:samus2:
[COLLAPSE="Samus"]MU Ratio: +2(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:jiggypuff:
[COLLAPSE="Jigglypuff"]MU Ratio: +2(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:link2:
[COLLAPSE="Link"]MU Ratio: +2(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:zelda:
[COLLAPSE="Zelda"]MU Ratio: +2(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]
:ganondorf:
[COLLAPSE="Ganondorf"]MU Ratio: +2(BBR); __________(Boards)
Counterpick stages:
Stages to ban:
MU summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

BPx

Smash Lord
Added prelim writeups through marth, let me know what you guys think, feel free to post info on the MUs you know best!

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'll try and get a chance to look more at this later, but for the first few MUs, it seems like it will be useful. The MK one seems pretty accurate so far. Thanks for making this thread, I see that it will grow.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
can't we just say "advantage/slight advantage/even/slight disadvantage/disadvantage" instead of number ratios

BPx

Smash Lord
Yeah, we could do that. Want me to just take out the BBR ratio too?

I think coloring the names would be better than taking out #s, thats a good idea.
red, orange, yellow, light green, dark green?

Labernash

Smash Lord
I think keep the numbers, but color up the names with Red, Yellow, and Green for Disadvantage, Even, and Advantage respectivley.

I'll do some writeups a little later, but this is going to be really handy!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Pretty legit so far BPx! One thing I learned while writing the AT thread, is that you will probably get very little help with projects like this. Some may help, but on the whole you are going to be doing most of it. If you're up for the challenge though, you can really contribute to the Wario boards and thousands will appreciate your hard work :)

Against Olimar: Wario's Nair is very effective, generally puts Olimar in the perfect range for follow ups at low percentages. Jab does as well.

Against D3/Lucario/MK/Olimar/DK/Diddy/Marth/Mario prolly forgetting some: Knock off the ledge, edge crash bike, throw bike upwards and tactically grab the ledge. The vertical bouncing bike will be covering the landing option, so if you take away the ledge then they will be forced to recover into the bike for BIG DAMAGE.

Against Sheik: You can SDI her grab release Usmash downwards and behind her, so that you are hit into the weaker hitbox and can survive with godly DI to 160% on FD.

Against Ness: Pummel grab release Fsmash.

Against Lucario: If you bait his Fair, you can wait till the hitbox disappears and poke in with your own Fair in his small amount of lag.

BPx

Smash Lord
I plan on finishing this :D
I have mon,tues,and weds off, i'll try to get a few done before then, but i'll probably get a majority of this done then.

BPx

Smash Lord
-If you run in and shield Marth's fair, you get a free fair.
dyno said this when i was talking to him on aim, it made sense, i haven't gotten a chance to try it.

and you don't think marth is gimpable? you can trade fart with dolphin slash(when timed right,), and fair will put him in really bad position. his recovery isn't bad, but the only ways to recover distance are fully charged neut b, dolph slash and jump-sideb. i don't know about you, but these aren't hard to predict because he can usually only do them a few ways to get back safely

explanation please, broheim

Lord Chair

Smash Master
You can only real punish his fair with your own fair if:

- It's a non-spaced non-tipper (or a terribly spaced tipper) AND
- It's not fastfalled.

The problem with gimping Marth is the fact that you have to come from slightly below him if you want to execute it properly. Fair doesn't have the range to weave in and out with (offstage that is) and bair doesn't quite gimp him. You can rack damage on him somewhat (offstage) but you can't gimp him so much.

The options you name, invincifarting and nairing his upB, can definitely work. They are extremely hard to execute however. While I usually don't take execution difficulty into account in matchups, it's simply not realistic to gimp Marth this way. You don't have much of a timeframe to work with in contrast to the window Marth has to perform his recovery.

If Marth DIs properly and has his jump, you don't have much of a chance to gimp him. If you managed to make him use his jump (or he just jumps stupidly) you can definitely gimp him with the proper execution, but I don't really recommend invincinairing/farting.

If Marth just randomly SH fairs your shield without the proper spacing then he's not treating the MU properly.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Here's a head start. I'm not 100% on all of this, but I gathered stuff from the MU thread and experience. Correct what needs it:

Ice Climbers - Boards MU: 55-45/60-40 Wario's favor -
*CP: Brinstar, BF, or SV. -
Ban: FD. -
MU Summary:
*- Try and stay in the air or on a platform and keep moving to avoid grabs. Grab could mean loss of stock.
- If they desync (seperate) GO FOR NANA. She runs for Popo and won't dodge your waft.
- N-Air and D-Air in the middle of them to separate them. Then kil Nana.
- Higher % you can Bair and push them.
- Offstage, throw a tire down at Nana during their Recovery move to minimize distance.

Olimar - Boards MU: 55-45 Wario's favor -
CP: BF, Halberd. -
Ban: FD? -
MU Summary:*
- Get him offstage as often as you can.
- He is easy to gimp, so do it.
- Edgehog his recovery. Easytime.
- Avoid his grabs as they deal damage.
- Your U-Air beats his D-Air usually.
- N-Air and D-Air if you have Pikmin on you. Try not to waft if you have Pikmin on you as well.
- Bite him if he Whistles when you approach.*

Pikachu - Boards MU: 55-45 Wario's favor -
CP: Brinstar, BF, Halberd?
Ban: FD?*
MU Summary:
*- Grabs on us at low % means a short Chaingrab.
- Waft for early, early kills.
- If you approach him from above, be weary of Thunder.*
- Think twice before chasing Pika offstage. Best just to retreat, unless you're good.
- Bite his Up-B and Side-B.
- Space F-Air carefully.*
- B-Air can kil offstage

King Dedede - Boards MU: 40-60/50-50/60-40 Dedede's favor, even, then Wario's favor. Stage dependent.*
CP: Norfair if it's legal, BF, SV, Brinstar
Ban: YI, FD
- If you get grabbed, you will die. So, platform camp and watch Waddle Dees.
- Dedede looks funny when you bite him. Lololol.
- B-Air walls hurt, which he wil do. So using Wario powa, get in and F-Air or something.
- Force him offstage and punish his recovery move.
- Tires are very handy in this MU. Keep them bouncing to stop a CG maybe.
- Crazy range on his tilts. So aircamp?

Mr. Game and Watch - Boards MU: 50-50
CP: Brinstar, Norfair, BF
Ban: FD? YI?
MU Summary:
- I wrote something up in the Q&A thread. Handy dandy.

Lucario - Boards MU: 55-45 Wario's favor.
CP: SV, Brinstar
Ban: FD?
MU Summary:
- Kill him with Waft at about 80%-90% so he doesn't get too tough.*
- N-Air and D-Air are handy. Watch his tilts and go in.
- He will chain F-Airs on us if we let him. So space and time.
- Get him offstage, and he could be easy to gimp/edgehog.
- Aura Spheres hurt, but you CAN easily avoid them.

Zero Suit Samus - Boards MU: 55-45 Warios Favor.
CP: SV, Brinstar, Norfair, BF.
Ban: FD?
MU Summary:
- Her U-Air is a beast.
- She starts with an item. Bite the armour pieces or catch then and use them.
-SDI her U-Smash if she ever uses it. Get yourself in a bete position.
- If she is in the air, get on the ground. If she's on the ground, get in the air.
- She has an infinite I think.
- Get her offstage and you could gimp her. If her recovery move hits you at it's highest point, you wil be spiked.*
- Spotdodge her grab or something, troll, then punish.

Toon Link - Boards MU: 55-45 Wario's Favor.
CP: BF
MU Summary:
- If he throws a bomb at you from the side, shield it, then jump and Z-catch it.
- Get in his face, and make him panic.
- Hop over and around his projectiles. He can bounce his 'rang off the ground for a different angle, so watch for patterns, and punish accordingly.
- Don't F-Tilt to much. He will shield grab you.*
- His recovery move is pretty good, so watch it buster. Not much gimping him
- Waft for early kills. Half waft kills at 60% or less offstage.
- Bite > Jab1 > F-Smash > Butt taunt is handy in this MU

Lord Chair

Smash Master
ever since i started playing him

never thought otherwise since

edit:
King Dedede - Boards MU: 40-60/50-50/60-40 Dedede's favor, even, then Wario's favor. Stage dependent.*
CP: Norfair if it's legal, BF, SV, Brinstar
- If you get grabbed, you will die. So, platform camp and watch Waddle Dees.
- Dedede looks funny when you bite him. Lololol.
- B-Air walls hurt, which he wil do. So using Wario powa, get in and N-Air or something.
- Force him offstage and punish his recovery move.
- Tires are very handy in this MU. Keep them bouncing to stop a CG maybe.
- Crazy range on his tilts. So aircamp?
fair, not nair... wario can't effectively beat bair unless you perfectly time a fair or get in below with a shield, which is what 90% of the MU is about

Labernash

Smash Lord
ever since i started playing him

never thought otherwise since

edit:

fair, not nair... wario can't effectively beat bair unless you perfectly time a fair or get in below with a shield, which is what 90% of the MU is about
Aye, thanks Chair. I edited before BPOW gets back!

BPx

Smash Lord
i've been so lazyyyyyyyyyy, sorry. putting in the ones you did now labby

updated a little, will be back on later tonight, maybe i'll update again:O

SAX

Smash Ace
I agree with most of the high tier stuff, except that I believe MK to be 40:60 and Falco should be even. 55-45 in our favor if you can do the chain grab.

I also agree with DeDeDe being 45:55. It's not as hard as you think as long as you have the patience ^_^. Fair and bite make it a living nightmare for DeDeDe lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I like how your :dedede: cheat sheet says to not get grabbed like 3 or 4 times rofl. Don't get me wrong though it SHOULD be emphasized..lol

Also I agree that MU is -1. Most mid level Warios get wrecked because they get too impatient. High level Warios that actually realize that we're giant, slow and fat just camp us until they have an opening. Its the only way.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Maybe say "how" not to get grabbed, rather than say "don't get grabbed"? I mean, it really is a given not to get grabbed haha.

- Poke with fullhop retreating Fairs (safe) and fullhop Dairs
- Make sure to land outside his grab range (safe) or be sneaky and land behind him (less safe). Make it hard for him to grab you.
- Mix up your attacks on his shield with bite, D3 will probably spend a lot of time on the ground in his shield.
- If he is walling with his Bair, try running forward and shielding. If his Bair hits your shield, you can punish with Oos Nair. Also try airdodging thru him and striking his front with a quick Nair, Wario can't really compete with D3's Bair directly. It's all about the bobbing and weaving!
- Tires are metaphorically **** against D3 if used right, they make it a lot harder for him to grab you, and provide pressure that may lead to higher damage situations.
- A retreating Nair1 that hit's the upper corner of D3's shield is ungrabbable.
- When D3 is recovering, edge crash the bike and throw it upwards, then grab the ledge. Be wary of swallowcide, D3's recovery options are very risky at this point: If he does his upB, then he will hit the bike and take lots of damage. He cannot get the ledge with you on it, make sure you have invincibility at the adequate time.
- D3 is heavy, and therefore prone to get ***** by awesome Wario combos. Just don't get carried away and get grabbed.
- Try to use less ground moves against D3. He has greater speed and range than you on the ground, stay in the air and use quick low lag attacks. Try and avoid using Wario's Fsmash, too risky.
- Wario's Uair, when used close to the ground and on the back of D3's shield, is extremely hard to punish. An Uair on the front of his shield is very PUNISHABLE.
- Wario's Bair can be a good kill move at very high percentages. Space close to D3 and keep your back to him, if he leaves an opening you can strike with a quick shorthop Bair.
- Wario, when grabbed by D3, will most likely be grab released so you should mash out ASAP. Exceptions are on stages with uneven floors (Lylat, Halberd, Yoshi's), and you should be careful not to force an air release.

There are different ways you can play the D3 matchup with Wario. My specific style is more risky, but also has a bigger potential for reward. As player skill progresses, I believe that the risk will diminish while the reward grows.

Maybe a helpful match to watch

BPx

Smash Lord
its how i learned to not get grabbed, but that doesn't mean its good haha. i'll try to be a little more specific :p

good info pwn, i'll get around to doing another bunch of chars in my next few days off :)

low tier stuff might be wrongish though, i'm going to check our boards and the other chars boards + what i know. hopefully thats enough to make it not suck.

i hope this is helping some of you guys.

Croi

Smash Lord
I did a thing for ROB, based pretty much on my own experiences though so take it how you will:

:rob::

Counterpicks: BF, LC, Brinstar, PS1?
Bans: FD, Halberd
MU:

- ROBs love the Gyromite and they love to press down+B almost reflexively. If you get it, try to keep it away from ROB but still onstage for as long as you can. Throwing it back can be fun but it's risky.
- If ROB gets the Gyromite in his hands while onstage, expect a glide-toss 100% of the time. Best stay in the air but he can glide right into your bite if you're ballsy.
- ROB normally doesn't have a grab-release on Wario unless you press up while you're mashing out. In that case, he has a grab-release to fsmash, fsmash-tilted-up, usmash, nair, fair, possibly dair. So basically just don't get grabbed.
- ROB's strongest weapon is his nair; it has big priority, reaches quite a distance around him in a sphere, and its hitbox lasts forever and a half. It's really slow and predictable, though, so a bait shouldn't be tough.
- ROB's recovery is nearly ungimpable, especially with no spike. But they'll be more focused on recovering than attacking, so pressuring them ought to be easy. Throwing the bike at him might be a good idea. Prime time for a waft, too.
- The hitbox on ROB's bair lasts twenty minutes.
- His dsmash is top-tier, but a smart ROB will try to not spam it, because a predicted dsmash gets nair'd or wafted in the face.
- He can gimp you really easily off your bike with a laser and Gyromite, and it only takes a few seconds before it's charged enough to cut through you. Like Falco, it's tough to camp ROB because of that laser and the Gyromite, and he can bounce it off the ground for extra tricky.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Wario does not get grab released by ROB, unless you press "up" while mashing out or are dangling in the air.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Nice job Croi :) spot on! Oh you may want to include ROB on the ledge too, that is where a portion of the battling is going to be. ROB can be extremely safe on the ledge with his Nair, Fair and Uair, also obviously he is going to be shooting lasers and gyros as well. The trick is to stay near the ledge in your shield, because you can shield grab lots of ROB's stuff if he tries to land onstage with it. Do not, I repeat do not attempt to battle ROB offstage while he is on the ledge, he can **** you pretty durn hard :O

Also getting the bike out and breaking it for tires is tough against ROB. He can shoot you from across the map with his laser, so to avoid unnecessary damage you need to keep your eye on the robot and use quick attacks to break the motorcycle. :)

Labernash

Smash Lord
Mind games I used on a Falco today.

1) Jab1 run away.
2) Stand there and take lazers, Falco gets bored, runs at you, 1:30 waft.

I was yelling "mindgamemindgamemindgame!" and he fell for them every time! Add these. Victory will be a true combo for Wario.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can only real punish his fair with your own fair if:

- It's a non-spaced non-tipper (or a terribly spaced tipper) AND
- It's not fastfalled.

The problem with gimping Marth is the fact that you have to come from slightly below him if you want to execute it properly. Fair doesn't have the range to weave in and out with (offstage that is) and bair doesn't quite gimp him. You can rack damage on him somewhat (offstage) but you can't gimp him so much.

The options you name, invincifarting and nairing his upB, can definitely work. They are extremely hard to execute however. While I usually don't take execution difficulty into account in matchups, it's simply not realistic to gimp Marth this way. You don't have much of a timeframe to work with in contrast to the window Marth has to perform his recovery.

If Marth DIs properly and has his jump, you don't have much of a chance to gimp him. If you managed to make him use his jump (or he just jumps stupidly) you can definitely gimp him with the proper execution, but I don't really recommend invincinairing/farting.

If Marth just randomly SH fairs your shield without the proper spacing then he's not treating the MU properly.
If you're way behind on the stock or have a stock up, do a fastfall pivot bite. Will eat him out of his up B (and kill you both). Works on Ike too. Fun little trix.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
does that work with him coming from any angle?

also, how does it kill him :X it sends him back higher than where he came from, provided he mashes the way he should

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You're fastfalling it, he won't have time to mash out before you drop below the recovery point. If he's low health and you slowfall it, then yes, he can get out.

This works if they recover low. If they recover wide you should be able to fair/nair/bike them.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
the tips against zss were not usefull, quiksilver destroyed me so hard :'D

Top Bottom