• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wall jumps?

nammfoodle

Smash Rookie
Why did Nintendo spend their valuable time and money programming wall jumps for certain characters? The only characters that can do it are pichu, young link, mario, fox, falco, samus, and capt. falcon. nobody else can. not even the clones. mario can walljump, but luigi and dr. mario can't. young link can do it but link can't. Has anyone actually used these abilities?

Victawr

Smash Cadet
Yes, actually, I use them a lot as C. Falcon. Walljump Knee is incredibly useful.
Also a good mindgame recovery as my Falco. FF to walljump, then side-B on stage or to the sweetspot.

I think your post is wrong about who can do it, but hey, I'll leave that for others to point out..

JPOBS

Smash Hero
walljjumps are great for certain chars especially falco and falcon. it adds versitility to their awful recoveries and i personally walljump a lot.

plus its for teh kumboz and kewlness.
also, shiek can walljump fyi

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
The walljump animation was there anyway for all characters because of techjumping off walls.
Letting a few characters (most of which could wall jump in their own games anyway) do it in normal situations probably didn't really cost them much time, money, or effort.
I think you're just looking for things to complain about.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you forgot sheik on your list of characters.

yes, lots of people use wall jumping. it adds extra options during recovery. Nintendo didn't give it to the slower characters because wall jumping isn't something a fatass can do (trust me i've tried)

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
when I play as mario, i double tap back and he will walljump from holding the ledge giving me time to do any aerial and still have my second jump to be able to recover back on the board. This move works on any stage that has a ledge (lol all of them). Mario FTW

rhan

Smash Hero
You forgot that SHeik can wall jump also.

Wall jumping is situational but it's great to have an upper hand on a opponent that can't do it.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
it's a unique ability, like floating, tethering, and gliding are. nothing wrong with that. too bad almost all of the best walljumping stages are banned, and 2 are debateable (Peach's castle and MK II.)

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I love how Scar repeated it so we didn't have to. Even though I ended up running it back anyway.

Top Bottom