• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Walmart Mafia - Game! Capitalism WINS!!!! HAHA **** you commies! =D

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I kinda like WL in the sense based on re-read that he's really earnest and well, he seems genuinely believable. I tried reading further into his arguments about Rake and if he somehow contradicted his stance in there somewhere but he was really stubborn in a good way about it. The only thing I'm worried about is how he just dropped everything and just voted FML, but seeing how Ruy was the other option and he's not stupid to hammered an uncc'd PR, not even to take a bullet. In that light, it's not as important as I want it to be. I don't recall WL's meta to a tee and I doubt I'll go to that length.

I'll read Joey later but I really did like him earlier on, but now he's kinda dissipated into the background.

And then, only Vinyl. was left. I'm about to throw my hands up in the air at this point because nothing is salvageable about Vinyl. and he will not be a help in any later phases. Here's to taking chances.

Vote: Vinyl.
Pretty sure he is gonna flip town.

Better idea,

Vote: WashedLaundry

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I doubt Vinyl is scum with what little he gave.

WL fits as a traitor better with how he acted Day 2.

Don't think MP is scum, musguided but not scum.

Not sure what I think of you.

Same with Joey.

PJB is not scum.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I doubt Vinyl is scum with what little he gave.

WL fits as a traitor better with how he acted Day 2.

Don't think MP is scum, musguided but not scum.

Not sure what I think of you.

Same with Joey.

PJB is not scum.
Man you finally had started actually saying things and now you're shutting up again and saying one-liners as if that's cool?

How am I the traitor based on how I acted D2?

How is Vinyl not scum with what little he gave? He's given nothing since I've gotten here and while FML was trying so desperately to remove him that has no bearing on him actually being a traitor or not since they don't know he's scum.

This is no point in the game to be unsure about people. You should rectify those reads.

PJB is practically confirmed at this point (don't know why Joey is trying to keep him on the table) as I think he's the shot scum made N2 though I don't know for certain given KBG was the one shooting the gun.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Can the traitor kill if he wasn't recruited? If the traitor wasn't recruited, then it seems like we're good to go.

We can lynch off the question marks 1 by 1 until we have 4 players left.

PJB isn't confirmed town. Protect stops the kill, so he couldn't be recruited that night if he was the traitor.

Makes me believe that traitor wasn't recruited and KBG simply forgot to send in a kill honestly.

I'm just spewing stuff at this point but all of this needs to be considered regardless of how not certain it is lol.
oh whoops that's sensible

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Okay, here's the deal, I just reread the traitor's role and it's different than I've seen him played in other games where there was a traitor.

I'm going to shed off my RR suspicions and give it a shot.

Vote VinyL.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
For those who are curious what I mean, in other games I've played where there's a traitor, the traitor does not know who the mafia is, and he chooses whether to present himself to one person at night to try to be initiated into the mafia. If he presents himself to mafia, he becomes one, if not, the person he presents himself to is told the identity of the traitor.

I was just assuming "Oh, I know what this role is," when I didn't.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
What do other people expect the traitor to do in this situation (meaning the situation where he knows the scum team, but the scum team has to find him)? Honestly I expect the traitor to either play very vocal/push hardcore against the mafia and have a strong thread presence or to play really safe to the point where they're a safe shot. Traitor would have very little chance of being recruited if they're in the middle.

Looking at scummy play alone at this point won't get us our traitor imo unless the traitor literally didn't even try to get recruited and just played the game like normal hoping they'd get killed.

I just thought of something. Night one kill was Ranmaru. Night two was the traitor or hit doctor's target. Night 3 was no kill, meaning they probably didn't hit traitor unless the traitor is afk too. Ranmaru's play was OBVIOUS that he was not the traitor. I know what Zen was trying to do with claiming scum, and that was to attempt to out the traitor. Ranmaru fell for the bait so hard, and it was REALLY obvious that he wasn't traitor. Like, Zen and Ran had a hardcore discussion. Look at this block of text when Zen asked how Ran was so confident in Zen scum:

"It seeped through your play this entire game. You having a null on me, you not doing much, you trying to fake content, you having a null on others and 'understanding' my points, and then you getting this big scumread on me. It basically showed when you challenged me. If you were town you'd be able to see townme, but instead you were trying to twist it and also you didn't care to reply to my response. If you really had a problem with me you would have stated it EARLY GAME when you were talking to me. Early game scott pilgrim you were like "Ran what are you doing" and that showed you really did care. Here, you did not"

This SCREAMS not traitor to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I honestly think that scum was just going after people that would bring issues to them, not people that they thought could be the traitor based on this alone. I don't see how they could think he was traitor after being so confident in Zen scum. Of course, I'm slightly biased because we know now that he's town, but like... I don't see how anyone could get traitor after reading this.

Soup is probably not the traitor. He pretty much put both scum in the spot light when FML was already close to a lynch, and unless he wanted both of his scum mates dead, I don't see why he would do this. (Source: post) There is a difference between pushing hardcore and literally throwing the whole scum team out into the open. I see no reason to bring this up if you were to be the traitor.

Red Ryu obviously not the traitor unless the doctor is STILL HIDING for some reason. :| Dabuz pushing FML the way that he did

I don't see why Vinyl would be so willing to afk vote both of his mafia mates off, hammering one and just voting another based on someone's request without asking why. Like, that's giving yourself zero percent chance to win when you consider how likely you'll get voted off due to lack of content (which, iirc, always happens for him).

Joker... We have to consider the possibility of him roleblocking Ryu and shooting the traitor. Joker would be my strongest bet if this were the case. He is on everyone's town list, and the way he's playing this game makes him an obvious kill choice. However, if it was Joker, there would probably be a kill, as we can EASILY PoE him out of this game if he doesn't kill.

Day 1:

People that were all over FML (from memory):
Me (Choze Zen after he claimed scum)
Soup (Chose Zen prior to him claiming scum)
Dabuz (Chose Zen prior to him claiming scum)
YOLO
Ranmaru (Chose Zen prior to him claiming scum)

everyone that chose Zen also wanted FML hardcore dead. DDoS probably caused that wagon to be weaker day 2.

People that were all over KBG (also from memory):
Me
Ranmaru
FML

Missing Person replaced Vocal?

Vote: Missing Person

I would be shocked if Joker, Soup, Red Ryu, or Vinyl were scum. As much as I hate to say it, I'd expect Yolo to bus his scum mate and just coast to end game. Fishing for town cred is a very strong possibility. He said he wanted 1 of 3 dead (me, zen, fml), but absolutely REFUSED to not go FML.

Based on day 1 alone (plus Ryu doc claim), I'd assume the following:

Vocal (MP) -> Yolo (WL) -> Myself/Vinyl -> Joker -> Soup -> Dabuz (RR)

wall of text again sorry ;_;.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
More when I'm on a computer, I think you got a good lead and I agree with you mostly, and I've been thinking about how vinyl would handle this as scum.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count
1. PB+J
2. Vinyl. (1) - MP
3. -Masquerain-
4. Red Ryu
5. soup
6. Missing Person (1) - joey
7. Washedlaundry (1) - RR
Not voting: PB+J, Vinyl., Joey, RR, WL, soup

With 7 alive it take 4 to lynch.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Right now though, we're at 6-1 as far as numbers go. If I have to eat a lynch to buy you more time for reads, than I'll eat that lynch. But your lynch direction is civ right now.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Also, seeing how we're 6-1, if Red Ryu's got a faulty claim on nurse, real nurse needs to come out with it, as well as their protections. We can lynch mafia this round and be finished in time for dinner.

If not, forever hold your peace, then we have a confirmed civ on our hands.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
As for my absence last round, I had a few instances where I had to be AFK, plus the new game on SRK started, and I got assigned an immortal role asciv, where I am always in the game thread, so that ate up a lot of my time.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Please CC me on my doc claim, please do.

Then town wins.

No one except maybe Badwolf is that stupid, BIM mafia..., I'm not dying, PJB is coming with me into Lylo, we win.

#HBC | ѕoup

Hands up in the air soup no longer ****ing cares

vote: MP

Really wanted to do more but I'm fine with this and as I was saying before about vinyls approach I think he would just give up at this point he's prone to selfhammer as either alignment and his response was fair.

#HBC | Dancer

Vote Count
1. PB+J
2. Vinyl. (1) - MP
3. -Masquerain-
4. Red Ryu
5. soup
6. Missing Person (4) - joey, RR, soup, PB+J
7. Washedlaundry
Not voting: Vinyl., Joey, WL

A lynch has been reached! Flip incoming.

#HBC | Dancer

Missing Person (A bottle of Pepto-Bismol, vanilla townie) has been lynched!

It is now Night 4! Please send in all actions by 10/11/13 at 11:59pm EST.

#HBC | ѕoup

okay well copping out didn't do any good so I'm gonna seriously read instead of mindlessly taking chance

#HBC | ѕoup

Guys, I completely understand the mindset that we're in good position, but sitting around and doing nothing isn't going to help lynch final scum. There's a reason why we ML'd yesterday and it's because nobody gave a **** and figured that numbers were on our side so we could be lazy. I don't want to do that again. I was really hoping to read people more based on their reactions of the flip or perhaps who they think could be traitor but instead I get a bad taste in my mouth as literally nothing has been done since I made my post, which was about a couple of hours ago.

#HBC | ѕoup

I really hate traitor because he's kinda like a indy mafia. There isn't anything to pick up tells with so you just have to determine scummy play in itself. In this case, I have to look at someone who is actively anti-town all the time, joey who is constantly wordy and trying to break down those walls, PJB who has the possibility of a doc save for his safe card, and WL who hardly had any impact in this game besides defending a flipped mafia. I honestly don't know where to start and I don't feel that a re-read is going to tell me anything that I might have missed. It's important for us to, I don't know, discuss **** because it's gonna help us determine who has town's best interest and who is being more survivalist. My head right now? Vinyl. looks really good for a lynch, but there are bunch of question marks that I have for other players. I would really hate myself if I let PJB go off the hook and right now I'm gut town-reading joey. WL and Vinyl. seem like the best choice but there's the fact of basically choosing which one goes first.

#HBC | ѕoup

I really don't want all this to go on deaf ears and find myself incoherently ranting to myself. It's happened too damn much and I'm getting really tired of constantly having to pick up games and taking initiative.

#HBC | ѕoup

Vote: Vinyl.

I feel that WL will be more willing to work with me and produce content eventually even if he's traitor and I'm simply going to get nothing out of Vinyl. I will not deal with that with the game at stake and have to either put my full trust on an unreadable slot or take chance and hope Vinyl.'s typical scummy ass play is actually scum. I re-read a couple of instances but I didn't really find anything to note. Right now, my basis of my reads are more tonal and I was trying to look for contradictions and inconsistencies wrt everyone. I didn't find anything alarming in Joey and that was my main concern at a time. I misread Joey in Sephiroth because I took his walls and whatnot as townie, but that's gonna get me burned if I just lead that as to town-reading Joey every game. Joey isn't dumb, and he's actually quite competent. I don't really have a solid reason to town-read him besides that and I'm placing my trust, or perhaps my own ignorance. I feel if I excused Vinyl. as being Vinyl. then he would just coast to an easy victory, and that would make me want to hang myself. He's had seriously scummy instances that don't make any ****ing sense.

#HBC | ѕoup

How is Vinyl not scum with what little he gave? He's given nothing since I've gotten here and while FML was trying so desperately to remove him that has no bearing on him actually being a traitor or not since they don't know he's scum.
WL though why the bloody hell would you say this and then just go 'lol vote MP' :I i mean i'm not any better but jesus

#HBC | ѕoup

I feel like I have a gun in my hand and I'm being forced to not shoot one of the lesser evils. On one hand, If I shoot Vinyl., he's no longer a problem and there's a high chance he could actually be scum. On the other, there are many things I dislike about WL (his stance towards FML, his defeatist attitude, etc.) but then If I shoot WL then I have to deal with trying to read a brick wall. Why can't I just shoot them both, or perhaps myself? **** my life.

#HBC | ѕoup

i swear you people just enjoy watching me frustrate myself to no end about mafia like 'haha lol look at soup trying so hard to win poor ****** is all alone by himself HAHA NERD *snorts a line of cocaine*'

Top Bottom