• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't understand the Paper Mario Argument. He is just Mario. I mean it would be a clone. You could at least argue Dr. Mario is a different Mario brother because he is never in a Mario game.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Dr. Mario is Mario. In fact, Dr. Mario is more Mario than Paper Mario is. To say Paper Mario would be clone shows that you have never played any of the PM games, those games are brilliant and really take a life of their own.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Dr. Mario is Mario. In fact, Dr. Mario is more Mario than Paper Mario is. To say Paper Mario would be clone shows that you have never played any of the PM games, those games are brilliant and really take a life of their own.
You forgot to mention that given Paper Mario's gameplay and RPG elements, it will also allow for a Paper Mario moveset completely unique from normal Mario's.

@
volbound1700: Dr. Mario is indeed a Mario game, even if it's a spin-off. It's also been established that Dr. Mario himself is basically normal Mario in a doctor's outfit, so I don't know where you get that idea from.

Smady

Smash Master
He's made of paper. There's a range of attacks only he has access to in his games. A specific lore exists that revolves around the character. His personality is an entity all on its own. The franchise has its own specific niché and fanbase separate from Mario as a whole. There have been a handful of games that form their own canon, each with Paper Mario being a protagonist. The clue is in the name, but also his appearance; he doesn't remotely look the same in these games. Just think about it for a second... fireballs being thrown by a man made of paper? Suicidal. FLUDD on Paper Mario? A cape? The only special I could possibly see on Paper Mario being cloned is the up special, because it is so generic.

Dr. Mario is literally Mario as a doctor. Same character, different persona. And I love live updates! Already beaten to the punch while I'm writing this reply. Good job fellows.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I would just rather see another character i.e. Waluigi, Toad, Bowser Jr., Petey Piranha, etc. then to see another Mario. It is like the Link/Toon Link deal.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I actually want Waluigi in this game, not really so much that I like him as the fact that this game is seriously lacking baddies. Waluigi, Ghirahim, King K. Rool, Medusa, etc. They would all be welcome additions in my eyes.

Plus, Dubs featuring Mario/Luigi Vs. Wario/Waluigi would be hella fun.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I would just rather see another character i.e. Waluigi, Toad, Bowser Jr., Petey Piranha, etc. then to see another Mario. It is like the Link/Toon Link deal.
Understandable, and that's really what this thread is for; talking about Waluigi.

Just remember that even though Paper Mario takes on the appearance and name of Mario, the actual character and world he comes from is far different.

D

Deleted member

If it weren't for the fact that Sakurai had mentioned he had doubts over Wario's inclusion, I would say Waluigi was a lock. Still going to support him, though.

Waa.

Smady

Smash Master
That was because of Wario's farting and crude humour if I recall, so that may not apply to Waluigi.

D

Deleted member

That was because of Wario's farting and crude humour if I recall, so that may not apply to Waluigi.
Actually, I think it was because of a poll that Sakurai made between the 5 revealed Newcomers in the original trailer, and Wario was 5th place, so he took it as "he isn't that popular". Or at least I think that's what Oasis said.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the result would be arbitrary. Had Wario been rakned number 1 and Pit ranked number 5, then Sakurai will sulk at how he may have made a mistake by including Pit. That's my guess.
That's how I see it.
I mean, if it's a poll of 5, the one in 5th place isn't necessarily the least popular or liked.

Smady

Smash Master
Of course! Compared to Pit back in 2006, Wario had been in Wario Land and WarioWare as the main character, while he hadn't been in a game since the GameBoy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Looking over Waluigi's spin-off history, which games do you all think he would most likely use material from in a moveset? Would he wield his tennis racket all the time, like his Assist Trophy does, or just bring it out for a few attacks?

Smady

Smash Master
Looking over Waluigi's spin-off history, which games do you all think he would most likely use material from in a moveset? Would he wield his tennis racket all the time, like his Assist Trophy does, or just bring it out for a few attacks?
Good query. I imagine he would bring the racket out for say, one aerial, one smash and one tilt, same going for other weapons - a golf club, for example, I could see popping up at about the same rate. I would like to imagine they'd give him a Bob-Omb to throw around and rebound off the ground / the opponent for a nice projectile tennis playstyle. There aren't that many sports games with weapons that could be used, so he would resort to generic stuff as seen in the moveset video linked on the previous page - Snake's BAir and similar moves would work on his body type. The frenetic antics found in Luigi's set, such as his dash attack and side special, or other Luigi stuff could be played upon for a twist of 'luigified clone of a luigified clone.' Waluigi getting moves that are a hand-me-down, that were already stolen from another character, seems quite a fun idea! And if they can think up a good way to incorporate the Mario Party di, I'm all for that, too.

D

Deleted member

I feel that Tennis Racket is best choice due to being his source of origin, while throwing in some unique abilities he has had within the spinoffs such as the vines from Strikers Charged.
I actually have a moveset for him if anyone's interested.

D

Deleted member

Neutral Attack – Waluigi punches, then swats with his tennis racket.
Dash Attack – Waluigi leaps forward with a drill kick.
Strong Side – Waluigi uses a slice technique with his tennis racket.
Strong Up – Waluigi attacks with a flat serve technique with his tennis racket.
Strong Down - Waluigi kneels on one leg and sweeps the other leg forward like Ganondorf.
Side Smash – Waluigi swings his tennis racket hard like one of his Assist Trophy finishing attacks.
Up Smash – Waluigi hops on his hands and thrusts his legs upwards.
Down Smash – Waluigi reaches his leg forward and stomps, like his other Assist Trophy finishing attacks.
Ledge attack – Waluigi rolls up from the ledge and attacks with a falling axe kick.
100% ledge attack – Waluigi pulls himself up and uses a lob shot technique with his tennis racket.
Floor attack – Waluigi breakdances as he pulls himself up.
Neutral Aerial – A sex kick. Pretty much like Mario or Luigi.
Forward Aerial – Rapidly frantically swings his tennis racket forward.
Back Aerial – Back fist behind him.
Up Aerial – Flip kick.
Down Aerial – In reference to the Drop Rocket technique from Super Mario Strikers, Waluigi crashes downward feet first.
Grab/Tether Recovery-Waluigi grabs opponents and ledges with a purple thorn whip from Mario Strikers Charged.
Pummel – Knees opponent.
Forward Throw – Serves the opponent with his tennis racket.
Back Throw – Tosses opponent back, then back kicks them.
Up Throw – Punts the opponent upward with his tennis racket.
Down Throw – Throws the opponent to the ground and jumps on them.
Standard Special-Serve: Waluigi pulls out a signature tennis ball engraved with his symbol and lightly tosses it in the air. Press the Special Attack button again to serve the ball forward. If the Special Attack button isn’t pressed a second time, Waluigi merely catches the ball. If the Special Attack button is pressed too early, Waluigi will miss the ball and it will drop to the ground.
Side Special-Swimming Return: Waluigi’s Defensive Power Shot from Mario Power Tennis. Waluigi will swim forward in the air, unaffected by gravity. Waluigi will hit people as he moves forward. This move can be canceled by pressing the normal attack button, in which Waluigi will stop moving and swing his tennis racket.
Up Special-Whirluigi: Waluigi’s Offensive Power Shot from Mario Power Tennis. Waluigi bends his back into the shape of an upside down L, then rises upward while spinning in a tornado. Unlike the Mario Tornado/Luigi Cyclone, he is actually inside a tornado not unlike Meta Knight’s Mach Tornado.
Down Special-Piledriver Stomp: Waluigi stomps people into the ground like his Assist Trophy attack. If used in the air, it spikes.
Final Smash-Destruction Dance: In reference to Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, Waluigi starts to dance while it rains Bob-ombs like in Sudden Death mode. To make matters worse, purple thorny vines grow around parts of the stage like in Waluigi’s Wall-Luigi ability from Mario Strikers Charged.
Taunts-
1. Waluigi strikes a pose similar to his Melee trophy but instead making his symbol with his fingers rather than simply pointing while shouting “Waluigi Time!”
2. Waluigi shouts while making a typical immature face, like his Away Entrance in Mario Strikers Charged.
3. Waluigi cackles to the sky. (His Assist Trophy entrance)
Victory Poses-
1. Waluigi faces the left and Crotch Chops, faces the right and Crotch Chops, then faces the camera and Crotch Chops while continuously chanting his name.
2. Waluigi strums his Tennis Racket like a guitar and ends by striking a “chord”.
3. Waluigi pulls out his potted Piranha Plant and yells “Waluigi wins!” The Piranha Plant then bites onto his nose, causing him to yell out in pain.
Entrance-Waluigi comes crashing down from the sky, like his Home Entrance in Mario Strikers Charged.
Other Neat Stuff-
-When Waluigi does a Dodge Roll, he doesn’t roll. He disappears in a puff of purple fire and reappears where a normal character would go after a Dodge Roll. (Like his ability in Mario Strikers Charged)
-Waluigi, being the poor sport he is, doesn’t clap for the winner. He bites on his tennis racket, throws it to the floor, then turns around and pouts while stamping his foot.

Here it is. Tried to avoid making "random" gimmicks involving the spin-offs, and only focused on Waluigi himself.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Perhaps he should have his standard special involve Bomb-ombs? Since it is kind of fitting and gets Waluigi away from the Spin-Off dependency a little less.

Just a suggestion though, not that I don't like the one you came up with.

D

Deleted member

If Bob-Ombs weren't already items, I'd be more inclined to give him a special move that uses them.

But, I DID incorporate them into his Final Smash, even if it's copying Sudden Death Mode. :troll:

UNLESS, I make him able to serve special Bob-Ombs at Random with the B move.
Seeing this artwork really made me think otherwise about not incorporating many Bob-Omb moves....

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm not so sure those are special bombs, they flash red when they are about to explode.

But yeah you're right, you can just reserve the bombs for his Final Smash, which is fitting. In replacement though you could have something that involves vines, for in Mario Strikers Charged he was able to summon thorny purple vines to block and hurt opponents. Which you reference as his tether grab, I guess that is good enough.

D

Deleted member

Also in his Final Smash. I combined Destruction Dance with Wall-Luigi.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Er I should have looked at that set more closely. >_O Good job with it. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

We should make a petition to try to get Waluigi his own game, don't you all think?

I mean, even Charles Martinet wants one, where you have to cheat to win.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If I had to guess, Waluigi would get more emphasis on his tennis background in a moveset. It's possible he could spawn other sports equipment for attacks, but it might be a tad awkward for him to randomly spawn a golf club for a single move while using his racket for multiple attacks.

Smady

Smash Master
Tennis is his homestead, I would agree that'll be the core of his moveset over the golf club. Maybe he'll be like Peach and bring the golf club out for a single move. I think they even do that in the Waluigi hack for Brawl and it works fairly well.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Waluigi, Toad, or Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr. uses robots to fight. I doubt he will be in.

Waluigi is in sports games. Toad is in sports games and platform games. I think Toad has it over the other two if there eis another rep.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
In the polls being conducted in the sticky, Waluigi is presently the highest of the Mario newcomers.

Smady

Smash Master
I saw! That's a good omen.

Toad's problem is he is more of a race than a character, plus he appears in Peach's moveset. That's not hard to change, but it's a sign of how little respect Sakurai gives the character. Plus he has way less potential than Waluigi.

D

Deleted member

Waluigi should totally be in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom