• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I think that cleared things up a little. I respect your opinion to, and yes I might be at fault for posting this in a Waluigi thread. Never did I assume you saw me as a troll, but other supporters as GoldenY and friends seemingly do. Ah well, it seems you guys indeed have dedicated fans, and I could see why... I mean, if Waluigi would appear in a MAIN GAME, I probably would like his inclusion far more. Right now, I can't just see it happening, but I think supporting him isn't such a bad idea, since it may open up for his inclusion in the next game.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
26 Grimace Lane, Mushroom Kingdom, IMG EEK
Well, I think that cleared things up a little. I respect your opinion to, and yes I might be at fault for posting this in a Waluigi thread. Never did I assume you saw me as a troll, but other supporters as GoldenY and friends seemingly do. Ah well, it seems you guys indeed have dedicated fans, and I could see why... I mean, if Waluigi would appear in a MAIN GAME, I probably would like his inclusion far more. Right now, I can't just see it happening, but I think supporting him isn't such a bad idea, since it may open up for his inclusion in the next game.

Yeah. Even though i see Waluigi as the next logical step as a Mario rep since the Mario series has the characters they need of the main series and they need to represent the second most selling Mario branch, the sports games, i recon he truly needs to appear in a main game or have his own, so that people can enjoy the character a bit more. I´m glad we are cleared up

On a second note....

WALUIGI STILL HATES THE STUPID MONKEY. STUPID DIDDY. ALWAYS BEATS WALUIGI WHENEVER HE IS IN BRAWL. YOU WANT TO FIGHT AGAISN´T WALUIGI ??? HERE´S WHAT I´M GONNA DO

FIRST WALUIGI WILL STEAL YOUR STUPID APE FRIEND

THEN HE WILL KILL HIM

AND THEN WALUIGI WILL STEAL HIS ISLAND. WALUIGI ISLAND 2

THAT´S YOU GET FOR MESSING WITH WALUIGI.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Note to self: the Waluigi fanbase is even weirder than expected. Must take extreme caution if ever encountering these indivuals. Moreso than even the notorious Ridley fans.

D

Deleted member

@Diddy:
If it came to having Waluigi or one of the "real" WarioWare characters, then yeah, having the likes of Mona, Jimmy T., or Ashley would be the better idea. (Or even 9-Volt.)
But I'm talking less in terms of "series", and more in terms of "characters" themselves. It cannot be argued that to Wario himself, Waluigi is the more important character. I mean, he's his lanky purple sidekick and partner in mischief. Jimmy T. and Mona come close, given Jimmy T. is (apparently) an old friend of Wario's and Mona is pretty much the love interest (even though I'm pretty sure such a relationship is considered pedophilia unless Mona's 18. But still, pretty damn creepy.). And Dr. Crygor, who designed Wario's bike, car (I think), and is a major reason the company is thriving.
After that, it begins to drop off quickly. For example, other than working for Wario, there really is no connection between him and Ashley, Kat & Ana, 9-Volt, Dribble & Spitz, etc. Captain Syrup of Wario Land is more important to Wario in comparison to them, being a rival/nemesis of sorts.

However, I'm not saying that means Waluigi is more likely than them or that series doesn't matter.
I'm saying that Sakurai could possibly see reason to have Waluigi be picked over them regardless of not appearing in a WarioWare title because of who he is to Wario compared to them.
Though it is quite a long shot and I would be genuinely surprised if it happened despite acknowledging the possibility.

On another note, what else genuinely surprises me is that you actually aren't trolling at this point. I appreciate that.
EDIT: Great, did I speak too soon?

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Trolling? In a Waluigi thread? That's unheard of!

(Also, when Waluigi gets confirmed, I'm pretty sure the social thread is going to be nothing but one huge trolling area for new people)

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
@Diddy:
If it came to having Waluigi or one of the "real" WarioWare characters, then yeah, having the likes of Mona, Jimmy T., or Ashley would be the better idea. (Or even 9-Volt.)
But I'm talking less in terms of "series", and more in terms of "characters" themselves. It cannot be argued that to Wario himself, Waluigi is the more important character. I mean, he's his lanky purple sidekick and partner in mischief. Jimmy T. and Mona come close, given Jimmy T. is (apparently) an old friend of Wario's and Mona is pretty much the love interest (even though I'm pretty sure such a relationship is considered pedophilia unless Mona's 18. But still, pretty damn creepy.). And Dr. Crygor, who designed Wario's bike, car (I think), and is a major reason the company is thriving.
After that, it begins to drop off quickly. For example, other than working for Wario, there really is no connection between him and Ashley, Kat & Ana, 9-Volt, Dribble & Spitz, etc. Captain Syrup of Wario Land is more important to Wario in comparison to them, being a rival/nemesis of sorts.

However, I'm not saying that means Waluigi is more likely than them or that series doesn't matter.
I'm saying that Sakurai could possibly see reason to have Waluigi be picked over them regardless of not appearing in a WarioWare title because of who he is to Wario compared to them.
Though it is quite a long shot and I would be genuinely surprised if it happened despite acknowledging the possibility.

On another note, what else genuinely surprises me is that you actually aren't trolling at this point. I appreciate that.

Exactly. When it comes to character relationships to Wario, there is no doubt that, after Mario, Waluigi is the character whom Wario interacts the most with.

Since you posted that picture with the Waluigi redesign, i thougth about posting two others that looked nice. My favorite is the last one ( yes i know fancy top hat waluigi has been posted before. i wanted to compare it to wario in Warioware: D.I.Y)

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
@Diddy:

Exactly. When it comes to character relationships to Wario, there is no doubt that, after Mario, Waluigi is the character whom Wario interacts the most with.

Since you posted that picture with the Waluigi redesign, i thougth about posting two others that looked nice. My favorite is the last one

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Waluigi.

I just wanted to tell you that you look beautiful today.

*blush*

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Regarding your first picture? I think that should be an alternate costume.

As much as i like the second picture, the first ones and the one that Golden posted should be alternates. The second one should be if the series gets a costume redesign

Waluigi.

I just wanted to tell you that you look beautiful today.

*blush*

EVEN THOUGTH WALUIGI DOESN´T SWING THAT WAY ( HE THINKS POKEMONS ARE GOOD FOR EATING ONLY), HE APPRECIATES THE COMPLIMENT

AND THAT NAKED WEIRDO TOAD IS RIGHT. WALUIGI IS ALWAYS BEATIFUL. EVEN WHEN HE SLEEPS

D

Deleted member

Isn't it a little too early for that? We need to see Waluigi's fate first.
And unfortunately, he's still got a bratty half-pint turtle and an unlicensed doctor to contend with.

D

Deleted member

@Louie G.:

I've forgotten no one.
There is only Bowser Jr. (if there is a Newcomer) and Dr. Mario (if there isn't a Newcomer) as serious competition.
So long as Dr. Mario is in the running, Paper Mario hasn't a hope in Hell.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So long as Dr. Mario is in the running, Paper Mario hasn't a hope in Hell.
I think Paper Mario's main chance is if Dr. Mario is an alternate costume.
Which is not out of the question, although you have told me in the past why it wouldn't make sense. I just feel like with all the changes going on and Sakurai's change of heart towards some ideas that he turned down back in the Melee/Brawl days, Dr. Mario as an alternate costume is slightly more likely than a separate character slot.

D

Deleted member

Dr. Mario will be a costume when we see Roy and Pichu share the same fate.

EDIT: Also, even if Dr. Mario ends up being a costume as unlikely as it is, Paper Mario would still have Bowser Jr. and Waluigi to contend with. It's not like Dr. Mario's exclusion would give him a free pass.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, i think the only major contender Waluigi has in his Smash inclusion is Bowser Jr, since Jr is the only character left to represent the main series ( Super Mario Bros/3D games/New). With Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Toad ( in a non-playable way) and Yoshi ( who represents his own series, but is still a Mario series) already in, the only ones left would be Nabbit, Birdo and the Koopalings, who have as much chance as Master Chief, and Jr. Jr is a reasonably big Mario character, since he often acts as Bowser ´s second in command. The next biggest selling branch of Mario are the spin-offs. That´s were Waluigi comes in.

But, when it comes down to who vs who, it´s not for us to choose who will be in Smash. It seems that Nintendo is picking characters for Smash based on their recent games. Besides the 7 first veterans, Megaman (who was long overdue for an appearence) and Wii Fit Trainer ( who came right the **** out of nowhere), we have: Villager( AC: New Leaf), Toon Link ( A Link Between Worlds), Marth( Fire Emblem: Awakening), Peach (Super Mario 3D World), Olimar ( Pikmin 3), Bowser ( he is a mainstay now, but his design takes cues from Bowser´s Inside Story), Luigi ( a veteran, but revealed early because of The Year Of Luigi), Pit( Kid Icarus: Uprising) and Sonic ( Sonic Lost World). Sakurai could add Jr because of his longtime requests and New Super Mario Bros ( Luigi) U or Paper Mario: Sticker Star. He could use add Waluigi because of his longtime requests, his early appearence in the series, and Mario Kart 8 or Mario Party: Island Tour. I feel like Nintendo is adding characters that had recent appearences. I could be wrong though. This is pure especulation.

D

Deleted member

Toon Link is not present in Link Between Worlds (perhaps you meant Wind Waker HD), and Marth is based more on Heroes of Light and Shadow than Awakening.

Both of which are still fairly recent, but still; nitpick-worthy.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I wonder what kind of stupid antics Waluigi players will figure out if he ever gets revealed. Maybe they'll keep the glide toss, and his will be able to go halfway across Final Destination, and he can follow up into an Fsmash. So like he's facing Diddy, grabs a banana, glide tosses into a charging Fsmash, then knocks Diddy offstage. I think that would be quite the awesome experience to enjoy as a Waluigi player.

Also, I was thinking about how Waluigi will enter. I'm thinking he'll have like four or five different entry scenes, just to keep the players guessing. Kinds of adds to the whole "gimmick character" feeling of Waluigi.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what kind of stupid antics Waluigi players will figure out if he ever gets revealed. Maybe they'll keep the glide toss, and his will be able to go halfway across Final Destination, and he can follow up into an Fsmash. So like he's facing Diddy, grabs a banana, glide tosses into a charging Fsmash, then knocks Diddy offstage. I think that would be quite the awesome experience to enjoy as a Waluigi player.

Also, I was thinking about how Waluigi will enter. I'm thinking he'll have like four or five different entry scenes, just to keep the players guessing. Kinds of adds to the whole "gimmick character" feeling of Waluigi.

How about these as victory poses: ( Warning: Staring for too long may cause you to feel an sudden urge to destroy Luigi and dress in purple)

Also, is nobody going to talk about Waluigi´s participation at Wario´s Warehouse ? To those of you that don´t know, a long time ago, Nintendo Power had a column called Wario´s Warehouse, where Wario would constantly provide cheats and hints for completing certain video games. Waluigi never had a line, but his participation was... interesting. Since from the beginning ( at least in the japanese website and character bios from Mario Tennis), Waluigi was intended to be the brains to Wario´s brawn. He is described ( in ths very loose translation) as a "boastful and prideful cunning man who uses his brains to his advantage". The Waluigi you are about to see is the exact opposite. Even though it´s not very faithful to the character, he simply became the epitome of comic relief. Check out these ( all of these lines come from Wario):

"Course, I can't divulge my suppliers. Waluigi turns up one day with a truckload of boxes, stuffed full of tips and codes. 'Confidential: Property of Nintendo' stickers all over them - lucky they peeled off so easily. Especially because I had to use one to tape Waluigi's stupid mouth shut after he almost blabbed the whole deal to Mario."

"I blame having to work over Christmas. Waluigi was supposed to hang around outside the Warehouse ready for our big festive delivery of tips and tricks. I gave him a flask of hot coffee to keep him warm: he thought it was some kind of anti-flu pill and swallowed the entire thing. The IQ of a Christmas tree, that boy.

"The warehouse is filling up nicely now - even Waluigi's terrifying stilt-like legs aren't long enough to reach the top of the piles of tips and cheats we've amassed. Maybe I should put him back on the rack for a bit.

"( The lights went out and Wario got scared because he heard some scary noise). Of course, when we got the lights back on, it turned out to be that dunce Waluigi. He'd put his shoes on the wrong way round in the dark and was walking around in unimaginable pain. Which in many ways is actually the scariest thing of all.

"( Wario was looking for Metrod cheats) Waluigi found a boxful of tips for Metroid Fusion - just before the condor he was using to hitch a ride to the top of the pile finally lost its temper and dumped him in the sea."

"Wa-ha-haaa-haaaa! You've got to laugh, readers, otherwise you'd cry. Actually, it's possible to do both at the same time - as I found out recently when Waluigi asked me if cats grow up to be tigers."

"The Warehouse roof is leaking again. This is because Waluigi has made holes in the roof. And this is because Waluigi had a good long think about his pet hamster's cage, and decided that we need airholes just like him to avoid 'having to gasp for air like a mad fish'. His words."

"Hello readers. Sorry there's no 'Wa-ha-haa!' to greet you this time but I'm far too tired. I've been at the hospital all night with Waluigi after a silly stunt went horribly wrong. He was so excited after playing Metroid Prime, he decided to replicate Samus's Morph Ball transformation. Suffice to say, the doctors are still trying to straighten him out now."

Last night Waluigi was doing the washing up and the klutz broke my favourite coffee cup (the one with two handles and a spout). He said he knew how to reverse the damage, and retreated into his room.
Hours later he came out covered in dried clay and brandishing a strange object. He then said something like 'Ocarina of Time!', and slammed the door again.
For the past 12 hours I've had to put up with an awful whining that sounds like a cat stuck in a drainpipe. I don't have the heart to tell Waluigi that I've already been to the shops and bought another coffee cup.

"So, while I put my feet up with an iced tea, I sent Waluigi off to the paint shop to get some bright colours to replace these boring grey walls. But what does he bring back? More grey. Then he explained that the guy in the shop persuaded him to buy their latest product: black and white paint.

I entered Waluigi in a beauty competition in an attempt to win some much-needed cash. But when we turned up, I realised I'd misread the poster - it was really a dog show.
"But we're desperate for the money, so we went ahead anyway. He sailed through the 'fetch a bone' and 'play dead' sections but when it came to the obstacle course, I knew we'd be in trouble. Suffice to say that Waluigi's now in hospital, having a small plastic tunnel removed from his head.

"Greetings my cheat disciples. This week I hit upon a brilliant idea to increase the efficiency of the Warehouse. I don't need more staff, I just need to make Waluigi more intelligent. So I'm teaching him how to play chess.
"It's been an uphill struggle so far. Making him understand the difference between black and white was the hardest part. Then he wanted to eat the pawns. But it seems to be working: he's just managed to tie one of his shoelaces all by himself.
"While I've been waiting for Waluigi to make his moves - which can take anything up to a day - I've been playing Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising. So far, I've worked out some fantastic tips for you, which are available to VIPs and Club Members at the game page now.
"So, Waluigi, have you made your move yet? Waluigi! Put that pawn down!"

And my favorite:

"So, Waluigi's stuck approximately half a kilometre below the earth's crust. And all because I asked him to check the wash label on his filthy shirt. He didn't think to actually take the shirt off - started spinning around like a dog chasing its tail, and ended up churning his way into the ground like a giant purple drill while I stood and watched with the kind of calm neutrality that I reserve for these special Waluigi moments.
"Around half an hour's rumbling, bits of rock and molten magma stopped being spat out of the hole, and I heard the words, "Ah! Why don't I just take the shirt off to have a look?" echoing up to me from the bottom of a 500m-deep well."
"The plan is for him to use his unnervingly pointed chin as a makeshift pickaxe, allowing him to gradually claw his way back up to civilization.

I don´t know you guys, but i want purple drills and chin-axe attacks in Waluigi´s moveset.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
THANKS TO WALUIGI´S KINDNESS AND TEAM SPIRIT, THE SHY GUY IS NO LONGER SHY. HE IS NOW PURPLE HORNY HAPPY GUY. WALUIGI IS SO NICE IN THIS GAME THAT HE LETS EVERYONE DO THE CROTCH DANCE WITH HIM, EVEN THOUGH MANY OF THEM DO NOT HAVE CROTCHES. BUT WALUIGI LETS THEM DREAM ANY WAY.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now assist trophies are confirmed to return. And now we wait and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom