• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wander's Texture Gallery: Mostly Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't tell the difference between the arm and leg textures, they're both identical rectangles...consider it artistic license.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I hate to make such a late bump, but I made my own GC version of Toon Link, and people seemed to like all my others...like Link before him, pretty much all of the Toon Link recolors I saw were just lazy paintjobs where the person colored every inch of his clothes the same green, left his shield the same, etc. And like other characters, I actually used the exact same colors that Link used in Wind Waker wherever possible, so it's as accurate as I could get it. The only part I didn't change was his skin color, because TL has so many different facial expressions with his eyes and mouth it would have taken forever.

Would it be worth my while to make a WW-style Outset Link, or not?

johnovision

Smash Rookie
Hey Wander I was Wondering if you could make a Melee Fire Luigi Texture, like how he looked in Melee?

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't plan on doing C. Falcon or Ganondorf in particular because so many people have already done great recolors of them. I'm currently working on Falco, and maybe Zelda will be after that. There's only so much you can do with Pikachu, Kirby, and Jigglypuff...
Idono, its true a default melee CF has been done, but how bout a green one, or even a blue? They are so iconic xD i really wish for those

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
The alt jigglypuff (on the pic) is lighter than the brawl one.... and you said jigglypuff got lighter in brawl....so you made her even lighter?

so I Think that's a typo under the pic, and you meant the top one is the alt.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Jesus, will people stop bumping my old threads?

No, I meant that the one on the bottom is the alt. It is. When I said that Jiggly got brighter from Melee to Brawl, I meant that her colors actually seemed more vibrant than usual as opposed to all the other characters seeming more dull and "realistically" colored. So I made Jiggs a little paler.

Fire Luigi might be easy to do, but I just went back to school and I have a whole lot of other stuff going on. Like my stage textures, I had kinda hoped this thread would die, but I guess bumping it lets other people get the chance to see and use these textures. Maybe I'll get to it some day, keep an eye out.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
ALERT ALERT BROKEN LINK.

Well, not broken, just the wrong one. Didn't stop me from downloading Bowser. Just a couple of clicks to your files and voila.

Bowser's PAC link is incorrect. It leads to his PCS file instead.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Since I suck so hard at making original costumes or character recolors from other series, I decided to try and recolor some of the characters to match their default Melee costumes. The first three I came to also happened to be the most commonly used characters: Fox, Marth, and Sheik. I do plan on doing more later (requests?), but these will have to do for now (downloads at the bottom):

Changes:
-White jacket and boots
-Brighter green pants and shirt
-Brighter orange fur
-Blue eyes

Changes:
-White trim around the shoulder guards
-Lighter hair
-Lighter blue undershirt with golden trim
-Magenta inside of the cape
-Deeper blue cape (not visible)
-Darker sword, brighter hilt
-White outline around the red jewel clasp
-Recolored gloves and boots

Changes:
-Brighter yellow hair
-Darker skin
-Brighter red eyes and Sheikah symbol
-Blue shading on most of the costume, especially the formerly grey parts

Changes:
-More vibrant blue feathers
-Brighter yellow beak
-Brighter, larger red ring around the eyes
-Yellow jacket
-Brownish red pants
-Silver boots
(*Note that Falco's hands are unchanged in the snapshot, but fixed in the PCS download)

Changes (just about everything):
-Blonde hair
-Purple top
-Pink gloves
-Very pale pink dress
-Bright red hem on the dress
-Completely recolored flap on the front of the dress

Changes:
-Yellow-er hair
-"Peachier" colored dress
-Darker red under-dress
-Redder shoes (like anyone will notice)
-Darker eyes
-More gold decorations around the jewel on her chest

Changes (not much I could do here, either):
-Golden brown (delicious) skin
-Greener shell
-More orangey hair

Changes:
-Lighter...everything. I think I accidentally brightened the hair instead of darkening it, but I'm too lazy to fix it.
-Note that FitPopo01 is a Nana-first costume. I recommend FitPopo03, where Popo is first - it's their double-blue costume.

Changes:
-Lighter green everything
-Slightly darker overalls
-Tanner face
-Lighter shoes

Changes:
-Lighter...everything. Really. Hair, clothes, boots, eyes, everything. Are you noticing a trend? How in order to make things look more like last gen, I have to make them more brightly colored?

I can't tell the difference and neither can you.

Read: Luigi

So Samus are you okay, are you okay, are you okay Samus?
(alright, so I made the arm cannon darker)

Kirby, is that you? (the bottom one is the alt if you can't tell; Jigglypuff was the only character to my knowledge who actually got brighter in Brawl)

Changes:
-Darker skin
-Brighter red shoes and shell
-Brighter spikes
-Solid black eyes

Changes:
-Brighter red hat and shoes
-Darker blue bill and pants
-Highlighted stripes on the shirt
-Reshaded backpack and bat (pretty much unnoticeable, but still)

Changes:
-Brighter blue skin and tanner...skin
-Brighter shoes
-Recolored shoe buckle
-New shoe sole

Changes:
-Red hair
-Golden armbands and bow
-Darker skin
-Blue jewel on the shoulder clasp
-Redder boots and belts
-Brighter shield
-Yellow "pants"

Changes:
-Darker pants, boots, gloves, and grey fur
-Lighter white fur
(based off his official GC design, which was pretty much all black with the blue jacket)

Changes:
-Flat yellow hair, green clothes, white pants, and brown boots
-Blue hilt on the Master Sword, light blue shading down the blade
-Recolored shield, front and back

Fox
Marth
Sheik PCS
Sheik PAC
Falco
Zelda PCS
Zelda PAC
Peach
Bowser PCS
Bowser PAC
Ice Climbers
Luigi
Link
Kirby
Mario
Samus PCS
Samus PAC
Jiggs
Yoshi
Ness
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Sonic
Pit
Wolf
Toon Link

Of course, you can change the numbers after the name to whatever you want; those are just the ones I had them set to.
I am just downloading these ones:

1.Zelda
2.Sheik
3.Luigi
4.Mario
5.Link
6.Samus
7.Meta Knight (Test)
8.Marth (Maybe...Yes...Not...I don't Know :ohwell:)
I am downloading these ones because they are more Cool that the ones that I have already.
I have the Rest of the Melee Textures In my Game!!!!!!!!!
The Textures are Extracted from Melee Itself (Hard Work!!:dizzy:)
Recomendation: Your Melee kirby is 100% Pink, the original is....maybe 56% Pink (Its just a Recomendation)
Good job Great textures Men!!!!!!!!!!:):bee:
They are Similar to the Melee Ones!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom