• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
would you be outraged? or over joyed? i would definantly main him. the best rpg character of all time coming to the best fighting game of all time would make super smash bros. brawl be out of this world in awesomeness!!!

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I find both your post and sig offensive... mostly your sig.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
AttackstorM said:
the best rpg character of all time
Too much bias. I can think of a handful of RPG characters I like way more than Cloud. For example, from the same series I would prefer Cecil and Terra. I doubt either of those 3 would make the cut. Although Cloud obviously stands the biggest chance.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
look, guys. solidsnake's first game was for the NES. how about cloud strife...um, playstation..yea
maybe a FF character for one of the NES or SNES FF games, but i would even think of cloud strife. think more realistic of these non-nintendo character ideas. megaman X and chrono

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
sorry to burst your bubble. never in a million years would i want this, nor will it ever happen. bad blood between N and Square over FF7 and the move to PS.

besides, square characters aren't true mascots. with the exception of FFX-2, and soon Dirge of Cerebus, they only get one game. let them stay where they belong.

why would anyone pick cloud for this game and not, say, squall? or cecil? or sephiroth? or kefka? or gogo? or... etc. etc. we don't have space for the Final Fantasy Universe, and i really can't say Smash would be better with their presence. in fact, i think it'd bring the game down.

if you want a FF fighting game, contact square.

Garath331

Smash Apprentice
Not only has he never been on a Nintendo system before, but he was only in ONE GAME. (OK, more if you count his apperance in Tactics and Chocobo Racing.) He wasn't the best RPG character of all time, just the main character in the best selling RPG of all time.

So, no, no, no-no, and no.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
I knew someone would mention Cloud in wanting them to be in Brawl. lolz

I don't see it happening, but if it does, then wow. That will shock me even more than the Snake appearence...

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
aightz... i turned sig off.... =/ ...cloud would be way more awesome than snake im sure if nintendo asked players first about snake they would say no no no too

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
AttackstorM said:
aightz... i turned sig off.... =/ ...cloud would be way more awesome than snake im sure if nintendo asked players first about snake they would say no no no too

i think you're right about that. cloud would be better than snake, and if i were asked i'd have said no to snake as well, because his world is so gritty and realisitc.

but, hideo is friends with miyamoto, so in this case this isn't about what the fans want, it's about what the creators want.

but now that the door is open, i want to make sure they know what i, as a fan, do want from 3rd party additions. and it's not characters from FF, or DBZ, or Street Fighter, or Mortal Kombat, or Soul Calibur.

it's about old school mascots like Sonic, Megaman, Simon Belmont, Bonk, Pac-Man, and that ilk.

D

Deleted member

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Nintendo has too many other RPG options. And adding Cloud = shooting Camelot Systems in the...well...you know...

Plus how embarassing for Nintendo would it be to see on his trophy/doll thing: 'FIRST APPEARANCE: FFVII (PS1)

Think about it.

Aiser

Smash Lord
****ed Cloud, give me Chrono. he's more of a Nintendo mascot then Cloud ever will be..>_>

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I don't really like the idea of Final Fantasy characters meddling with the Smash franchise. I can't really explain why... they would just seem out of place for me. I'm completely fine with Solid Snake. Can't wait to actually see him pop a cap into characters like Pichu and the Ice Climbers (if they do return... 'shudders.')

Zodiac

Smash Master
foxandfalco said:
look, guys. solidsnake's first game was for the NES. how about cloud strife...um, playstation..yea
maybe a FF character for one of the NES or SNES FF games, but i would even think of cloud strife. think more realistic of these non-nintendo character ideas. megaman X and chrono
One I wouldnt mind is fighter frmo the original final fantasy, I mean, That is a good chance,but, I dont if sqaure would care about a game that old, however, sqaure flagship should stay on sqaure, Also they could put Final Fantasy: Crystla chronicles character in, but that probally wont happen either, now the main character for dragonquest I can definetly see in the game, because dragonquest has only a few games off the nintendo, however as somone on the nintendo power boards put it, then it would be Sqaure enix brawl, or capcom brawl(In case of megaman, no no no) Which im sure capom wouldnt want in this since they have, capmon versus marvel.

Sensai

Smash Master
AttackstorM said:
would you be outraged? or over joyed? i would definantly main him. the best rpg character of all time coming to the best fighting game of all time would make super smash bros. brawl be out of this world in awesomeness!!!
Two words.

Hell. No.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I see nothing wrong with having Cloud in this game. I think it would be pretty cool, though I would rather see older FF characters if any. Maybe Cecil from the SNES, something like that

kaid

Smash Master
History lesson:

Square has held a grudge against Nintendo ever since Nintendo micromanaged them on Super Mario RPG.

Sony also was screwed over by nintendo when the big N dropped the Play Station Experimental (PSX) expantion (for the SNES) in favor of *shudders* the CDi.

When Sony turned the PSX into the Play Station Gaming Console, Square jumped on as fast as possible.

Other than Handhelds, which Nintendo has a stranglehold on, the only Squeenix game on a nintendo system wes Crystal Chronicals, and according to my source (Square head US playtester) Nintendo had to offer them a crapload of cash... and it was made to flop. (If you go the Square website, you can buy FFCC for the price of shipping alone.)

Zodiac

Smash Master
Crystal Chronicles wasnt very good, but with wii here it seems past grudges are being forgiven, vause theyre giving The wii a dragonquest game, and in japan, thats every bit sqaure's flagship game just as much as the whole Final Fantasy series.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Too many sword characters anyways. I feel bad for the Koopa King. He is going to have a tough time. I am pretty sure no FFVII characters will get in, but if any did I would want to see Barrett or the Lion thing. They would fit in better then Cloud, and are deinately more unqiue.

ChaosKnightXD

Smash Apprentice
It would be cool but its not gonna happen.

Now for FF characters that starred on the NES or SNES you have a much better chance with them. I wouldn't mind seeing Kefka, or Cecil, or a Black Mage on SSBB.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Kefka would be awesome! What a great villian. Personally, I think he is more evil then Sephiroth and certainly more badass. They could make him look really cool. Great idea.

saud

Smash Lord
I think that the only 3rd party characters that will appear from any game will be from Konami.

Proof:

At the end of the SSBB trailer, under the "COMING SOON" you see "Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory. Inc. / Pokemon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK Inc. / Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd."

It said nothing about Square, so I don't think there will be anyone from any of the FF series, unless they purposely only started those companies to surprise us with the other characters later.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
The only Final Fantasy characters that deserve any chance of appearing are a Figher or Black Mage from the original FF.

kaid

Smash Master
Note there was no copyright for the other 2nd parties who made characters who were in melee. That's just the copyrights for the characters shown in the trailer.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't know how likely he is, but I wouldn't care if he was in it. He's the most famous character from the most famous RPG series of all time. & I don't even play Final Fantasy or any RPGs for that matter, so this is coming from a completely unbiased perspective.

Doctor Grudge

Smash Cadet
In the end I wouldn't care, and I think your crying to much if you do end up crying that Cloud is in the game.

But there are better choices, Cecil fits the theme alot better then Cloud. Chrono is also a good choice, not to mention I think everyone wants Geno & Mallow in Super Smash Bros.

PeachMystique

Smash Rookie
i'd like to point out they brought cloud into another game...it was called kingdom hearts....

i think its pointless to bring him into smash...he did just fine in FF7 and advent children

Top Bottom