• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario cheapest character in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoGX159

Smash Cadet
When I battle him on CPU Level 9, I can't escape from his side smash move and his aerial upward smash. And he always gets the Smash Ball and strangely enough, I touch it and Wario still gets it.:confused:

smashbot226

Smash Master
???

Are you effing serious?

Cheap = Marth, Falco, and Wolf.

New Mewtwo = Wario.

Wario isn't even that powerful for a heavy character! He's got horrid defense, a weak offense, bad specials, and a mediocre Final Smash. Only thing he has going for him is his comparably fast speed against other heavy power hitters.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I always kick the crap out of Wario. I don't understand you at all. It might be becuase my main is Falco.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
???

Are you effing serious?

Cheap = Marth, Falco, and Wolf.

New Mewtwo = Wario.

Wario isn't even that powerful for a heavy character! He's got horrid defense, a weak offense, bad specials, and a mediocre Final Smash. Only thing he has going for him is his comparably fast speed against other heavy power hitters.
Someone here has never used Wario.

Wario's biggest faults are his lack of range, and bad recovery if he does not have is bike.

However, with his bike, he might have some of the best recovery in the game with a macimum of 4 jumps. The bike itself also cuts down pesky air dodging.

Though low in range, his smash attacks (primarilty his side smash) can KO opponents at rediculously low amounts of damage, and in many cases can even hit the opponents behind him.

His specials are amazing of you can use them right. His bike, probably his best special, not only makes you safe from most attacks, but can KO at high damage. Moreover, it almost always guarentees him a win in Sudden death.

His bite may not be the best attack, but it's an amazing defense. Don't hive time to block that bob-omb or deku nut? Eat it. With explosives you might suffer some slight damage, but at least you'll stay on the stage. Plus, the bite allows Wario to ingest his own bike, allowing him to safely and easily use it again.

The fart is awesome if you charge it up. Can KO several enemies and is extremely powerful. Just don't use it at the top of the screen.

And his up special is basically just recovery.

But where does Wario really shine? His air game. For someone so big and cumber some, he is EXTREMELY mobile in the air. most of his moves can combo, and moreover, he attacks with most of his body allowing for minimal area that can be countered. And his up A Air? The clap? Simply devestating. Almost, if not more powerful than his smashes.

And yes, for some reason, Wario can get the final smash very easily. He doesn't need to time it to use effectively. in fact using it immediately after getting the smash ball is a good idea since a. there will be a lot of enemies around you and b. they won't have time to knock it from you, makes him hard to stop from getting the smash?

And Wario Man? Btween his invincibility, speed, and ability to fly? there is no escape.

Practice with Wario. Come back. Your opinion will no doubt change.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Someone here has never used Wario.

Wario's biggest faults are his lack of range, and bad recovery if he does not have is bike.

However, with his bike, he might have some of the best recovery in the game with a macimum of 4 jumps. The bike itself also cuts down pesky air dodging.

Though low in range, his smash attacks (primarilty his side smash) can KO opponents at rediculously low amounts of damage, and in many cases can even hit the opponents behind him.

His specials are amazing of you can use them right. His bike, probably his best special, not only makes you safe from most attacks, but can KO at high damage. Moreover, it almost always guarentees him a win in Sudden death.

His bite may not be the best attack, but it's an amazing defense. Don't hive time to block that bob-omb or deku nut? Eat it. With explosives you might suffer some slight damage, but at least you'll stay on the stage. Plus, the bite allows Wario to ingest his own bike, allowing him to safely and easily use it again.

The fart is awesome if you charge it up. Can KO several enemies and is extremely powerful. Just don't use it at the top of the screen.

And his up special is basically just recovery.

But where does Wario really shine? His air game. For someone so big and cumber some, he is EXTREMELY mobile in the air. most of his moves can combo, and moreover, he attacks with most of his body allowing for minimal area that can be countered. And his up A Air? The clap? Simply devestating. Almost, if not more powerful than his smashes.

And yes, for some reason, Wario can get the final smash very easily. He doesn't need to time it to use effectively. in fact using it immediately after getting the smash ball is a good idea since a. there will be a lot of enemies around you and b. they won't have time to knock it from you, makes him hard to stop from getting the smash?

And Wario Man? Btween his invincibility, speed, and ability to fly? there is no escape.

Practice with Wario. Come back. Your opinion will no doubt change.
Of course that wasn't biased at all, but he is definitely not a bad character.

OP, perhaps you should tone the CPU level and practice a bit more. Learning AI movements is not that hard.

ChromeSonic00

Smash Apprentice
Practice on low levels, then move up to middle levels, then go to high levels. Once you reach high levels, you should be able to recognize the AI movements very well. The main thing though, is practice.

//5M45H\\

Smash Rookie
Wario is very good actually. Upon my first try, I beat all people I was playing against with about 7-8 kills. Now, I'm not gonna call him cheap, but he is definitely up there. And for the guy who said Wolf was cheap, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. You say Wario is terrible? He is about just as fast as Wolf with more power. In fact, another thing about Wario is that, none of his moves can actually be considered as bad. Read my post on Wolf in the "wolf is way overpowered" thread to hear my argument.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I don't know; I can say that Wario gives me a really hard time on his higher difficulty settings (possibly the hardest of any character); I think that is because, as a few have mentioned earlier, he is extremely mobile in the air. He easily outmaneuvers me. When I first used him, I was unimpressed with his dash speed (although expected). I did not expect him to rival Yoshi in air mobility.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I've played some beastly Warios online (inexplicably, all of their players seem to have good senses of humor). You need to really take advantage of his air game to deal damage, and then set up a way to have a good smash near the floor to kill.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Cheap characters? Pit and Meta Knight. Unless you TRY to be cheap with them, you won't win. :p

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Wario is quite fun. He's my numbah 3. His air game is great. Wario is not the new Mewtwo, and anyone who says that shall be shot.

Lucario is the new Mewtwo, DUH.

smashbot226

Smash Master
But of COURSE Wario is the unrivaled king of aerial games!

Tied with Wolf of course...

And the animation for eating an explosive weapon leaves you open to all kinds of trickery...

B: Amazing for defense, eh? Nothing a little jump over the head can't fix...

B>: Hey, when I say bad specials, I mean in general. This is his saving grace, although its primary use is recovery...

BV: Don't even try to defend it. It takes around two minutes for it to fully charge up, and the overall effect is only good if the opponent is at 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom