• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario in 2v2 Battles

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
I do think it's good synergy.
There's the slight problem with killing, but it can be worked around =|
And MK MK does have good team combos. All the multi hits set up beautifully for one another.

Popertop

Smash Champion
yeah.

8-9 hit strings aren't that hard with that team, and I've Fsmashed in the middle of a nair, so that the last hit still registered, it was gross.

but MK G&W can build damage like crazy Bair > Fair > Bair > Fair > Nair > Nair > Nair > Nair sooo gross like 100+ in three seconds

CY

Smash Ace
mk g&w is the best team in my eyes. so sick..

mk wario is the best team involving a wario though :) too ****, probably one of the best teams in the game.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Have there been any successful Wario+G&W teams? I haven't seen any to be honest. I have seen successful Wario+MK and double Wario teams.

If anyone has links to a video that would be helpful.:)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Kit (BrownPaperSack on here) and Jordan do really well as Wario/GW... I personally can't seem to make it work for me, though.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
Lol why dont you try teaming with UTDZac at the next tournament Phantom? It seems you guys would have good synergy together. The only problem with a G&W and Wario team is that a metaknight on the other team gives trouble to both. Having a metaknight on your team with ease this trouble. I dont know if Wario and metaknight is better than double metaknights though.

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
i just did wario/kirby today. Pretty **** good, too. range is not that much of a problem thanks to kirbys bair and it's so easy to combo. While kirby is doing a grab combo, wario can just fair or barely dair the enemy to keep them in follow-up range for kirby. it also doesn't put him at such a disadvantage to be in that position, so it works. in general, the 2 can juggle back and forth with aerials. Also, kirby has power, so you can easily grab release/down throw the opponent into nasty stuff. Kirby's dair also kicks ***... whenever someone gets offstage (big targets especially), its so easy to spike them. We ended up getting 5th out of 15 or so, i think, but we were playign like anther, lain, judge, quik, hunger, etc. the teams in the top 4 all had MK (mk-wario, snake, pikachu) and they were just better than us in general (obviously) lol

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
That's an interesting team, stnapknah. I'll have to look in to it more. :)

Sorry everyone for the lack of updates; I've been kinda busy recently.

Quik17

Smash Ace
Falco + Wario is an under rated team. Falco's insane ability at racking up damage in a very short time goes well with Wario's kill power.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Falco + Wario is an under rated team. Falco's insane ability at racking up damage in a very short time goes well with Wario's kill power.
Thanks for the input. :)

I've thought about this a lot, and I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on whether fox or falco is a better partner for wario (or if they are equal).

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
i just did wario/kirby today. Pretty **** good, too. range is not that much of a problem thanks to kirbys bair and it's so easy to combo. While kirby is doing a grab combo, wario can just fair or barely dair the enemy to keep them in follow-up range for kirby. it also doesn't put him at such a disadvantage to be in that position, so it works. in general, the 2 can juggle back and forth with aerials. Also, kirby has power, so you can easily grab release/down throw the opponent into nasty stuff. Kirby's dair also kicks ***... whenever someone gets offstage (big targets especially), its so easy to spike them. We ended up getting 5th out of 15 or so, i think, but we were playign like anther, lain, judge, quik, hunger, etc. the teams in the top 4 all had MK (mk-wario, snake, pikachu) and they were just better than us in general (obviously) lol
I also agree that Kirby is a wonderful teammate. We beat ZOM-B and Rayku in doubles with that combo... Kirby can hit them twice and then you drill them once and bam, half a stock. They both work around eachother very well, we would often just run away from one enemy and weave into the other, both hitting him hard and doing a looot of damage. And if you bite kirby won't accidentaly f-smash you =D

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Kit (BrownPaperSack on here) and Jordan do really well as Wario/GW... I personally can't seem to make it work for me, though.
That's cause when you put too much awesome in one team it falls apart.

Yeah I still don't understand why we suck together at teams.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
That's cause when you put too much awesome in one team it falls apart.

Yeah I still don't understand why we suck together at teams.
You two suck in teams together? What the heck? You're both sooooo good at teams though >.<"

And you and me were doing fine with Wario/GW on Wednesday o.O

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Idk, PhantomX just sucks. Or I just suck. Something, but when we try to play together, we lose. Always lose.

Even in 100KO random teams matches. Curse you MK.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's mostly cuz Zac and I both want to do awesome things at the same time, all the time, and end up doing them on each other.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
It's mostly cuz Zac and I both want to do awesome things at the same time, all the time, and end up doing them on each other.
Yeah, that's how it works! Stop fighting it!

Stop thinking about your teammate as a partner and start thinking about them as an obstacle.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I picked up wario for teams about a month back, and I perma with a beastly peach player and it works out pretty well. Peach is well known for her DPS (damage per second) and wario's got the muscle to back it up, I also play off my partners Dair pretty well, since team combos are where it's at. IDK I enjoy the combo, snakes and MKs team attack me way too often.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
He is great in teams because of his small size, weight, damage racking and kill power. Who's now?

ChomP

Smash Cadet
I like the Wario and ROB team. ROB can rack up the damage laser you if you get grabbed from some reason. The gyro can lead to set ups like the fart or fsmash. But I like the Wario and Mk combo more though :)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Heh, this needs updating. I'll comb through youtube and see what I find. Anyone else have any beef with the current order?
I do I think DK is a really good partner to have.

DK's strength's would be
Stock tank
He kills people really early
Stage Control
can be decent against MK snake and G&W (very popular in dubz)
Bite into Giant punch is teh sex.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I like the Wario and ROB team. ROB can rack up the damage laser you if you get grabbed from some reason. The gyro can lead to set ups like the fart or fsmash. But I like the Wario and Mk combo more though :)
True, and I've seen lots of good (albeit dated) videos of a good Wario/ROB team. ROB's projectiles complement Wario's lack thereof rather well. ROB also has a spike, which is always a good thing for gimps. Both also have heavy weights and great recoveries.

I do I think DK is a really good partner to have.

DK's strength's would be
Stock tank
He kills people really early
Stage Control
can be decent against MK snake and G&W (very popular in dubz)
Bite into Giant punch is teh sex.
Yeah, some good things about that team, but neither are particularly fast (meaning running speed on the ground), and neither have projectiles. But DK should probably be higher on the list for some reasons you mentioned such as a team with great power and durability.

I'm thinkin' ZSS-Wario could be a great team. Thoughts?

DUB

Smash Lord
Heh, this needs updating. I'll comb through youtube and see what I find. Anyone else have any beef with the current order?
I feel like Diddy is too low for a partner. Do they really not do that well together? Wario has the kill power Diddy lacks. He's also good at avoiding naners.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I feel like Diddy is too low for a partner. Do they really not do that well together? Wario has the kill power Diddy lacks. He's also good at avoiding naners.
Yeah, diddy is pretty good. It's just not as well-known of a combination, I don't think. But in theory, yes, it should be a good team.

I'm teaming with Snakeee this weekend. Here's to hoping we have good synergy.
Sounds like a pretty **** good team. Let me know how it goes.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I play ROB, DK, and G & W, and all 3 work well with Wario (who I also play with).

ROB works if the Wario is aggro so ROB can just add damage as Wario finishes them. ROB Dthrows to 1/2 wafts is sex. Plus the projectile game helps Wario if he gets in a sticky situation. Both excel at gimping, and ROB's ground game can hold its own. However, MKs and G&W can hurt this team pretty badly though, so be wary of them.

DK is just too good. Dk's range and ground game complement Wario's air game. Ground Pound itself pops up enemies into Wario's way to punish them. Between the two of them it's enough kill power and mobility to clean clocks with. They also have some strong combo potential. DK down B> Wario Dair> Dk Bair> Wario B> DK Fsmash/9 punch....Ouch to say the least. Nado and DDD's grab are the only problems I see with this team.

Wario and G & W is probably the best team you can have w/o MK. But everyone has suggested this team already so I won't go into detail with it.

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the bump because I know this thread is old but we at the DK boards have a 2v2 discussion going on and the character on the spotlight is wario so if any experienced wario mains have any input on this teaming then please come and help us out <3

DK Teams Thread

tedeth

Smash Master
Wario/Snake is amazing guys.

C4 is ridiculous.

Stickied Wario is broken.

If he gets a grab, they get C4'd.

If he gets grabbed, they get C4'd. (I was once actually grab released by a Marth and my partner blew him up before he could hit me. :p)

If he gets a chomp. You'd better believe they're getting C4'd.

To confuse the **** out of them, I sometimes airdodge through them. Then they're like "punish" and they get C4'd.

One of my favs is an MK tornadoing me. Once nado is over, they get C4'd and it can lead to an uair/waft since you're above them.

Just thought I'd put it out there since the thread was bumped.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Wario/Snake is amazing guys.

C4 is ridiculous.

Stickied Wario is broken.

If he gets a grab, they get C4'd.

If he gets grabbed, they get C4'd. (I was once actually grab released by a Marth and my partner blew him up before he could hit me. :p)

If he gets a chomp. You'd better believe they're getting C4'd.

To confuse the **** out of them, I sometimes airdodge through them. Then they're like "punish" and they get C4'd.

One of my favs is an MK tornadoing me. Once nado is over, they get C4'd and it can lead to an uair/waft since you're above them.

Just thought I'd put it out there since the thread was bumped.
You seriously stole what I was gonna say.

wario dthrow-snake fsmash. I've seen hunger/grimace do it before several times in tourney. Its not just about the tricks, they both live long and have high killing power/damage racking. You cant really afford to make mistakes against this team because you can really get ****ed up fast.

Top Bottom