• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario - Past and Present

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Does anyone besides me miss the Wario from the old days? When he was known for being Mario's wicked, greedy counterpart. I think that he was a much more interesting character then, but recently wherever he goes there's a fart joke close by... I've sort of lost all respect for him. I liked him more when he was a garlic-eatin', gold-stealin' antihero instead of a fart-happy moron.

...But I guess if he wasn't fart-happy, we wouldn't be able to pull off a fully charged down special at the last second of a 2:00 Time match. Anyway, anyone agree or disagree that the Wario of old was a more interesting character?

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone besides me miss the Wario from the old days? When he was known for being Mario's wicked, greedy counterpart. I think that he was a much more interesting character then, but recently wherever he goes there's a fart joke close by... I've sort of lost all respect for him. I liked him more when he was a garlic-eatin', gold-stealin' antihero instead of a fart-happy moron.

...But I guess if he wasn't fart-happy, we wouldn't be able to pull off a fully charged down special at the last second of a 2:00 Time match. Anyway, anyone agree or disagree that the Wario of old was a more interesting character?
I agree, you're not alone out there.

Neon Ness

Really? You thought he was one-dimensional before? I think relying on farts for humor most of the time is one-dimensional...

I think being able to turn into a snowball, a zombie, a bat, a balloon, etc. made him a pretty well-rounded character in the past.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Really? You thought he was one-dimensional before? I think relying on farts for humor most of the time is one-dimensional...

I think being able to turn into a snowball, a zombie, a bat, a balloon, etc. made him a pretty well-rounded character in the past.
You forget that he is also now the owner, founder, and CEO of a Million Dollar Videogame company.

Neon Ness

Touche. I don't think I have a comeback for that one!

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Yea i think the fart stuff is getting old.
I played MSC really competivivly (mario strikers charged) and i was pretty elite for my time and i used wario alot.
His special was a giant fart that would make any1 that went in it(not including himself) nauseous. Sure it was pretty funny when I saw it but its gettin old.

Neon Ness

Yeah, see, that is a good point. I wish they didn't feel the need to work into EVERY single game he's in. I hope it's less prevalent in Wario Land: Shake, but more likely than not I'm wrong...

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
So far Wario has only been fating alot in multiplayer games, in his own games he rarely farts, though he always mentions that something stinks, but it isn't him:laugh:!

Neon Ness

Actually, in Wario: Master of Disguise I hear there were a lot of fart jokes made, and that was a single player game. But I never played for myself (I hear it's not so good) so I'm not entirely sure.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Seriously... if you ask me, Nintendo should wizen up and redesign Wario as follows:

^This would be the game to end all games, no discussions.

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
or nintendo should actualy create warios games unlike some of the others where its been some other developer, no joke, nintendo knows how to make games, there just lazy, just look at the great job they did with super mario galaxy

KillingJoke

Smash Cadet
Who cares. I didn't buy Smash for the jokes.

Wario has an insane aerial game backed up by sick DI abilities and special moves. Nintendo could have totally copped out and just made him stereotypical slow and powerful villain #847593874593.

Who cares if he farts a lot? It's just a move.

It's way less annoying than pit's side B at least.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Wario is a gross dude that eats cloves of garlic. Of course he has to fart every few minutes. I would be suprised if he didn't.

And PhantomX, thanks for the new background for my computer, the 3 different Wario's doing the Wawawa taunt was getting old.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
the thing is he went from badass to comedian in less than a second for no apparent reason...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wario has always been known to cause havoc, even back in Mario Power Tennis where he did vandalize a picture of the Mario Bros. along with Waluigi.

Seriously... if you ask me, Nintendo should wizen up and redesign Wario as follows:

^This would be the game to end all games, no discussions.
An M rated Wario game would destroy Wario big time. His games should be limited to either an E or E10+ rating. Besides we don't want Wario to end up like Conker.

Neon Ness

Now I'm a little sad because this isn't a real game... Gears of Wario should be Nintendo's next big project. Get to it, Nintendo!

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
Lol, So Wario is a Ceo,Owner, of a Videogame company, Professional Athlete(Racing,Soccer,Tennis), Biker, and thief and you're still not satisfied? I'd say he's pretty awesome all farting aside

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
Lol, So Wario is a Ceo,Owner, of a Videogame company, Professional Athlete(Racing,Soccer,Tennis), Biker, and thief and you're still not satisfied? I'd say he's pretty awesome all farting aside
Agreed. However, Gears of Wario would be awsome as long as you dumped that idiot Waluigi.

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
if wario didnt break off from mario, people wouldnt respect him as much, plus, he would have the mushroom symbol in brawl instead of a giant W

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord

i don't know if you're pinning this on Wario Ware, because you shouldn't. wario was a bad spin-off mario character before the wario land series. even then he was just hoarding gold. i like him much better from wario ware. the fart-happy stuff is what brawl did to luigi. i love luigi in luigi's mansion and mario strikers charged, but the brawl luigi is just a stupid. he's so silly it's dumb. they take the fact that he's a secondary character and suddenly make him a common sidekick. same thing with wario. while they acknowledge that wario's his own character, they're assuming that because his minigames are wacky and crazy, so is he.

Neon Ness

Yeah... y'know, you bring up a good point on Luigi I hadn't thought of, as well. Also, just to be clear to everyone, I'm not saying Wario's not awesome or whatever, just, I think the farting made him less awesome.

Top Bottom