• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Even up angled Ftilt. I tested it with Dphat quite a bit.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, it depends. If your Up Angled Ftilt's hitbox hits him before the bottom part of the nado's hitbox reaches your hurtbox, you will still beat it out.

H4XGD

Smash Rookie
So, I hear a lot about GaW being a scrub character and such, and I've been using him forever. I slowly am getting bored with him, and I want to move on to a slightly more advanced character that will still be competitive. I'm trying to avoid someone very technical like Olimar. Can the Wario forum recommend me such a character? If Wario doesn't fit this description, please refer me to another character. Thank you!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
So, I hear a lot about GaW being a scrub character and such, and I've been using him forever. I slowly am getting bored with him, and I want to move on to a slightly more advanced character that will still be competitive. I'm trying to avoid someone very technical like Olimar. Can the Wario forum recommend me such a character? If Wario doesn't fit this description, please refer me to another character. Thank you!
Metaknight.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I want a character that will pose SOME challenge to learn, but one that I can grow with and move on to the next stage of my development. I also don't want him to be completely useless in the meantime.
LoL @ that from a G&W main. Anyways if you want to pick up Wario then go ahead. I'm just messing with you man. I hope you enjoy. Here's a guide to help you on your journey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5DVHC0J9KM

H4XGD

Smash Rookie
LoL @ that from a G&W main. Anyways if you want to pick up Wario then go ahead. I'm just messing with you man. I hope you enjoy. Here's a guide to help you on your journey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5DVHC0J9KM
Well, see, that's the thing. Now that I've seen that having an easy-to-learn, easy-to-use character is flat-out boring, I want to find someone who can bring me to the next level of play instead of a really forgiving character like GaW.

But whatever, if the Wario community doesn't want me/doesn't want to give serious help, then that's cool. I experienced this when I first was picking a main, and it led me to just take the easy way out of a character who doesn't need much community interaction to improve.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
^ seems like you arent playing enough tournaments.. Any character is fun in tourney and challenging. With a very few number of exceptions.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Well, see, that's the thing. Now that I've seen that having an easy-to-learn, easy-to-use character is flat-out boring, I want to find someone who can bring me to the next level of play instead of a really forgiving character like GaW.

But whatever, if the Wario community doesn't want me/doesn't want to give serious help, then that's cool. I experienced this when I first was picking a main, and it led me to just take the easy way out of a character who doesn't need much community interaction to improve.
I'm really just messing with you man. If you want to main Wario I think you will enjoy it. The Wario boards are really cool and laid back man hopefully if you choose to main Wario you'll learn that. Don't be afraid to ask for help along the way there's a lot of good Wario mains here

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
MK is a tough character to use. He has amazing attributes but that doesn't make him a guaranteed win. It will pose some challenge for you to get good with him.

Olimar is nowhere near technical. I don't know where you birthed that idea, but it's a fallacy.

Wario is a tough character to use, but the Wario boards aren't going to coach you to victory. Its quite difficult to explain how to use this character effectively other than blanket statements such as "Don't get grabbed" and "Bait and Punish".

If you are looking to SWF for character choice, then just pick the most active board.

I find Waft-Oli's vids rather hilarious. That guy is goin places.

Welcome to the Wario boards.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He does make epic videos though.

Also, Wario is dynamic enough to where everyone plays him markedly different. You really just need to play him and get a feel for him.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
i hate wifi mode sooo much <.<
i remember that ive played against almost legandary, dynomite and bassem6, but just for fun in wario ditos xD
hate it to play wario online, with big button delay, punishing sucks

Padô

Smash Lord
Well, Castle Siege helps a lot on the 1st and 2nd transformation to KO MKs either with waft or FSmash. Delphino on the Parasol transformation, the roof one, the stairs one and, my favorite one, the Shine, on the other ones they just have higher blastzones above and the same blastzones as FD.

Also, Bassem is right.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I don't recommend you go Brinstar against MK. Saying you KO earlier is a total heap of rubbish, especially since they get the exact same advantage. It's not like the blastzones will only change in Wario's favor. It's definitely doable, and probably a decent CP, but in my experience neutral do the job much better.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Well... it's better than most CPs out there, it's definately not bad...

It really is debatable which stages are btter between the MK and Wario matchup since we both do good and worse on the majority of the stages. Pick a stage they don't know well, and if they know all... whatever you're most comfortable with.

As long as it's not RC.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think Brinstar is a terrible choice for Wario to pick against MK. Sharking and Tornado, not to mention shuttle loop, become extremely safe when done correctly because of the layout of the stage.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I think Brinstar is a terrible choice for Wario to pick against MK. Sharking and Tornado, not to mention shuttle loop, become extremely safe when done correctly because of the layout of the stage.
You shouldn't get sharked if you stand on one of those high platforms.

Top Bottom